A little Help Please

princess'dad

Ok we are starting to plan for our nest trip but have run into a few questions,
we are trying to decide on April 20-27 2012 or June 8-16 2012

We are also looking at were to stay wilderness lodge, beach club or the contemporary we are a family of for with daughters 6 and 3 years old

any info on crowd levels and thoughts on resorts would be great

thanks for any info :)

imahistorygeek

Touring plans is reporting pretty manageable crowds for those dates in April and only slightly higher in June. Looks like either time is really good to go. However, I've never been during that time, so what I'm saying could be useless. :)

Upvote 0

beckyj3266

I think going in April will be a better choice than June. It won't be as crowded and the heat & humidity won't be as bad. We stayed at the Fort Wilderness cabins last year & we all loved it! The cabins fit our style & felt like home. It was very spacious, even for our group of 7 (me, my husband, DD1, DD3, 2 teen nieces & my mother)! There's a kitchen & table, so we were able to eat breakfast in our cabin before going to the park. We also were able to go back to the cabin & make a meal while the kids were napping, then we ate when they woke up & went back to the parks. Great time & money saver that you can't get without the kitchen. There's also a grill on the cabin's deck if you feel like a bbq! I think what we liked most was the 15 boat ride to the Magic Kingdom from the boat dock at Fort Wilderness. That was very convenient! I hope this helps! Enjoy your trip!

Upvote 0

coltow

See I'd pick June, but I have boys that would kill to see a Star Wars weekend.

I'm voting for Wilderness Lodge. With little girls I assume you'd spend a good amount of time at MK and WL is just a short boat ride away. It's also less expensive then the others

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
As a general rule of thumb remember that when the kids are out of school it is more crowded in the parks. I would go with April since you will have less heat and humidity also.

As far as the hotels I would go with either the Wilderness Lodge or the Contemporary since they are closest to the Magic Kingdom where chances are you will be spending most of your time with 3 and 6 year olds. While Wilderness Lodge is going to be less expensive you will still have to wait for the boat to take you to and from the Magic Kingdom and take a bus elsewhere, you will have the convenince of walking to the Magic Kingdom from the Contemporary plus you also have Chef Mickeys. Not to mention the monorail that you can take to the TTC to switch over for the monorail to Epcot.
So it comes down to convenience versus savings........ Good Luck!

Pam

Upvote 0

addcogulf

We are also looking at were to stay wilderness lodge, beach club or the contemporary we are a family of for with daughters 6 and 3 years old

any info on crowd levels and thoughts on resorts would be great

thanks for any info :)

June is a better month. I've been there both months, both very hot, but April was always more crowded when I was there. The Contemporary Hotel is the better choice with small children because it is on the mon line and makes much easier in and out of the parks. Unless you are a real Epcot fan, then the Beach club has walking ability. My choice as someone who goes to WDW a few times a year, had small children, still brings small grand children, and stayed at both hotels in April and June, is June and the CR. I honestly never stated at Wildreness Lodge, but I cant see the boat being easier and quicker and more comfortable than the Mon.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

lovedonald

Hotel

I know most people have suggested the hotels nearest to Magic Kingdom, but i would seriously consider Beach Club. Although it is a ways away from Magic Kingdom. It is a boat ride away from Hollywood Studios and within walking distance from Epcot. The main reason i suggest it is you have a lot of dining options and probably the best pool on property with a sand area in the middle of it. You also have access to a beach.

Upvote 0

MaryJaneP

Have done CR in April many times when our kids were young. I highly recommend both April and CR. However, I am seriously thinking of WL or an Epcot Resort for our next trip. CR is uber expensive.

Upvote 0

erinshaneb

I really have no input since I haven't stayed at any of them..we did go the end of April 10 years ago for our honeymoon, but that won't help you...what I can say is WOW..the opinions are sooo ALL OVER ..lol...I think you might have just confused yourself even more :brick: I would suggest just deciding where you want to stay and what has the most for you guys, bcuz for every opinion there is an equal and opposite opinion...

Upvote 0

eroyee

I would go in April and would definitely stay at the Contemporary with your young girls. That is close to the MK and take the monorail any time you want to go....

Upvote 0

Leebenton

Definatly April humidity not quite as bad. Our Sept. 2009 trip both of my girls were 6 and 3 at the time and probably the best trip we have had so far. I would suggest Beach Club because of the convenience to two of the parks(HS & EPCOT) and bus ride to MK is only about 10 minutes. Good Luck and have fun

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom