A Few Trip Planning Questions

P0PC0RN

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Originally we were going this year, but due to unforeseen circumstances, we will be pushing our trip to next year. I have a few questions so we can make the most out of our trip.

Question 1-My wife is a teacher and that limits us to go when school up here in PA is out. Would it be better to go mid-late June or any part of July? When do FL schools let out for summer vacation? What month is better weather wise? What month is more crowded?

Question 2-We know that we are going to stay at a moderate Resort. I have been to two already which are Caribbean Beach and Port Orleans Riverside. I enjoyed both very much, but I did like Riverside more. There is also Port Orleans French Quarter and Coronado Springs. Which of the 4 is the best for transportation to the parks? Which has the best food court/restaurant?

Question 3-What are the best days to do each park? I know about the early openings and I will try to plan around that so we make the most out of our days, but is there a particular day of the week each park seems less crowded historically?

Question 4-How crowded is it for park openings? How early is it best to arrive before each park opens. I want to get a jump on the attractions so we can finish all 4 parks within 5 days and hit all attractions. I know Fast Pass will help a lot, and I've used it before.

Question 5-We are looking to eat breakfest and dinner only. If we are hungry in the parks, we will just get a quick snack for lunch. For dinner, we want to eat at a full service sit down restaurant in each of the 4 parks. None of us are really picky eaters and will eat almost anything. I know we are eating at Le Cellier (Canada Pavillion) at EPCOT for dinner. Where would you guys suggest to eat for the remaining 3 parks? The only other park we had thoughts about was Animal Kingdom and eating at The Rainforest Cafe, is that a good choice?

Thanks for all your input, appreciate it :)

Regards
Popcorn
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

disneyfromvermo

Questions Answered, Well at least a couple

As to the first question, why not go during a break. I am a high school teacher and we tend to go either during February or April break. Since neither my wife nor I like oppressive heat, this works out well. The Unofficial Guide and their website http://touringplans.com could answer some of your questions about which park on what day and crowding.

Question 5 is a problem. I would recommend leaving the park and perhaps going to one of the resorts for supper. Rainforest Cafe gets less than stellar reviews. Options are few in AK for anything other than fast food. There is a new dining option being built in Asia (I think). I don't know when it is due to open but that might be a better choice.

Upvote 0

P0PC0RN

Original Poster
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">We thought about going during a break, but we figured that we wouldn't have enough time to do what we want. On top of that because it's a school break, we imagine that the parks will be more crowded. We also don't wish to go around a holiday period like Xmas, Thanksgiving, or Easter. We like to be here with family for that.</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
P0PC0RN said:
... I know we are eating at Le Cellier (Canada Pavillion) at EPCOT for dinner. Where would you guys suggest to eat for the remaining 3 parks? The only other park we had thoughts about was Animal Kingdom and eating at The Rainforest Cafe, is that a good choice?

Magic Kingdom - Is difficult because they really dont have a wide variety of sit down. I have been to Tony's for sit down and Cindi's Royal Table. Honestly, did not care for the food at either. I actually enjoy a nice burger at Pecos Bills to tell you the truth.

EPCOT - Right on the money with Le Cellier. I also recomend the Japanese Steak House at Epcot.

DAK - You can go to the Rainforest anywhere and get the same food. Tusker House is counter service but it is good. Flametree is pretty much BBQ. DAK really needs another good sitdown place.

Studios - SCI FI theater rocks. 50s prime time is ok, but can be a little over the edge with the wait staff if you dont like irritating people (who are in character for the experience).

I would recomend that you try some of the offerings at Downtown Disney. Raglan Road is totally awesome. Authentic Irish Pub and Irish menu offerings.

Enjoy your trip!!!

Upvote 0

swimmom

As far as the weather goes it really doesn't matter too much between June, July & August. Here's a link for weather data. http://www.weather.gov/climate/index.php?wfo=mlb

Since my daughter is in high school, and taking her out of school for a week makes it difficult for her to make up missed work (science labs, PE, etc.) we are also in the same situation. The past two years, her Christmas break started a week before Christmas, so we went to WDW the week before Christmas and were able to still be home for Christmas with the families. We have also gone on spring break, which is always the last week in March for my daughter, so we can be home for Easter if it's not during that week.

We are planning a trip over spring break next year with the dining plan. I noticed the lack of table service restaurants in AK, so we are planning on eating dinner at Boma at the AKL. We enjoy trying different kinds of food and would also like to check out the AKL as well.

Getting into the parks before the official opening helps you get a great start to the day. We have good intentions of getting to the parks early, but usually get there after they have opened, but when we get there even a little early or just as they offically open we get on some attractions with little to no wait times.

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

1. If you go in June/July it will be hot and crowded, no way around that, but if you go during the spring break it will be super crowded all though the weather is better, so it's just a toss up.

2. If you've been to CB & PORS and really liked Riverside, I'd recommend the French Quarter because if you wanted you could always take the boat/bus over to Riverside to eat at Boatwright's. At certain times of the day the buses stop first at FQ and then go to RS, so you could probably hop any bus, but I'd check to make sure they are stopping at RS. Coronado while I like the hotel very much, I really did not like the food court at all it is run very differently than all the other hotels.

4. It is less crowded in the mornings, so if you do go at park open you'll be able to do quite a bit before lunch.

5. I would recommend buying the dining plan, unless of couse, you are an AP holder and then I'd recommend the DDE card. Sit down restaurants that I would recommend that I've been to and liked very much were:

MK -- I'd prefer to go to one of the hotels on the monorail and have dinner at Kona Kafe, Grand Floridian Cafe, Narcoisses, Concourse Steakhouse. Tony's was awful the last time I was there and now that they have a plated meal at CRT, it's not worth it.

Epcot -- Le Cellier, Chef de France, Nine Dragons and off the back gate of Epcot in the hotels are the Yachtman's Steakhouse and Flying Fish. Spoodles I haven't been to, but have heard good things about it.

MGM -- 50's Prime Time, Brown Derby and Sci Fi. Sci Fi being my last choice of the three and as far as Mama Melrose, I don't care for the food there at all, but know others do.

AK -- I'd recommend going over to Boma or Jinko in the Animal Kingdom Lodge both are excellent. The Rainforest is god awful, would never eat there again definitely not worth it even if it was free to eat at.

Upvote 0

P0PC0RN

Original Poster
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Wow, thanks for the great replies. Taking everything into consideration, I feel like we will stay at Port Orleans French Quarter.

I heard wonderful things about Boma, but at the same time, I never ate at Rainforest Cafe and we don't have any around us, so I really don't know what they are like. However, I would like to see AK Lodge, so we will probably go to Boma.

EPCOT is still Le Cellier.

MGM will probably be Si-Fi because I saw the menus for both and SI-FI appeals us more.

For the MK, I am at a loss. I think we will go to Contempory and go to the Concourse Steak House or the California Grill. I've heard pretty good things about the buffet in MK though (Crystal Palace I think) so that may be a possibility.

Finally, we will not be able to go during spring break. The school vacations here apparently are different than others. Spring break is Thursday before Easter to Easter Monday, Christmas is Day before Xmas Eve and Jan 2nd they go back. Thanksgiving is Thanksgiving day-Monday after. Not enough time to do what we want unless we go over Xmas, but we both do not wish to do that. So we will deal with the crowds and the heat.

We've always gone in May before, so this trip will be a bit different. Thanks again and if any other ideas/feelings come to mind, keep em comin.:)

Regards
POP
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

Upvote 0
I suggest you go to Barnes and Noble get your self a large vanilla latte from Starbucks (extra hot). Wander over to the travel section and pick up the Unofficial Guide to Disney World. Pick an overstuffed chair and read as much as you can. When your latte is gone purchase the book and take it home. I think I have more fun planning the trip then actually going.
Have a great time.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom