A few observations from my trip I just took.

musketeer

Original Poster
We just made a visit and haven't been there in a couple of years. I made several observations that I thought I might share on here.

1) I can't believe how much people complain about stupid things. So you've been waiting 5 minutes for a bus or a boat...aren't you supposed to be in the happiest place on earth? (Ironic because I complain a bit on here, but I meant complaining in person)

2) Always loved the Rock 'n Rollercoaster. But going through it this time got me worried that in a few years, it's going to be the "Oh My God Hannah Montana Super Awsome Rockin Rollercoaster." Does anyone else think this?

3) What they did to the Mexico boat ride was kind of dumb.

4) What good is an HD TV (in the Wilderness Lodge) with no HD programming?

5) It was my first time staying in a Deluxe resort, I've been in a moderate and a value, and I think a deluxe resort is well worth the extra money.

6) The acting in the Indiana Jones Stunt Show was really REALLY bad.

7) They should post that the Finding Nemo ride is just a kids ride and that anyone over the age of 7 or 8 shouldn't waste time with it. Cute idea, but only for really little kids.

8) The Imagination ride....I go on it each time and each time come off of it thinking how dumb it is. I went to YouTube to watch the original version, and it really was much better.

9) Neither my wife or I ever remember our parents doing this when we were little. Since when do little kids require a detailed explanation of each and every ride before they go on it. It seemed like every time we were in line for anything, there was a parent telling their kid exactly everything about the ride.

10) I've probably been on the Dinosaur ride 8-10 times since it opened...and I still CAN NOT, no matter how hard I try, keep my head up and my eyes open during the very last scene. I'm 29 years old, I can ride the worlds tallest roller coasters, the craziest of thrill rides, all that...but I just am completely unable to not duck when that friggen Dinosaur comes RIGHT at you. I am completely aware that it is a robot, I've been on it several times and obviously nothing bad has ever happened...and every time I go, I tell myself I'm going to make it this time with my eyes open and my head up, but I just can't do it. I guess that goes to how good of a job they did to make it real.

11) They really should consider having a roving backup type person for the counter service restaurants to help when people have trouble ordering, especially during peak meal times. We were at I guess the Yak and Yeti place, and a guy in front of me was having a hard time because he didn't speak english well and didn't know how the meal plan worked...and of course I was the next in line, and it took nearly 10 minutes to get this guy straightened out. Very frustrating.

12) Riding Soarin' is no fun when the couple next to you screams and points to the screen every 10 to 15 seconds during the ride.

13) I can understand with little girls, but why would a grown woman ( a mother ) wear a tiara (not sure if i spelled it right)

14) It is funny watching a mother in a family of four trying to convince her two young daughters they are really in Africa during the safari, only to see the look of panic on her face when the thought the bridge was really going to collapse.

15) Republicans and conservatives must really hate Ellen's Energy Adventure...for so many different reasons.

16) Didn't think it would be, but Toy Story Mania is FRIGGEN AWSOME!!! One of the best new attractions in a long time.

17) Lastly, I get bothered on here when people call others stupid for not knowing the exact right name for things (Fast Track, etc), but I do have to share what I heard while in line for the new Mexico boat ride. All from one lady while talking to someone on a cell phone (I'm not making this up either) "Yeah, we are going to get a speedpass for fast track and try to get on mission to mars later on. Yeah, we already rode the golf ball and we are going to try to go to disney world tomorrow."

wardpr68

1) I can't believe how much people complain about stupid things. So you've been waiting 5 minutes for a bus or a boat...aren't you supposed to be in the happiest place on earth? (Ironic because I complain a bit on here, but I meant complaining in person)

Not all people are blessed with great patience like you and me, be thankful haha.

2)Always loved the Rock 'n Rollercoaster. But going through it this time got me worried that in a few years, it's going to be the "Oh My God Hannah Montana Super Awsome Rockin Rollercoaster." Does anyone else think this?

Absolutely not, especially with guitar hero featuring aerosmith coming out. Hannah is a fad, Aerosmith is legendary.

9) Neither my wife or I ever remember our parents doing this when we were little. Since when do little kids require a detailed explanation of each and every ride before they go on it. It seemed like every time we were in line for anything, there was a parent telling their kid exactly everything about the ride.

Times have changed, society is more careful with their children, they baby them more, thus the kids expect to be babied by having mommy ensure they will be safe.... hopefully that made sense. When i was 8 years old my dad just said "dont be a wimp" when i was crying in the line for Tower of Terror. And i am glad he did... otherwise i would still be scared of rides today.

17) Lastly, I get bothered on here when people call others stupid for not knowing the exact right name for things (Fast Track, etc), but I do have to share what I heard while in line for the new Mexico boat ride. All from one lady while talking to someone on a cell phone (I'm not making this up either) "Yeah, we are going to get a speedpass for fast track and try to get on mission to mars later on. Yeah, we already rode the golf ball and we are going to try to go to disney world tomorrow."

hahahha.... we are going to DW tomorrow. Thats hilarious. I always get a kick out of people calling stuff by different names.

Phonedave

Some people are happiest when they are complaining.

2) Always loved the Rock 'n Rollercoaster. But going through it this time got me worried that in a few years, it's going to be the "Oh My God Hannah Montana Super Awsome Rockin Rollercoaster." Does anyone else think this?

Any reason for these fears? Ir is it just somthing you feel ?

Opinion. Mine opinion. Not better or worse, just different.

Future proofing. When they get HD programming, they will be ready

5) It was my first time staying in a Deluxe resort, I've been in a moderate and a value, and I think a deluxe resort is well worth the extra money.

Now you are in trouble. You have been bitten by the bug. Next thing you know you will start visiting the DVC kiosks :D

Somtimes. I think it depends on both the actors, and the mood they are in.

7) They should post that the Finding Nemo ride is just a kids ride and that anyone over the age of 7 or 8 shouldn't waste time with it. Cute idea, but only for really little kids.

I think it's fine for adults. However it really does not appeal to me. The fact that it eats people is the only reason I go on it. If I had to wait on a long queue, I would most likely pass

8) The Imagination ride....I go on it each time and each time come off of it thinking how dumb it is. I went to YouTube to watch the original version, and it really was much better.

I think the majority of the people agree with you

Excited parents ?

10) I've probably been on the Dinosaur ride 8-10 times since it opened...and I still CAN NOT, no matter how hard I try, keep my head up and my eyes open during the very last scene. I'm 29 years old, I can ride the worlds tallest roller coasters, the craziest of thrill rides, all that...but I just am completely unable to not duck when that friggen Dinosaur comes RIGHT at you. I am completely aware that it is a robot, I've been on it several times and obviously nothing bad has ever happened...and every time I go, I tell myself I'm going to make it this time with my eyes open and my head up, but I just can't do it. I guess that goes to how good of a job they did to make it real.

:D

11) They really should consider having a roving backup type person for the counter service restaurants to help when people have trouble ordering, especially during peak meal times. We were at I guess the Yak and Yeti place, and a guy in front of me was having a hard time because he didn't speak english well and didn't know how the meal plan worked...and of course I was the next in line, and it took nearly 10 minutes to get this guy straightened out. Very frustrating.

Or, getting ready for all out war now :0 , have ONE queue and multiple registers. That way when one person hold up one register, the line still moves through the others.

12) Riding Soarin' is no fun when the couple next to you screams and points to the screen every 10 to 15 seconds during the ride.

Solution - Scream and point at them each time they do it

13) I can understand with little girls, but why would a grown woman ( a mother ) wear a tiara (not sure if i spelled it right)

Same reason people (adults) wear ears. Makes them happy

14) It is funny watching a mother in a family of four trying to convince her two young daughters they are really in Africa during the safari, only to see the look of panic on her face when the thought the bridge was really going to collapse.

Thats a lot of convincing.

15) Republicans and conservatives must really hate Ellen's Energy Adventure...for so many different reasons.

I consider myself a liberal Republican and I think it's a great attraction (sort of - that raido section puts me to sleep)

16) Didn't think it would be, but Toy Story Mania is FRIGGEN AWSOME!!! One of the best new attractions in a long time.

HAvent been on it yet

They are not stupid, just ignorant. Just like I make fun of my brother for calling a duplex recepticle a double gang box. Just becaue you (or I ) know about WDW (or electrical work) and someone else does not, does not make them stupid. But it does create humor.

Hope you had a good trip

-dave

musketeer

Original Poster
Times have changed, society is more careful with their children, they baby them more, thus the kids expect to be babied by having mommy ensure they will be safe.... hopefully that made sense. When i was 8 years old my dad just said "dont be a wimp" when i was crying in the line for Tower of Terror. And i am glad he did... otherwise i would still be scared of rides today.
[/B]

That's what I remember. I can remember being afraid of the Haunted Mansion, and asking my parents...pleading with them...doing whatever I could to talk them out of it. Going back to school after that trip, when asked what my favorite ride was...guess what my answer was.

It also had to do with the pride I took in doing something scary, that made it important.

By the way, the changes they made to that attraction were really impressive.

Welcome to WDW @ summer.......

NEVER!!!!!!!!!!! i wont let it!!!!

Yupp, really it could of been wayyyy better

:ROFLOL:

Depends on who is doing it, last i saw it, it was okay.

Aww i love that ride, and im over 8 haha

That ride freaks me ouuuut.....

It ruins it if you have someone who hasn't been on the ride with you, usually i say "stop ruining the magic" or something.

Im always hiding in the pictures, been on it 30 times, always hiding behind someone.

Yea, i had to wait 20 minutes for this dude to finish his convo on his phone about what to order! i mean really?

You would never survive it with my mother:ROFLOL:

I only wear mine if its my birthday:D

Ohhhh the funny tourists. Great memories...

Actuallty it doesn't bother me at all.....

Also the ride that you will wait forever to get on, thank god for fastpass!

oh boy, i would of been:ROFLOL:

sublimesting

We just made a visit and haven't been there in a couple of years. I made several observations that I thought I might share on here.

HA HA, YOU"RE A BABY! Just kidding, the wife and I are the same way, but worse actually! I have decided I won't ride it this year! Just the other day we were riving along and I said, "Honey, are we going to skip Dinosaur this year?" and she said "Yup." I have ridden it several times, I don't mind the ride at King's Island that drops you 300 feet, or anything else, but when that damn dinosaur pops out I am always d__________g and have my eyes closed. I don't know why, but now I've built it up into an anxiety thing of, why put myself through that. Of course, I most certainly will ride it anyways thinking it can't be that scary (what if I had a kid I tell myself? Daddy can't ride Dinosaur, he's scared...).

Actually I WILL NOT ride the Teacups again. last year i spun myself into silly delirium and did not recover again that day, I felt like you feel after drinking too much and right before throwing up. uuggghhh:hurl:

Brwneyedgirl72

10) I've probably been on the Dinosaur ride 8-10 times since it opened...and I still CAN NOT, no matter how hard I try, keep my head up and my eyes open during the very last scene. I'm 29 years old, I can ride the worlds tallest roller coasters, the craziest of thrill rides, all that...but I just am completely unable to not duck when that friggen Dinosaur comes RIGHT at you. I am completely aware that it is a robot, I've been on it several times and obviously nothing bad has ever happened...and every time I go, I tell myself I'm going to make it this time with my eyes open and my head up, but I just can't do it. I guess that goes to how good of a job they did to make it real.."

LOL!!!!.....I am so glad that I am not the only one! It does it to me everytime!

mickeymouse090

I agree, on my last trip to The World that crossed my mind many times! Your on vacation at the "Happiest Place on Earth"...shup-up & enjoy it!

I certainly hope not!!

Oh my how funny is that...you never know what you are going to see, but honestly nothing seems to surprise me anymore!

Awesome, I am so excited to ride TSM in January on my next trip! :sohappy:

17) Lastly, I get bothered on here when people call others stupid for not knowing the exact right name for things (Fast Track, etc), but I do have to share what I heard while in line for the new Mexico boat ride. All from one lady while talking to someone on a cell phone (I'm not making this up either) "Yeah, we are going to get a speedpass for fast track and try to get on mission to mars later on. Yeah, we already rode the golf ball and we are going to try to go to disney world tomorrow."[/quote]

This was the funniest thing I have heard in a long time...I can understand forgetting what one thing might be called but all of the attractions...give me a break seriously!! What are you doing at Disney then! :ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

xsupaxmanxsfnex

I am a pretty patient person, especially when it comes to Disney World. I just look at the person whoever is doing the complaining and think the insults in my head. Not out loud.

No way.

I can't wait for this! This is probably what I am most excited about on my next trip.

Reply to number 17.)
hahaha I used to be one of those. I used to call it the golf ball because that's what my parents told me it was when I was little. My sister a last year when we were planning our trip kept calling the Magic Kingdom disney world.:lol: I encounter those people all the time at Six Flags. It annoys me when people call it THE Superman. Or THE Batman. That's not what it's called! And when people call inversions on roller coasters "flips" haha. Just the perks I get from being a roller coaster enthusiast and a Disney fanatic.

Kelsybelle

musketeer;2978844]We just made a visit and haven't been there in a couple of years. I made several observations that I thought I might share on here.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Add an ounce of stress and it's amazing to watch how quickly people snap! We visited this past April school vacation week and I actually overheard a man complaining to the people he was with about how he didn't like and couldn't handle crowds of people! What on Earth are you doing in WDW!

:eek:

I agree! If you can swing the extra $, then I say go for it!

I love Nemo! I'm a 35yr old Nemo lover!

Some are truly just totally excited to share WDW with their children and some are helicoptor parents, which I think is pretty sad because their children aren't allowed to form their own opinions!

Disney magic!

Well, I think to some degree the meal plan can be confusing but to somebody who doesn't speak English well, it must have been hard! I agree there should have been more help because it is frustrating to wait and wait and wait!

I can't wait to ride it!!!

17) Lastly, I get bothered on here when people call others stupid for not knowing the exact right name for things (Fast Track, etc), but I do have to share what I heard while in line for the new Mexico boat ride. All from one lady while talking to someone on a cell phone (I'm not making this up either) "Yeah, we are going to get a speedpass for fast track and try to get on mission to mars later on. Yeah, we already rode the golf ball and we are going to try to go to disney world tomorrow"

Amazing! Some people just aren't up to snuff on all the WDW terms! I have quite a few clients that call each park by their proper names except for the Magic Kingdom and thats what they call Disney World! I guess to them it is!

eliezrah

I'll reply to the parents telling their kids about the rides and the Nemo thing...

Parents: I know when we took our kids we told them a lot of what to expect on he rides before going on, but it was because they wanted to know. Also, for rides like the Haunted Mansion, we wanted to make sure they knew the expect pretend ghosts before going in so they wouldn't start screaming or anything while on the ride and bother other guests.

Nemo, I LOVE THAT RIDE!!!! I won't put my age, but let's just say I'm over 30 and loved it even w/o my kids!

OneLuckyMom

Would you folks make up your minds, please?!! How often has it been posted on here about some evil parents someone saw dragging their kid onto a ride that they were obviously "terrified" to go on?!! Explaining things helps the kids to realize their fears are unfounded. But I guess now that's not ok either. I guess we're darned if we do, darned if we don't. Geez.

DABIGCHEEZ

A few points to your FEW :lol: observations.

6. And when was the acting good???

7. What did you really expect????

9. Some kids ask alot of questions and have a fear of the unknown. Would you rather the parent not explain it and have the kid throw a fit in your boat / car on the ride? However I agree some parents may take it too far with the babying.

11. And you didn't say anything to your family or friends when you were there??? I think you need to look and read your own #1 observation!!!!:ROFLOL:

Hope you enjoyed very observational trip.

disneymyway

I wear a tiara at WDW. It's a really pretty one I bought at the Germany pavilion. I love it - where else can you wear a tiara?

Everyone's got a silly hat on there - I love my tiara!

cdunbar

Yeah my mom would never ride the rides, she would always make my dad take me, and to be honest I never remember him saying "look baby dumbo is gonna go into the air," he was like wanna ride dumbo, I was like yeah. But I guess nowadays you have to explain stuff

BrennaRN

that's hilarious. It made me laugh. I think back on the times I've heard stupid things as well.

let's see the most memorable one would have to be the ant eater that is labeled ANTEATER at the Animal Kingdom. This lady walks up with her son and says......."Honey look at the bear!!!!"

OMG!!!!!

Disneykidder

Just remember that not everyone that goes to WDW is as fanatic as us. For most it is their first trip. We know all of the names, places, maps and the like by heart...most people do not. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom