A Little Bit of Disney in Indy?

DisneyJill

Someone (on here, I think) said that the man who designed Illuminations and Wishes is the same person who designed Boston's 4th of July show. (which, by the way, I saw and it was incredible....the 3 hour trip OUT of the city was not...) Anyways, perhaps that same man is designing Sky Concert? Just a thought.

tracyandalex

i don't know about paying royalties, but when i was in highschool we did a montage of disney songs - it was kinda like a musical. i know my school didn't have a lot of $$$$ for royalties, so i guess under certain circumstances you can use the songs and characters. now that i think about it though, most of the arrangements of the songs were a little different than the "movie" version. i don't know, just my $0.2.

tracy

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
DisneyJill said:
Someone (on here, I think) said that the man who designed Illuminations and Wishes is the same person who designed Boston's 4th of July show. (which, by the way, I saw and it was incredible....the 3 hour trip OUT of the city was not...) Anyways, perhaps that same man is designing Sky Concert? Just a thought.

Eric Tucker is the firework designer on Reflections of Earth and Wishes, however, he runs his own firework company, and is therefore free to work on many projects around the world. On Wishes and RoE, Eric was one part of the team, there were other (Disney and external) people responsible for other areas of the show, such as production, musical composition, engineering and implentation etc. :)

NADisney

For the Past 6 years at the begining of the Derby Fesitval in Kentucky..the Thunder Over Louisville fireworks show has played several Disney tunes from broadway,tv,movies,and some from the theme parks mixed in with Star Wars,Jaws,Classical,Rock,Country even the Terminator has claimed" That He'll Be Back" over the show speakers ,which are placed on the Ohio Riverfront in Louisville and Southern Indiana. :hammer:

CSOM

Did anyone else read the title and thought she was talking about the new Indiana Jones movie? ....

No, ok, just me. :brick:

tnemgif

I'm a drum major in my high school band and I have ALWAYS wanted to do the Illuminations soundtrack. And about the royalties, any song that is played live, by high school marching bands or what not, costs about $1000 or more for copyrights. One question too, I thought the music in RoE soundtrack was original, earlier someone said it contained music from other composers...is this true?

DisneyJill

wdwmagic said:
Eric Tucker is the firework designer on Reflections of Earth and Wishes, however, he runs his own firework company, and is therefore free to work on many projects around the world. On Wishes and RoE, Eric was one part of the team, there were other (Disney and external) people responsible for other areas of the show, such as production, musical composition, engineering and implentation etc. :)

Yes, that's him! Thanks for the info, Steve. :)

madge

NADisney said:
For the Past 6 years at the begining of the Derby Fesitval in Kentucky..the Thunder Over Louisville fireworks show has played several Disney tunes from broadway,tv,movies,and some from the theme parks mixed in with Star Wars,Jaws,Classical,Rock,Country even the Terminator has claimed" That He'll Be Back" over the show speakers ,which are placed on the Ohio Riverfront in Louisville and Southern Indiana. :hammer:

Last year's rainbow off the bridge was amazing. stunning.

we watch every year!

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
CSOM said:
Did anyone else read the title and thought she was talking about the new Indiana Jones movie? ....

No, ok, just me. :brick:

Yeah, I thought so too --- wait, no I didn't...this is my thread!

I didn't even think about Indiana Jones when I posted this - just so used to calling my hometown Indy, for Indianapolis.

SIR90210

drumbum67 said:
I'm a drum major in my high school band and I have ALWAYS wanted to do the Illuminations soundtrack. And about the royalties, any song that is played live, by high school marching bands or what not, costs about $1000 or more for copyrights. One question too, I thought the music in RoE soundtrack was original, earlier someone said it contained music from other composers...is this true?

I doubt Disney would admit this, but part of it is a pepped up version of "Ode to Joy." Beyonfd that, I think it's all original.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom