A Janitor at DHS

Raychul

Original Poster
This past October, my boyfriend and I brought both our families together for the first time...and what a better place to do that than at Disney World!

A few cast members made this trip extra special! Both sets of families have been to the World over 30 times, and these few Cast Members definitely fall into the category of "best we have ever had".

A janitor at DHS I regretfully did not get his name. He had put a rubber band around the tip of his broom and would dip the tip into his little waste bucket. Then he began to draw characters with the water that on the tip of his broom. He was amazing and I adored that Disney gave their Cast Members such freedom. He is just another example of the little things at Disney that make it the best year after year.

PA030150.jpg

PA030146.jpg

PA030157.jpg

I sure hope these Cast Members see this. I just want them to see how the little things they do, the little extra mile they take really can make a wonderful vacation into a perfect vacation. Something they do, even if subconsciously, can be remembered forever.

Silver Figment

I saw pics like this of mickey drawn on the ground in a similar fashion on our trip we just got back from. I believe i saw them in MK but i may be wrong.

celluloid

We take a class if we want to do water art and it involves no extra pay. That is the exactly the reason we do it. I have been flattered to have people call me an artist, just for drawing Mickey on the ground or doing something special for them.

Freedom is another issuse though. Technically we are only supposed to draw approved characters and versions of those characters in certain styles.

That being said, I and others often take creative liberties just to put smiles on faces.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
We take a class if we want to do water art and it involves no extra pay. That is the exactly the reason we do it. I have been flattered to have people call me an artist, just for drawing Mickey on the ground or doing something special for them.

Freedom is another issuse though. Technically we are only supposed to draw approved characters and versions of those characters in certain styles.

That being said, I and others often take creative liberties just to put smiles on faces.
And this in a nut shell is what makes the Disney difference. The cast members that take pride in their work. Thank you for what you do.

Sans Souci

Nice! How long does it take to learn how to do this?

I've seen this at MK, too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom