A few tomorrowland questions.

KDM31091

Original Poster
Yeah as you can tell from past posts, MK's Tomorrowland is probably my favorite part of WDW, past and present. Of course I'm 16 so "past" is fairly recent, but you know what I mean.

Anyways I just had a few questions, sort of regarding the past, but sort of not.

1) I remember reading that they might be turning the TL Skyway building into--i'm drawing a blank--but some kind of attraction. Has anything been going on lately?

Also are the buckets still up there? Haha I know people have seen them in the past. lol. I wish they were being sold :(

And when I was last there I didn't make it over there at night, but does the Skyway building in Tomorrowland still light up at night? seems like it'd be kinda creepy if it did since it's so empty. haha.

2) Are there any plans for the TTA? I like it as is -- I'm making sure no one heard that they're gonna change it into something toony...I hope not!

Sorry about the questions but I never really get to go to WDW often so I just ask these things in the meantime. I'm fascinated by the past of the parks and the present/future.

So yeah, any takers on these questions?

darthjohnny

1. No. But I think the lights and fans still go on. I think some of the buckets have been sold. Though, they might have been from Disneyland.
2. Not that I'm aware of.

the-reason14

Wow, you remind me alittle of myself when I was your age(2 years ago lol) Ive been fascinated by the parks and the history for awhile to, and TL is also my fav. land in the MK because I love space mountain.

I remember hearing rumors about the old skyway being turned into something but I cant really remember what but Im pretty sure whatever it was its not happening. I thought I heard someone say they were thinking about putting a monsters inc type ride or show there, and this was way before the sorry excuse for an attraction moved in to the old Timekeepers space, but I dont know.

TTA, I think its safe for now. The SM refurb thats coming up next year, they may close it down and add new audio to coincide with Stitch and the "comedy" club Monsters show, but thats just an assumption. Hope I gave good insight. :wave:

bates1960

Hey, I was a CM in Tomorrowland for 3 years so I might be able to help. The old skyway building still lights up at night for the most part, and the buckets are all still up there. I have been up there numerous times and they just sit there collecting dust. As for TTA, they can't close it in the way of a "refurb" because otherwise they would have to make it ADA compliant, meaning wheelchair access. In order to do that, the ramp would need to be extended out to around the entrance to COP, so doubt that's happening any time soon.

maelstrom

As far as I know, the Skyway buckets are still in the Tomorrowland Skyway station. There's a door on the left-hand side of the loading platform that is sometimes left open. If you're on the TTA when that door is open, you can see the buckets inside.

KDM31091

Original Poster
You know I thought of a question. When the Skyway closed did they announce it was coming, or was it just open one day and gone the next?

suedenim

Just got back from my first trip to Tomorrowland since my own kid days. I miss the Skyway, that was a really fun part of my early trips - it's cool to see the park from up high, particularly when you're little and mostly looking up at everything....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom