A last chance to see the Main Street Electrical Parade

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
A last chance to see the Main Street Electrical Parade
Until March 23, 2002

The Main Street Electrical Parade has illuminated Disneyland Park ever since it first opened its doors on April 12, 1992. Nearly 11 years after its first appearance, the Parade will leave the Park forever during an enchanting farewell season that lasts until March 23, 2002.

As night falls in Disneyland Park, sparkling parade floats bring even more light and magic to Main Street, U.S.A. Led by the Blue Fairy, the Main Street Electrical Parade pays tribute to many of Disney's classic animated tales with more than a million tiny lights on parade floats. A variety of favourite characters and movie moments star in the parade, which includes the diamond mine scene from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Alice's trip to Wonderland, Pinocchio's circus adventures, Pete's Dragon, Elliot and a royal procession featuring Cinderella.

The Main Street Electrical Parade made its first appearance in a Disney theme park (Disneyland, California) in 1972. Before then, Disney's parades, with their celebration of different themes and seasons, had become a firm favourite with theme park visitors, helping to plunge them into a magical world of fun and fantasy. When Disneyland in California first extended its opening hours, Bob Jani, the then Director of Entertainment, helped to develop a new night time parade concept using Christmas tree-style lights on the floats and costumes and, on June 17, 1972, the Main Street Electrical Parade was born… The parade was an immediate and lasting success, and led to its introduction and expansion at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida, where it ran for 15 seasons.

The Walt Disney World Resort Main Street Electrical Parade crossed the Atlantic Ocean just in time for the inauguration of Disneyland Park in April 1992. Soon after its first appearance, the Snow White and Pinocchio floats were added, and this colourful parade was completed in 1996 with the arrival of the Swan floats from Tokyo Disneyland.

The Main Street Electrical Parade features more than 35 floats and mobile units, utilising more than 1,000 kilometres of electrical cable. Until March 23, 2003, guests will have a final opportunity to see the parade at Disneyland Resort Paris.

Cheryl

Sorry, maybe I missed it hammer: but did you state where the Main Street Electrical Parade was going? Perhaps back to the WDW? That would be so awesome!:D :

Cheryl

Sorry about that. When you said that it was leaving DLP, I thought that maybe that meant that the Disneys were going to trade parades like I think they have done in the past. Just call me a wishful person! :hammer:

stagestar

Parade Trading - Continue the New Tradition

Hey there, Hi there, Ho there,

Cheryl you ARE right with the Parade Trading ... the MSEP will leave DLRP after the 23rd of March to go to the new Hong Kong Disneyland just as DLRP received Fantillusion from Tokyo Disney...

hey ... maybe this would be something new for guests too ... parade trading ... highly limited objects ... high sales prices for Disney ... ;-)

Yours
Dirk

CAPTAIN HOOK

Don't they rotate these parades around the parks ? In '01 MSEP was taken from WDW and replaced by Spectromagic (wasn't it ???)

Henning

Hi everybody!

It´s funny that everybody loves MSEP best. I "grew up" with Spectromagic (i.e. that it was the first night-time-parade which I ever saw). So I was thrilled to see it again in WDW this year...

O.k., long introduction to my question: What is "Fantillusion" like? What type of music?

Thanks,

-Henning

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Fantillusion is basically the Storyline for Fantasmic, but in a parade... for lack of a better term. The music is more upbeat though.

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by CAPTAIN HOOK
Don't they rotate these parades around the parks ? In '01 MSEP was taken from WDW and replaced by Spectromagic (wasn't it ???)

sorta... WDW had the original Disneyland MSEP (which is now Disney's Electrical Parade at DCA) for the millenium celebration and a little overage, but Spectro came back like it was intended to

Cheryl

I really loved the MSEP! I wish WDW would have kept it forever. Don't get me wrong, Spectromagic is great but nothing can beat MSEP for me!:) That new one you guys are talking about that is modeled off Fantasmic sounds like it would be pretty cool to see! What are everyone's opinions about it?:confused:

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by Cheryl
I really loved the MSEP! I wish WDW would have kept it forever. Don't get me wrong, Spectromagic is great but nothing can beat MSEP for me!:) That new one you guys are talking about that is modeled off Fantasmic sounds like it would be pretty cool to see! What are everyone's opinions about it?:confused:

I have tapes of it, as well as the Official Tokyo Disneyland CD... as well as other merchandise. Lets just say there's a reason it's my favorite parade.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom