A great way to save up money

Being a teenager, when I get money in my hands I want to spend it right away. Last year I kept saying I was going to save up money for Disney, I ended up with $35. I went to the Disney Store yesterday and I started thinking that it would be great to have a sort of Gift Card you could put money on to spend at the parks. When I checked out, there it was, a gift card that can be used in all the parks, Downtown Disney, and online!! I put the rest of the money I had on a gift card, so right now I have almost $80 saved for my next visit to Disney World! :D

So if your a money spender or have kids that are, this is a great way to save up.

SpenceMan01

Set up an online savings account and earn some interest! HSBC and Emigrant are at about 5% now. Then, once you're close to your trip, cash out your savings and put it onto a Disney Gift Card.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

We always save our pocket change. Everyday empty out your pockets and put it in a big jar...we usually end up with about $100 or so and its painless. :wave:

Upvote 0

MichelleMaBelle

Original Poster
tigsmom said:
We always save our pocket change. Everyday empty out your pockets and put it in a big jar...we usually end up with about $100 or so and its painless.

Yeah I try to do that too, but when I only get money once in a while, I dont get much pocket change. But I snag the coins I find on the floor and in the couch. hehe.

Upvote 0

pinkrose

MichelleMaBelle said:
Yeah I try to do that too, but when I only get money once in a while, I dont get much pocket change. But I snag the coins I find on the floor and in the couch. hehe.
It pays to be the one doing the laundry in the house. :lookaroun

Upvote 0

tigsmom

MichelleMaBelle said:

Bottle & can deposits. If you return them you should get to keep the moeny...I have about $15 worth of cans to return and the kids can have that.

Upvote 0

nyfrenchy

SpenceMan01 said:
Set up an online savings account and earn some interest! HSBC and Emigrant are at about 5% now. Then, once you're close to your trip, cash out your savings and put it onto a Disney Gift Card.

Buy shares of BP, Mobil, any oil corporation, it's way better than a saving accounts. Also the military complex is doing quite well too and prostetic limbs makers have a shinny future.

Upvote 0

tharmscott

We try to go to WDW every other years. As soon as we get back from one trip we starting saving for the next. I paid for all our meals and spending money on our last trip by saving change but what I did is I tried to pay cash for everything and even if I had the change for the cents part I paid whole dollars (ie $8.62 I paid $9). All the change went into our vacation jar. When it was full I would take it to the bank and exchange it for cash and then go buy disney dollars. They didn't have the great gift cards then. Also, my 11 year old is a member of Kidzeye. She takes surveys for them and gets points. For every 1000 points she gets $10. She gets 2 or 3 surveys a month.

Upvote 0

cmatt

i just erm.... starve for a month prior to going! theres too much shiney things in this world to warrent the need to save for too long...

also im boring - i only buy one or two ride/charecter photos. NEVER by tshirts as ill NEVER wear them. Sometimes the odd pen or so....

As the pound/dollar exchange rate is going WELL in my favour. I buy up most of the vans store....

Upvote 0

Boray

I've got a vacation account at my bank. I put $50/week from my paycheck and $50/month from my DH's paycheck. We then have enough for a trip once a year. I also save all of our change in a jar and take that to the bank too. I had over $100 (from just change) in just 6 months. It adds up really quickly...We'll be back this coming October!!!!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom