A few questions (help would be GREATLY appreciated)

ThePhantom

Well I wasn't planning on hitting Orlando again till after I turned 21, so that I could get a rental car and use it to get around the city. My friend just scored two free plane tickets but they haveto be used before June. I'm not 21 till Decemer, so obviously a rental car isnt going to work! :( So heres my main question-

We're going to stay on property at Pop Century for our 8 day visit, but we need to find a way to get to Universal, Sea World and even Busch Gardens Tampa. I'm pretty sure they have shuttles to Universal and Sea World from Downtown Disney, and I know about the shuttle that goes from Sea World to Bush Gardens. I really just need specifics-

When do the shuttles between DtD and Universal/Sea World run? We'd probably want to stay from open to close at all of the parks, but it's not a total necesity if it's not possible. We'll probably be making use of them during the week in the last week of May.

Are there any costs associated with the shuttles?

And here's the biggie- we're going to haveto take a shuttle from Downtown Disney to Sea World, and then the Sea World to Busch Shuttle. Is that possible?

Again, a schedule would be VERY helpful. :) And BTW... I know about Mears, but I've heard quite a few horror stories about them being late, and I'm just not the kind of person that can deal with that, so I'll pass on Mears.

JPVonDrake

ThePhantom said:
Well I wasn't planning on hitting Orlando again till after I turned 21, so that I could get a rental car and use it to get around the city. My friend just scored two free plane tickets but they haveto be used before June. I'm not 21 till Decemer, so obviously a rental car isnt going to work! :( So heres my main question-

We're going to stay on property at Pop Century for our 8 day visit, but we need to find a way to get to Universal, Sea World and even Busch Gardens Tampa. I'm pretty sure they have shuttles to Universal and Sea World from Downtown Disney, and I know about the shuttle that goes from Sea World to Bush Gardens. I really just need specifics-

When do the shuttles between DtD and Universal/Sea World run? We'd probably want to stay from open to close at all of the parks, but it's not a total necesity if it's not possible. We'll probably be making use of them during the week in the last week of May.

Are there any costs associated with the shuttles?

And here's the biggie- we're going to haveto take a shuttle from Downtown Disney to Sea World, and then the Sea World to Busch Shuttle. Is that possible?

Again, a schedule would be VERY helpful. :) And BTW... I know about Mears, but I've heard quite a few horror stories about them being late, and I'm just not the kind of person that can deal with that, so I'll pass on Mears.

The shuttle service is provided by Mears and can be scheduled by calling 407-423-5566. You can also call a private taxi if you don't want Mears. Like Gail said, this service is not provided by Disney in any way and you will need to pay for this service.

Upvote 0

Laura

Premium Member
Yes I think the age is 25 also. Thank goodness my husband is finally 25!

All I can think of is for you to hire taxi's. Then you won't have to wait and you'll get straight to where you want to go. But it will cost you a lot of money!

Upvote 0

jesserin

Dreamflight4Eva said:
I thought you had to be 25 to rent a car yourself, as in, without someone who is over 25??
No, actually there's only one company (Alamo I think) that doesn't rent to people under 25 - all the rest do - but you have to pay a surcharge if you are 21-24 - it's usually around $25 a day extra so it's not cheap. However it is certainly possible...

As for the question that was asked - Lynx offers bus routes that are fairly cheap (a few dollars - not more than $10) to Universal and Sea World - however I imagine the one to Tampa is most likely a bit higher as it's almost a 45 min drive. Use the link Gail gave to help figure out the schedule! Have fun on your trip!

Upvote 0

Chape19714

SeaWorld does offer a bus to Busch Gardens in Tampa, but I would call them to find out when it is running. It normally leaves EARLY in the morning like..7-8 ish. The Bus returns late, sometime probally after busch gardens closes. There is a cost associated with this. As far as getting to seaworld/universal, i would either consult mears or lynx. Lynx runs from the TTC, outside the Magic Kingdom, as well as somewhere around DTD, although I'm not sure exactly sure where. So go to www.seaworld.com and click orlando, and see if you can find any info on a bus to busch gardens. ENJOY YOUR TRIP!

Upvote 0

Cosmo

there are one or two rental car companies that rent to under 25. Some even do under 21, however, they are not the big name ones (like hertz, enterprise, etc). You might not get a classy, classy car, and you'll end up paying a pretty good "deposit"/fee but you might be able to find something in the orlando area to cater to you. Do a search of the orlando area phone book or google orlando area rental cars...stuff like that and see what you come up with. One thing about florida in general (and orlando in specific) if you've got enough $$$ you can get just about anything (including a rental car for a 20-year-old). Have a fun time! :wave:

Upvote 0

disneyplanet

I find the chauffer services like tiffany town car are better. They can cost less if you find many of the Internet coupons. Less of and hassle, no parking problems. A week of chauffer service can run about $200. They pick up at the airport drive you to Disney and 2 or 3 side trips. Like Universal they can take you early to the Hard Rock for breakfast and you can use the boat launch not the main gate. Also they pick you up at Disney a take you back to the airport.

Upvote 0

Invero

Mears Transportation provides shuttle service directly from Pop Century to SeaWorld, Universal, and Kennedy Space Center. Simply give Mears a call the night before to schedule your pickup time. (return times are flexible) Dial 0 from your room, and have the operator connect you. Or, from a cell phone, 407-423-5566.
www.MearsTransportation.com

For Busch Gardens, here's the schedule for the shuttle, which is run by Atlas Motor Coaches:
http://www.atlasmc.com/bgse/info.asp

For a cheaper alternative, you can take Lynx (Orlando's public transit system). You'll have to take a bus to MK or Epcot, the monorail to the TTC, then the Link 50 to SeaWorld. For Universal, you'll need to transfer one or two times more. Cost is $1.50 per person, each way. Exact change is required, and transfers are free. www.GoLynx.com for more information.

Upvote 0
Cosmo said:
there are one or two rental car companies that rent to under 25. Some even do under 21, however, they are not the big name ones (like hertz, enterprise, etc). You might not get a classy, classy car, and you'll end up paying a pretty good "deposit"/fee but you might be able to find something in the orlando area to cater to you. Do a search of the orlando area phone book or google orlando area rental cars...stuff like that and see what you come up with. One thing about florida in general (and orlando in specific) if you've got enough $$$ you can get just about anything (including a rental car for a 20-year-old). Have a fun time! :wave:

I know Dollar, Budget, National, and enterprise will all rent in the 21 to 24 age group with a surcharge.

Hertz, and Alamo are the only ones i know who require the renters to be 25.

Personally I use dollar when I need a car down here I have never been in the office for more then 5 mins to get the car, and have never had to wait in a line. Likewise When I go back up north I ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT use dollar, after the cars I have seen from them and the service I will never use them again up north.

I have seen and heard about many problems with enterprise here in the central FL area and have never used them down here, however when I go up north I use them everytime now, they have excellent service up north (when you call them from the airport they event start your rental car to get it warmed up) .

As for getting to Seaworld I would use Mears or find out how much a taxi would be. From Pop century to sea world it might be cheaper by cab then by the shuttle service if you are traveling with a few people. (pop to sea world is a realtively short drive 10 mins max)

Upvote 0

ThePhantom

Original Poster
Alrighty then, the Lynx stuff looks like a great idea. One more question- how early do the shuttle run from Pop Century to the TTC?

Upvote 0

Invero

ThePhantom said:
Alrighty then, the Lynx stuff looks like a great idea. One more question- how early do the shuttle run from Pop Century to the TTC?
If I remember correctly, the Link 50 leaves at :18 and :48 past the hour. You will want to catch the bus no later than 8:18 in order to get to SeaWorld on time for the Atlas shuttle. Be out at the bus stop no later than 7:30, and board the MK bus. Let the driver know you need to get to the TTC for the Lynx bus.

Upvote 0

KevinPage

If you plan on going to Busch Gardens, EXPECT to have alot of traffic delays, since I-4 has construction going all the way there and its worse on the way back.

After enduring driving to Tampa 2 weeks ago, middle of the day on Saturday, I've sworn off Busch Gardens until the construction is completed (probably in 2099 :rolleyes: )

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom