A few questions!!

Welsh Chick

Hey
I'm pretty new to WDW so I was just wondering if you lot could help me with a few questions!!
What's Cinderellas surprise celebration was and often does it happen?
I'm going to the world from 24/11 till 8/12 and was wondering what the weather will be like??
Where do you reckon is better: crystal palace or liberty tree tavern?? And do the characters come to both lunch and dinner and do you need PS for them??
Oh and do the parks do anything special for thanksgiving> If so, will this effect the crowds?? I'm think i'll be there for TG (do excuse me-i'm British!!)
Anyway, thanks alot for your help!!;) :xmas:

jmewin

Hello! Welcome to these boards Welsh Chick. The only thing I can answer is about the weather. It might be cooler in the morning and evening than during the daytime. I would bring layers of clothes so that you can dress accordingly. Very little rain that time of year. Enjoy your trip. Joanie :wave:

Upvote 0

OZZY

Welcome aboard!!!!

Cinderella's Suprise Celebration is a character show, shown right in front of the castle and it's shown Daily at 9:40am, 10:40am, 11:40am, 4:35pm, 5:35pm, and 6:35pm. Remember these are the current show times and they may change by the time you arrive in November

Here's a list of the different character dining options for the magic Kingdom.

The Crystal Palace – A Buffet With Character –
no smoking.
All-day character dining at featuring Winnie the Pooh and friends. Breakfast from 8:00am to 10:30am,
$16.99 (12+) and $8.99 (3-11);
lunch from 11:30am to 2:45pm, $17.99 (12+) and $9.99 (3-11) dinner from 4pm and varies with park closing
$21.99 (12+) and $9.99 (3-11).
Call 407-WDW-DINE up to 60 days in advance (same-day priority seating available).

Liberty Tree Tavern “Liberate Your Appetite” Character Dinner - no smoking
Daily beginning at 4pm at the Liberty Tree Tavern,
featuring Minnie Mouse, Pluto, Chip ‘n’ Dale, and Meeko.
$21.99 (12+) and $9.99 (3-11).
Call 407-WDW-DINE up to 60 days in advance

“Once Upon a Time” Character Breakfast - no smoking
Daily from 8am to 10:30am at Cinderella’s Royal Table,
featuring Cinderella and friends.
$19.99 (12+) and $9.99 (3-11).
Priority seating are required.
Call 407-WDW-DINE up to 60 days in advance.

The parks don't do too much to celebrate thanksgiving but the crowds get really big thanksgiving weekend.. Hope this helped and enjoy your trip

Cheers

Upvote 0

Grumpy56

Welcome to the Boards:wave:

As to which is better, Liberty Tree or Crystal Palace, it's just a question of which style you like better and what time of day you want to eat since Liberty Tree is dinner only with characters. Liberty Tree is in the style of a colonial tavern and serves homestyle which means it is all you can eat but they bring it to your table. The Crystal Palace style is based on the Crystal Palace in London which I believe was dismantled in WWII. It's style is like a Victorian Conservatory.

PS are not neccesarily needed at that time of year but are nice to have you can always cancel. Thanksgiving will be hard to get now though as the 60 day window is passed. But you could probably get them for the 1st week of December. You are going at a great time, it will not be crowded except for Thanksgiving weekend and you get to see WDW all done up for Christmas. It's fun to go resort hopping and see all the different decorations. Have fun!

Upvote 0

HebeJebe

The Crystal Palace is where my family has Thanksgiving Dinner. There is a full Thanksgiving style spread complete with turkey, cranberries and pumpkin pie! Plus Pooh, Tigger, Piglet & Eeyore come to visit.

Upvote 0

wdwhoneymooner

Although I've yet to eat @ Liberty Tree Tavern, I do have some experience @ Crystal Palace. If you love Pooh and his friends, then you may fit it quite nicely dining with all the other folks. Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore and Piglet come to your table at least once during your visit, but mind you depending on how busy it is and how often you leave your chair, you may miss a visit or two from the characters.

As far as temperature during your stay: averages are about 50F. for lows and about 72F for highs.

Hope this helps! :D

Upvote 0

SamatBCV

Hi Welsh Chick,

1 - Cinderella's Surprise Celebration. As mentioned before it is daily. However, it was not showing at all during most of September. I believe they were working on the stage, but I would think it will be on again by the time you go.

2 - Weather. It'll be great. We were there late December last year and the high was in the low 80s. So you should be able to keep warm in the sun. As mentioned before though, it does get cool at night.

3 - Dining. People have already mentioned about the character dining, but just to add a couple of points. Liberty Tree has awesome pot roast. During lunch LT is a standard sit down restaurant with good food and service. Also, while you didn't mention it, don't forget about Tony's Town Square at the entrance to Main Street USA. Great food, decent prices and great service.

Upvote 0

Bagheera

One quick note:

Everyone in this thread has been referring to the old 60-day reservation window. All restaurants in the Magic Kingdom are under the new 90-day reservation window rule. This means that all restaurants are taking reservations through the end of the year now. I believe that all major restaurants are booked solid on Thanksgiving day, or at least most. (Or so I was informed via another site.)

I wish you luck in securing your Priority Seatings.

Upvote 0

Grumpy56

Originally posted by Bagheera
One quick note:

Everyone in this thread has been referring to the old 60-day reservation window. All restaurants in the Magic Kingdom are under the new 90-day reservation window rule. This means that all restaurants are taking reservations through the end of the year now. I believe that all major restaurants are booked solid on Thanksgiving day, or at least most. (Or so I was informed via another site.)

I wish you luck in securing your Priority Seatings.

Thanks for the correction. I knew I was living in the past:animwink:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom