a little worried about crowds!

ricflairandy

Original Poster
taking the kids and wife to disneyworld orlando (and universal studios) in march, 16th-30th. Im a little worried that this time may coincide with the spring break and that the crowds will be unbreable.

Is spring break always this time of year? And is the weather good?

Im coming from the UK and now am worrying that i may have made a big mistake.

Epcot82Guy

Few things:

1. You will hit spring break crowds. It will be busy, but it should not be unbearable. Just educate yourself and be ready to use fastpass. Also, go in with the intention of the crowds and lines being lengthy. You may always be pleasantly surprised (although numbers are up this year overall).

2. Take the time to experience some things you may skip usually like the Resorts, water parks, etc. The weather will be VERY nice then. It is starting to get warm, and it isn't too much into the rainy season. I would highly suggest taking a day or two to just do some exploring, especially if this is not your first trip. My family didn't do that until our 11th or 12th trip, and I regret it, especially if the kids are older.

3. Know your low-line attractions. Obviously, the big popular guys will have lines, but you can often get the shows, omnimovers, etc. in with little waits, even at this time. Avoid parks with EMHs during the regular times, especially the morning ones.

fizzle75

dont worry about crowds just plan on haveing a good time at the world!

Amen!!! Just TRY not to focus on the crowds,focus on having fun despite the crowds. My wife and I have been twice in late April and while it has been very busy you can still see and do alot and still have fun. As for the weather it just depends on what you are used to,we live in a small town in North Carolina and we are usually ALOT cooler than Orlando so when we go in April we usually BURN UP(but we still have a great time). It isn't the heat that gets you,it's the humidity! Just my two cents,hope they help. Have a great time!:)

doop

There will be crowds, but there are still a share of walk ons, if you keep your eyes open. I've been in march/april for 3/4 of my trips, and the crowds aren't as bad as what I hear the christmas/NYE crowds are like.

barnum42

If schools are out, there will be higher attendance figures. But as others have said, it's a big place with plenty of room.

ricflairandy

Original Poster
Thanks, just got to find accomodation now. Still a little worried that crowds will be alot worse than april but well see.

We went last in october 2003 and it was fantastic, virtually no queues anywhere. And the express pass at universal was free :brick:

coltow

Not everyone has school off in March. In the northeast it's mid April that schools are out. I know alot of colleges have time off in March, but a good amount of college kids that go away for spring break go away to the Carribean or Florida beaches. My parents go every March and hit a few ball games, they've never said the crowds are crazy.

ilovepluto

well usually a lot of universities have their spring breaks between the whole month of march.. i think either way in the spring time causes better weather, thus more people coming to wdw anyways

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom