A good but sometimes tough question..whats your first memory?

cynic710

Original Poster
my mom was talking to me today while I was in the middle of discussing next years trip (November aoa). She said to me "whats the very first memory you have of all our trips to Disney"? Im 29 now, and have gone several times since birth, the first time I was 2. Clearly, the first few times don't really count but it still took a minute for me to consider this. So I want to pass that question on to all of you.

FYI my response was finally this: I remember the Indiana jones stunt spectacular, the jumping fountains of epcot, the pirates hairy leg of potc and the Disney store in Disney village. those memories happened when I was about 5 when confirming with my mother.

above all else, though, I remember seeing the monorail for the first time, blown away that I was actually going to ride it into what would be the happiest place on earth.

so who is going down memory lane with me??

RMichael21

Cinderella's Royal Table with my family, Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue with my family and staying at the grand floridian and getting gingerbread at their giant gingerbread house! Also, riding the monorail for the very first time!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
On my first trip to MK back in the mid-80s, I'll never forget how excited my mother and I were to see Cinderella's Castle. There's many other wonderful memories, but nothing could ever top that first glimpse . . .

Facepalm

I have memories dating back to when I was about 18 months old. Didnt make it to Disneyland until I was a teen. Guess the first memories was of the trams that took us from the parking lot to the gate.

Clowd Nyne

1989 i was three. My favorite movie at the time was Robin Hood. I remember seeing Friar Tuck and ran straight up to him and he patted me on the head. Looking back i think i 1) cut in front of a group of waiting people and 2) gave my mother a heart attack. Also i remember doing the exact same thing when i first saw T I double g er. Can anyone remember better if there were lines to meet The characters when they used to roam the streets?

stevehousse

My first memory was at Disneyland watching a parade! I must have been 3 I think? I still remember they had these awkward scarecrow guys dancing around and remember them being creepy! I have no idea what parade that was, I am 28 now so who knows what it could have been???

But I will say my favorite Disney memory of all time was when I met Michael Eisner at MGM Studios when it first opened when I was 6 or 7, don't remember which actually, but I was handpicked out of the crowd by him and other top executives who were walking the park looking for kids to be in their next Disney commercial!

I got a private tour of the studios by them and got to meet members of the MMC. Once we went to their offices I kind of chickened out and was afraid to do the commercial, so I said I didn't want to do it, I was scared!:banghead:

I want to kick myself for chickening out every time I think about it, but it's a great memory and something I will never forget!

afar28

My first memory I was 4 I think, and this is a complete random memory. I remember me and my parents taking a seat by the Cinderella fountain in MK and looking over the map. I would just put my hat in the water and then out the hat on my head as a way to cool
Off :p

copcarguyp71

Wow...what a great question! After thoroughly taxing my grey matter I think the first memory I can come up with is looking down from one of the skyway cars onto the 20,000 leagues ride and marvelling at the ride vehicles and size of the lagoon. In 1977 at age six I can tell you it made quite an impact!

Matt_Black

I remember the drive up from the airport (or hotel). It was Donald Duck's 50th birthday, and my brother and I were asking questions as to whether the other characters got birthday celebrations. We apparently rode Small World 3 times. I do remember getting scared on some of the other rides, such as Snow White and Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. My mom also claims I got scared on Peter Pan, which I don't remember, but can see how that's possible since it IS in the dark.

We did a very little bit of Epcot, but not much, though I remember the greenery and kids with Figment stuff.

taz0162

First trip - my grandma getting on the Rail Road with me and failing to remember where we got on so we ended up going around twice until I insisted that we needed to exit to join up with the rest of our family who was waiting for us. I believe the exit was near dumbo. that was around 30 years ago and she still talks about how she couldn't remember but I was able to. $%^& did I just say 30 years ago...where did the time go?

lilclerk

We went to visit family in Tampa in '89 or '90 when I was around 6, and we took day trips to WDW, and Kennedy Space. My only real memories of WDW are of Epcot, and even at that, only of Spaceship Earth. I remember meeting Minnie and/or Daisy next to it, and I remember being terrified of the ride. I thought I was going to fall out and alllllll the way down to the bottom of the globe, especially when going backwards. The only souvenir I remember from the whole trip is this EPCOT Center VHS, and I watched that little montage of the building of SSE so much I wore the tape out (the joys of VHS.) Know your fears, that's what I always say.

I really don't remember anything from the MK except the tram ride back to the car at the end of the night, haha. I sort of remember being held while watching fireworks, but not really. I was a weird kid. I also don't remember anything about Kennedy Space except that the drive felt like it took forever. I'm from Rhode Island, we don't drive that far ;)

Disney Shib

I remember my first ride on IaSW and I've been hooked every since. I've got a great picture with my Dad on the boats back in the late 80s. I'll never forget it.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Top of the World lounge in 1972 in all of its pastel polyester glory. Remember it was still in the days where interstates were not ubiquitous so actually getting there was a real chore.

got2lovedisney

In the Parks
No
I must have been about 3...I was standing in front of Cinderella Castle and noticed I couldn't see my family. My cousin Dania came back and took me by the hand and lead me away. That must have prompted my parents to buy and tie a yellow/orange mickey balloon to my wrist. I remember at the end of the day, standing at the door of my Dad's truck camper. Mom must have untied the balloon so we could bring it inside. I stood at the door and the string slipped through my fingers and I watched the balloon float away across the Magic Kingdom parking lot.

wdwmom2+1

I think it was 1984 or 1985.. i was 5 or 6.. i remember my grandma coming on this one trip with us so it was me my mom , my brother , my dad and my grandma.. I remember blips.. I remember walking across that rickety bridge with my grandma .. I remember laying down on the bench with my mom sitting with me.. I was so tired and my dad and brother went to ride thunder mountain and haunted mansion again.. :)

Weather_Lady

I was six the first time we went. I remember the Hoop-de-Doo Revue and Chip 'n Dale's Campfire Singalong, the Haunted Mansion (I had the record at home), Pirates of the Caribbean, cereal breakfasts and bologna sandwich lunches (in-park dining was not in the budget), Country Bear Jamboree, Peter Pan, it's a small world, watching the Electric Light Parade from the Fort Wilderness beach, and my sister's and my first "new" [second-hand] sleeping bags in our pop-up camper (although as the older sister I was usually given the more butch alternatives, I got the flowery one while sis got a metallic gold sleeping bag apparently designed for Liberace -- don't know why but they must have made a big impression!). That, and the smell of exhaust from the Fort Wilderness Campground trams that went to the TTC -- it was a beautiful smell!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom