A few questions..

21stamps

Can anyone tell me what time the Chip n Dale Campfire starts?
If we take the boat from Wilderness Lodge to Ft Wilderness do we then take a bus to get to the location?

Fantasia Gardens- is it decorated for Christmas at all? What is the easiest way to get there from GF?

MVMCP- I had been planning on a Tuesday night, now debating on the weekend. Should I stick with Tuesday?

Last but not least, would you give up Animal Kingdom for Universal? My biggest hesitation with this is the money, I don't know if I can justify $450 for 1 day admission to a theme park for two.

Thanks in advance for any answers or input!!

Schneewittchen

I can address the first set of questions.

The campfire thing starts at 7:30 usually, singalong at 8, movie at 8:40 ish. It varies by season. But check this for your specific date: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/chip-n-dale-campfire-sing-a-long/ Yes, the boat will take you to the Settlement Depot, and then you'll catch a bus to the Meadow Trading Post. If you took a bus from Wilderness Lodge to Ft. Wilderness, you would still have to catch a second bus from the Outpost to Meadow Trading Post. So taking a boat ride is more scenic at least.

Upvote 0

21stamps

Original Poster
I can address the first set of questions.

The campfire thing starts at 7:30 usually, singalong at 8, movie at 8:40 ish. It varies by season. But check this for your specific date: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/chip-n-dale-campfire-sing-a-long/ Yes, the boat will take you to the Settlement Depot, and then you'll catch a bus to the Meadow Trading Post. If you took a bus from Wilderness Lodge to Ft. Wilderness, you would still have to catch a second bus from the Outpost to Meadow Trading Post. So taking a boat ride is more scenic at least.
Thank you! Do you know if a photo pass photographer is at the campfire?
We wouldn't be staying for the movie. I was hoping to rent bikes before the campfire, but I don't think the times will work out. Think I read that the bikes close at 5.

I have never been to Ft Wilderness and have no idea how to navigate between the stables, bikes, campfire etc. Is it possible to rent a golf cart for a few hours, if you aren't staying there?

Upvote 0

Schneewittchen

Thank you! Do you know if a photo pass photographer is at the campfire?
We wouldn't be staying for the movie. I was hoping to rent bikes before the campfire, but I don't think the times will work out. Think I read that the bikes close at 5.

I have never been to Ft Wilderness and have no idea how to navigate between the stables, bikes, campfire etc. Is it possible to rent a golf cart for a few hours, if you aren't staying there?

I don't think there is a photo pass photographer there.

Buses are going to be your best bet if you aren't staying there. Or you can walk, there are trails and it's not that far. I usually stay at Ft. Wilderness in my motorhome and we bring our own bicycles (best way to get around the resort). Golf cart rentals are available, but it would be at the reception area at the Outpost, you should have reservations, and it's $59/day.

Here's a map of the resort: http://allears.net/acc/ResortMaps/fort-wilderness-map.pdf
You can see the bus routes.

Upvote 0

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I don't know if Fantasia Gardens is decorated at all for Christmas, it is a nice little mini-golf course. The best way to get there from the GF using Disney transport would be to take the monorail to the Magic Kingdom and then get a bus to the Swan and Dolphin. I think the Swan might be closer to the course, so walk over from there it is not a far walk at all if I remember right it is right across the street and has a sidewalk to walk to it. You could also take a taxi or an Uber but then you have to pay.

If you want mini-golf with a Christmas theme go to Winter-Summerland it is Christmas themed year round. I like these courses better than Fantasia because of the theme. Although I was able to get two holes in one at Fantasia and beat my husband in the round. That made Fantasia my favorite for awhile.;)

Upvote 0

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Oh and just a side note, if you have already have tickets that would include your time at AK I wouldn't put out more money to get to Universal. But that is just me, if you are really a fan of Harry Potter or some of those films maybe it would be worth it for you. Maybe just budget Universal into the next trip.

Upvote 0

21stamps

Original Poster
I don't think there is a photo pass photographer there.

Buses are going to be your best bet if you aren't staying there. Or you can walk, there are trails and it's not that far. I usually stay at Ft. Wilderness in my motorhome and we bring our own bicycles (best way to get around the resort). Golf cart rentals are available, but it would be at the reception area at the Outpost, you should have reservations, and it's $59/day.

Here's a map of the resort: http://allears.net/acc/ResortMaps/fort-wilderness-map.pdf
You can see the bus routes.
Thank you for this!
I was thinking the golf cart would be around $30, don't think I'm willing to pay $60 for a couple of hours.
Internal busses will get you where you need to go. And, personally I would give up a day at Hollywood Studios for Universal.
That's not even close to a possibility. My kiddo is a HUGE Star Wars fan. I was disappointed that Early Morning Magic is only offered on Saturdays, it's a full day park for us!
I don't know if Fantasia Gardens is decorated at all for Christmas, it is a nice little mini-golf course. The best way to get there from the GF using Disney transport would be to take the monorail to the Magic Kingdom and then get a bus to the Swan and Dolphin. I think the Swan might be closer to the course, so walk over from there it is not a far walk at all if I remember right it is right across the street and has a sidewalk to walk to it. You could also take a taxi or an Uber but then you have to pay.

If you want mini-golf with a Christmas theme go to Winter-Summerland it is Christmas themed year round. I like these courses better than Fantasia because of the theme. Although I was able to get two holes in one at Fantasia and beat my husband in the round. That made Fantasia my favorite for awhile.;)

We did both courses at Mickey's Winter Summerland last September and really enjoyed it!
Thanks!
I was surprised that after seeing photos my son wants to do Fantasia Gardens this time instead. I think it's the sand traps that appealed to him.lol.
Oh and just a side note, if you have already have tickets that would include your time at AK I wouldn't put out more money to get to Universal. But that is just me, if you are really a fan of Harry Potter or some of those films maybe it would be worth it for you. Maybe just budget Universal into the next trip.
My main concern is the crowds and how much we would actually get done. The wand would be a must, and it's the first day of Universal's Christmas events (we would do the Grinchmas breakfast as well).. But when I actually price out everything I don't know if it's really "worth it" to be in big crowds.. or if I should just try to fit a 3 night short universal only trip in later.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom