A Little Late on T Rex.... Help

jenluvswdw

Original Poster
Going to the world in a few weeks. Had all my ADRs booked 180 days out. Made a few adjustments about 2 months ago and tried to get ADRs at T Rex. UGH, impossible! :mad: My question is, is it worth just going and trying without reservations? Will I have any chance if I go say 4:30 to check in on a week day? What has your experiences been like? Side note: I have 2 boys and my husband likes the menu.

chuckd3

Going to the world in a few weeks. Had all my ADRs booked 180 days out. Made a few adjustments about 2 months ago and tried to get ADRs at T Rex. UGH, impossible! :mad: My question is, is it worth just going and trying without reservations? Will I have any chance if I go say 4:30 to check in on a week day? What has your experiences been like? Side note: I have 2 boys and my husband likes the menu.
Just call the restaurant direct. They will have plenty of reservations!

taz0162

T-Rex only sets aside a small portion of the restaurant for Disney ADR's. We went on a day that was non-Disney activity related and went standby. 1 hour wait but it wasn't that bad. The store has a lot to look at. My son spend most of the time in the sand bone dig site near the front. The food was good. It was a week day but during the Christmas Holiday Season.

lunchbox1175

We go every trip and have never needed one. Becoming a Landry's Select member is a great way to get in quicker, they put you at the top of the list when they are on a wait, plus you earn points everytime you eat at one of there restaurants. We eat at Saltgrass and Grotto a lot at home, so when we go to T-Rex, the points I have saved up will get us about $100 worth of free food.

TRONorail10

T-Rex and Rainforest are two of the busiest table service restaurants at WDW on a consistent basis. I know Disney has themed restaurants, but the atmospheres at T-Rex and Rainforest just blow everything Disney has out of the water. I'll give Disney credit though, they definitely stepped up their game with Be Our Guest. I look forward to seeing how Disney will approach new restaurant construction in their parks and resorts in the years ahead.

VoiceGuy07

You could always try this!

While we were waiting for our name to be called at T-Rex, we overheard a father pull his family together after checking on wait times. He told his family something about making up a story about how T-Rex lost his reservations and then instructed the family to just follow his lead. They walked back to the host/hostess stand, he told his tales of woe and was seated.

It worked but I sleep better at night.

materbuddy

I am not a fan of T-Rex. We love Rainforest and couldn't wait to try it. We tried it when it first opened and it wasn't great and extremely loud. Especially when the meteor shower starts. We tried it again last October and faced all of the same problems. Not worth it.

Mrs.Toad

I don't think it is always impossibly busy like when they first opened.

We went for a drink at the bar in the summer and there were many empty seats. We were going to maybe get a table but we can't turn down Raglan so we ended up there.

cetta28

I think it would be worth it! You can always talk to the front desk at your hotel and see if they can get you reservations for that day or the next-people cancel ADR's all the time. If nothing comes along I would say go and see if they can seat you as a walk up. My DH and I have gone the last two times we have visited the world because he loves dinosaurs and we always make it a dino day! morning at AK and dinner at T-Rex. The large T-rex they have in there is just amazing and the meteor shower that goes on every so often is so emersive! Have a magical trip!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom