A Few of Your Favorite Things

SnowWhite5669

First full day, we head to MK, where my husband gets his hair cut and colored with gel and pixi dust, then we go over to the Haunted Mansion, then for a hot dog at Casey's!!! Of course a few stops at the shops on Main Street and the Bakery!!

"I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street USA...." :sohappy:

Upvote 0

MKingdom25

I agree with all the others that MK is the best park to go on a first day. I agree going to Main Street USA is a great idea but also a brief walkthrough the areas is great too! It gives you a wide variety of Disney to soak in.

If you get there late evening (i.e. 9-10 pm or so) like I did last year, I usually just walk around the resort, maybe check out the gift shop, and watch a little Disney.

But I agree with all others here, if there are few hours left in the day go to the parks!

Upvote 0

dliddi

I don't have a first day thing, it just depends on the time of arrival, to what day. What ever comes upon me at that moment, like last time, we went to mgm first, next time it mite be MK who knows, who cares, the best part is that your there, anywhere!!:lol: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Mr. Toad

Our first FULL day we always go to MK as that will always be WDW for me and my wife.

However, the day we we check in and as soon as we get in the room I always do the same thing - turn on the TV to the WDW info channel. I don't know why but I love watching it.

Upvote 0

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Originally posted by cymbaldiva We check into our resort and then take the first bus to wherever it's going!

OOH, I just LOVE this one!! Even though I am a planner by nature, this appeals to my spontaneous side.

Before we joined DVC, I used to insist on taking the 6 am flight out of NYC (just DH and me--no children). We could check in to our room, unpack, and be in the park by lunchtime. With DVC, we have never been able to get in to our room before the 4:30 check in time, and I discovered through experience that if we don't get to decompress by taking the time to check in and unpack, we get cranky --and that is not how you want to start your WDW holiday.

So, in exactly 11 days (just 289 hours!) we will get the noon flight, check in to our room at Beach Club Villas, then stroll in to Epcot via the International Gateway, maybe stop into the International Traveler right inside the gate (one of my favorite shops), enjoy dinner in small servings from several of the booths at the Food & Wine Festival, catch a performance in the America Gardens Theatre, see Tapestry of Dreams for the first time, then enjoy my favorite spectacle in all of the World!!

(I'm sure many of you just imagined every moment of this along with me)

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Well this time just to be diffrent and cause weve no ankle bighters in tow we are heading to MGM on our 1st full day to see 100 years stuff and on day2 its AK to sample the new things.
On the day we arrive its DTD to cash in my pass vouchers andPig Out in Wolfgangs butty shope.:)

Upvote 0

westie

I get a real kick when the front desk hands me my room key/credit card. Its so cool! It even works on the cruise liners. So when I get over that I stumble outside and take the first boat to wherever its going...aahhh!

Upvote 0

MKingdom25

Originally posted by disneyprep50321
Head to the nearest gift shop, and max out my parent's credit card...then wear out the magnetic strip on the back of our room key!

In that case, you better have an awesome time at WDW since it might be rough when your Mom & Dad get the bill! :lol: :lol:

Upvote 0

cymbaldiva

Hey Tiggerish...

I am a total non-planner by nature, so that's why we take the 1st bus that comes along! :lol:

Of course, your 1st day plan does sound absolutely heavenly....:)

Upvote 0

Cheryl

First thing huh? Well, we head to the hotel to find out if perhaps our room is ready early (usually is at OKW) and then we head to MK. We have an on-going tradition...we let our 4 year old son pick what he wants to ride first...each time it's been the same:
1. Buzz Lightyear
2. Dumbo
3. Pooh
4. It's a Small World
5. Peter Pan

The first day we do what he wants and then go back to the room and get ready for dinner with the characters at Chef Mickeys.

Oh, speaking of which, I need to make my PS still! Yikes!

Upvote 0

O2Binspired

For our first day we will be arriving at the Polynesian at dinner time--we'll check in, feel so happy, walk around and go check out what looks like it will be one of the coolest pool areas ever, grab a quick bite in the lounge and head off to the cirque de soliel show. Our kids are bigger now, so a late nights and early mornings don't matter.
We will not do the MK first full day in fact, we may not do it at all, we're going at Xmas and there is so much for us to fit in a few short days, plus the MK will be perhaps the most crowded of all
(--I know that sounds like blasphemy according to this thread, but we've done it before and feel we don't need cinderella and buzz this time--but we'll go back again to revisit them one day in the future) If you have very little ones though, you must do the MK and find Mickey and wait in the DUMB-o line for an eternity or risk having a terrible start to your vaca as they wail about that one if you try to walk past it...sorry...memories...

Upvote 0

leeocean

I always stay within the park so I just drop my bags off at my room and off I go! I usually end up at the Magic Kingdom first. I love the smell of the Main Street Confectionary. The scent is incredibly nostalgic. Grab some cotton candy for a sugar rush and off to Space Mountain!

Upvote 0

SewIn2Disney

We always hop on the monorail and just ride around the property soaking up all the new sights. After we get tired of the "Please Stand Clear Of The Door..." speach we get off and do some resort hopping. Then it's off to bed so we can get an early start to the next day.

Upvote 0

mickey04

A few of my favorite things? Hmm...

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. But seriously...

Waking up the morning I'm leaving and not being able to believe that I'm going to WDW that day
The drive from the airport to WDW
Checking in and then checking out the hotel
My first walk down Main Street, USA
My first choclate chip cookie from the Main Street Bakery
Watching the WDW Resort TV- and saying "I'm really here!"

Upvote 0

Cheryl

Just had to share and find out if anyone else does this....

Run to the room with key in hand while hubby is trying to get the bags out of the car! Then once I push the door open (and of course let it close and leave hubby in the lurch) rush to the tv and put on the Disney (Zippedo da Zippedy Day!) That's just the coolest thing on tv at the resort! Gotta love those tips!:lol:

Upvote 0

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by Cheryl
Just had to share and find out if anyone else does this....

Run to the room with key in hand while hubby is trying to get the bags out of the car! Then once I push the door open (and of course let it close and leave hubby in the lurch) rush to the tv and put on the Disney (Zippedo da Zippedy Day!) That's just the coolest thing on tv at the resort! Gotta love those tips!:lol:

:lol:

I hadn't even thought of it, but yeah....I do that every single time!!!

I miss Resort TV.....

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom