A Few Questions

azdrummer87

Original Poster
Hello this is my first post here. I will be on my way to Disney World On may 29th. I love disneyland and am hoping ill love disneyworld. I got a few questions for you guys here.
The First one is....
I have seen articles about Space Ship Earth getting closed down and getting turned into a rollercoaster. Does anyone know when that would start? I have never been one to like rollercoaster, i love the kinds of rides disney has at their parks. I love just a gentle ride with lots of things to look at, and i would be glad if space ship earth was still open.

Also, is Mission: Space as bad as it sounds? Im kindve scared of it. Just hearing all this stuff (Im even scared to get on the plane to fly to florida but thats a diffrent story)Makes me not want to ride it. But i would love to ride it. It sounds fun.

Well ill be making a trip to Epcot and maybe possibly some of the other parks very soon. Whats some of the stuff i diiffently should do at Epcot? This is going to be a fun trip. Everything we are going to do on this trip sounds fun except for the airplane ride.

One last question, does the magic kingdom have a matterhorn? My last trip to disney land, almost two years ago, the matterhorn was closed and i wanted to ride it real bad.

d'Isigny

I hope that you are staying for at least a week since there are four parks to visit.

At Epcot....definately Test Track. There are mostly visual rides at Epcot like the World of Energy, Spaceship Earth...don't miss "Honey, I Shrunk the Audience.

There is MGM Studios

And there is Anial Kingdom

No Matterhorn, but Disney World is much better...

Dr.Seeker

Spaceship Earth has no plans to change for the foreseeable future because it's such a great and popular ride!

Mission:Space is a great ride. Usually it is only people who disregard the advice and look around that get ill.
(If you remain facing forward with your head against the rest it'll be an exciting ride with cool sensations of being weightless and then really heavy!)

Like d'Isigny said there's Test Track, Innoventions which is a great display of future technologies. Ellen's energy adventure which always cracks me up!

Also there is the world showcase where you can travel from canada to the UK in four steps! (I love El Rio El Tiempo btw)

Magic Kingdom doesn't have a matterhorn unfortunately, the closest experience is probably space mountain. You'll have to wait til 2007 for Expedition Everest to give you your Bigfoot fix.

Hope this helps!

barnum42

Space Ship Earth is staying as it is. There was a whole rumour / misunderstanding about something called “Time Racers”, if you do a search of these boards you should find more detailed discussions on this topic. The only thing that is being changed is the after show section. So the gentle ride is still there.

Mission Space is not as bad as it sounds. As long as you do not easily get motion sick or are very claustrophobic it’s a must try. The people who feel ill on it generally are the sort who get motion sick, have eaten a large meal before boarding or ignore the instruction – keep your head back, eyes forward and keep your eyes open.

Have a great time and don’t forget to pay a visit to The Studios and Animal Kingdom.

Nansafan

If you love Disneyland, you'll have to love WDW. WDW is like DL on steroids, bigger, grander, etc. Four parks to explore, 2 water parks scads of resorts etc.

N. Michigan Mom

Mission Space!

I have trouble with motion rides and roller coasters of any kind. I did have a little trouble with MS. My first mistake was to take my eyes off the screen to touch base with my 7 year old. THAT WAS MY MISTAKE! Do NOT take your eyes off the screen. From then on I concentrated on ME! I made it through. Sat down in the post ride attraction with mickey ice cream to calm my stomach and took a couple motrin and was back to normal in a half hour! I'm glad I did it. I hope I can bring myself to do it again next trip.

This trip was my first time doing Rock/roll coaster too. My second time doing space mountain. First time was about 15 years ago. It took me that 3 more trips before I'd try it again. Now I'm okay with it I can still be a little queezy from many of the rides, but a beverage or ice cream seems to take care of me in a short while. Try not to miss these rides. You'll be pleased with yourself for doing them.

symbasys

Originally posted by barnum42
Mission Space is not as bad as it sounds. As long as you do not easily get motion sick or are very claustrophobic it’s a must try. The people who feel ill on it generally are the sort who get motion sick, have eaten a large meal before boarding or ignore the instruction – keep your head back, eyes forward and keep your eyes open.
My personal experience with M:S was a feeling of dizziness/disorientation that lasted for several hours afterward. I followed the instructions to the letter, and have never had a problem with motion sickness on other rides (except for one time at IOA after riding Fire & Ice back-to-back... was a little dizzy after that one, but it soon passed.) Even so, it's a really cool ride and definitely worth trying at least once.

My advice is to get a FastPass early in the day, and another one for Test Track as soon as possible thereafter. The FastPasses run out pretty early, and they can save tons of time waiting in lines.

figmentfan

It is great seeing you come to Disney World.

You will love Spaceship Earth. A 15 minute ride through the history of communication. Great ride, one of my favorites.

If you do good on the Tea Cups, spinning the cup the fastest you can, then you can do Mission: Space. Think of Mission: Space as Dumbo, but 5 times faster and more G's.

Epcot is my favorite park. Must sees: World of Energy, Test Track, Wonders of Life (if it is open), Living Seas, The Land, Journey into Imagination with Figment (my FAVORITE ride of all), and then the countries: Mexico with a boat ride, Norway with a boat ride, China with a movie, Germany, Italy, America with a show, Japan, Morrocco, France with a movie, United Kingdom, and Canada with a movie.

If you can, stay for the fireworks at the end of the day, Illuminations: Reflections of Earth is the best fireworks show in WDW.

If you have time visit the other 3 theme parks. Becareful, Disney is much larger than you think.

Have FUN!!!!!!!!

Raven66

We can't wait to try M:S. And this trip will be my first for RnR coaster (hubby tried it last trip). I'm not a fan of coasters, but I will try anything once.

N. Michigan Mom...........Welcome:sohappy: I see you are from Traverse City. We just moved here to Missouri from the Petoskey area. Do you still have snow your way?? I sure don't miss the snow that's for sure.

azdummer87.......Welcome:wave: Have fun on your trip!!

8 days to go!!!!:sohappy:

awallaceunc

Yeah, Spaceship Earth isn't going anywhere. I've read rumors that Mission: Space might receive a roller coaster addition, though I'm not sure how it worked. I can't remember where I read that now... mouseplanet.com, maybe? I don't want to credit them with any rumors that didn't come from them, so I'm not absolutely sure.

-Aaron

Laura

Premium Member
I am someone who gets VERY sick on rides that spin, but I felt fine after riding Mission: Space. I actually had no idea that I was spinning!

N. Michigan Mom

Raven66

Let's see now...I think we saw the flakes coming down a week ago maybe. They didn't stick tho. Now yesterday it was 80, but 40 something degrees two days earlier. Don't you just miss Michigan? :rolleyes: :lol:

BG Rugger

Welcome to the boards:sohappy: If you love Disneyland, you will love WDW. If you like the Matterhorn you should try two of my favorite rides: Space Mountian located in Tomorrowland and Splash Mountian in Frontier Land , both of the Magic Kingdom.

azdrummer87

Original Poster
Ya im pretty much excited about this trip. I most likely wont ride Mission space, and im gonna keep kicking myself for not riding it. We might visit some of the other parks, but we got some other things, like watching a sattilite launch. I want to go to Magic Kingdom cause its alot like disney land, and we possibly will go there. Is the Space Moutain And Spalsh Moutain there the same as disneylands? I love those rides. we might get Park Hopper Passes One day and spend just a few hours in the other three parks. But we are going to spend a full day in epcot, cause my grandpa wants to go there. Now if i can get over my fear of the plane ill be excited.

Raven66

Re: Raven66

Originally posted by N. Michigan Mom
Let's see now...I think we saw the flakes coming down a week ago maybe. They didn't stick tho. Now yesterday it was 80, but 40 something degrees two days earlier. Don't you just miss Michigan? :rolleyes: :lol:

The only time I missed the snow was at Christmas. I wanted it to snow that day and then melt. But we had NO snow what so ever. It's been in the 80's for the last 2 weeks or so.:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom