A Few more trip planning questions

Well we leave in 11 days and I have a few more questions, any help would be appreciated.

1. Anyone know if the Polynesian resort mugs have the same design as last year?

2. Do they still offer the cheap refills at disney quest - wonderland cafe and cheesecake factory and are the cups the same as last years?

3. Are the carnival games on the boardwalk nightly as I have read that the boardwalk entertainment in only thurs thru sat nights

4. Will the polynesian transfer our luggage to the swan? I have heard yes and no on this since its not officially a disney hotel. I am seriously considering having dh just take a taxi over. Last year was a nightmare from the poly to the yacht club. It was over 6 hours and no luggage and ds wanted to go in the SB pool. As soon as we got the luggage it stormed for the rest of the night.

5. Can anyone comment on these clubs at Pleasure Island for a 16, 13 and 11 y.o. Comedy warehouse, adventurers club and motion? DS 16 is known as the class clown so I think he is mature enough for this and I am considering letting DS 13 and DS 11 go to DQ together. We would have walkie talkies for communication.

6. Can anyone tell me what foods at trails end a picky 11 year old will like. I heard they have mac and cheese and fried chicken, anything else? Lunch or dinner items.

Thanks so much everyone. Soon to be in the magic:) :)

BRER STITCH

Hey MARYPOPMOM!! :wave:

The only one I dare answer for you is your last one....

You can't beat Trails End for the price! The service is GREAT too!!!

HERE IS THE CURRENT MENU SERVED AT DINNER:

Chicken
BBQ ribs
Fish of the day
Chef's selection
Carved meat
Salad Bar
Soup
Vegetables
Macaroni & Cheese
Pasta
Chef's Specialties
Peel-and-eat shrimp
Cobbler
Non-alcoholic beverage

They had a pretty good selection of fresh fruits and salad on the salad bar when we ate there.

Lunch is pretty much the same except that they include some sort of lighter "wrap" sandwiches and pizza in place of the carved meat and Shrimp.

Add to that the desserts and the 11 year-old will not go hungry! :slurp:

Lunch is about $9 for adults.....Dinner only $15!!!

HAVE FUN!!!
:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

marypopmom

Original Poster
I am bumping this up again and we leave in 9 days so if anyone has any info for me it would be appreciated so much. Otherwise, I guess I am just going to have to answer my own questions lol and put them in the trip report when I get back.

Upvote 0

WendyOkada

A couple answers

Originally posted by marypopmom

2. Do they still offer the cheap refills at disney quest - wonderland cafe and cheesecake factory and are the cups the same as last years?

4. Will the polynesian transfer our luggage to the swan?

5. Can anyone comment on these clubs at Pleasure Island for a 16, 13 and 11 y.o. Comedy warehouse, adventurers club and motion? DS 16 is known as the class clown so I think he is mature enough for this and I am considering letting DS 13 and DS 11 go to DQ together. We would have walkie talkies for communication.
I can only answer a few, but here's my $0.02...

Re: the mugs - I don't know about the Poly or DQ mugs, but technically your mugs are only good for the duration of your current stay. Don't get me started on the ethics of bringing back mugs... that's for a whole another thread... ha ha ha. I only mention it because I wasn't sure if you knew that or not, but whether you do anything with that info is up to you.

Re: luggage transfer. I do know they transfer luggage but don't know about to the swan/dolphin. I would think so since they "service" those resorts with WDW transportation (busses, ferries) but I could be wrong. I would just call them and ask ahead of time so you're not caught off guard there.

Re: PI clubs. I haven't been to Motion, but Comedy Warehouse *might* be ok for the 16yo (admittedly, I haven't been there in years though). Some of the shows in the Adventurer's Club might be ok also, but you really have to remember that PI after hours is truly geared primarily for adults. Depending on what you're kids are used to being exposed to, it may or may not be too adult for them to attend. There's a reason it's 18, or in some cases, 21 and over. But again, it's totally up to you individually. I have seen people bring their kids there and that's their choice (or perhaps they wanted to check it out and didn't have anyone to watch the kids or something). Remember, this is just a caution, so feel free to toss it in the circular file if you wish.

Re: DQ alone. I personally might be hesitant to let them alone in DQ if you're at PI. They're not that close in proximity and it's highly unlikely the walkie talkies would reach that far. If you meant that you'd just be outside the building, and they'd be inside, then maybe that's more reasonable but still, it's quite noisy in DQ and it would probably be very difficult to hear the radios when inside. I would at most, be outside of DQ (maybe having a snack or something) if they're inside alone and maybe have a preset time for them to come out, unless they want to radio you earlier if they're done. I wouldn't be at PI if they're at DQ because it's kind of a ways for them to walk alone if they needed to locate you for any reason. But again, you are the judge of the maturity of your kids so it's up to you.

HTH, and have a great time!

Upvote 0

kosherkid411

Originally posted by marypopmom
Well we leave in 11 days and I have a few more questions, any help would be appreciated.

3. Are the carnival games on the boardwalk nightly as I have read that the boardwalk entertainment in only thurs thru sat nights

4. Will the polynesian transfer our luggage to the swan? I have heard yes and no on this since its not officially a disney hotel. I am seriously considering having dh just take a taxi over. Last year was a nightmare from the poly to the yacht club. It was over 6 hours and no luggage and ds wanted to go in the SB pool. As soon as we got the luggage it stormed for the rest of the night.

6. Can anyone tell me what foods at trails end a picky 11 year old will like. I heard they have mac and cheese and fried chicken, anything else? Lunch or dinner items.

Thanks so much everyone. Soon to be in the magic:) :)

Let me try answering the questions...

3. The last time I was at the Boardwalk, we were then on a Sunday (my family had to watch the Buffalo Bills at ESPN Cafe-- We don't go to WDW during football season unless the game is at night or on Monday). That was a few years ago. We went to the Boardwalk early and it had pelnty og enterianment and stuff to do, just like you were at a real boardwalk.

5. Sounds like a plan to me. I would have killed to have my parents let me go like that when I was that gae!

I wish I could help more, but we've never done the Poly, Swan, DQ, or anyhting else on your list.

Upvote 0

kosherkid411

Re: Re: A Few more trip planning questions

Originally posted by kosherkid411
Let me try answering the questions...

3. The last time I was at the Boardwalk, we were then on a Sunday (my family had to watch the Buffalo Bills at ESPN Cafe-- We don't go to WDW during football season unless the game is at night or on Monday). That was a few years ago. We went to the Boardwalk early and it had pelnty og enterianment and stuff to do, just like you were at a real boardwalk.

5. Sounds like a plan to me. I would have killed to have my parents let me go like that when I was that gae!

I wish I could help more, but we've never done the Poly, Swan, DQ, or anyhting else on your list.

Sorry for my lousy spelling! I'm trying to type fast, becuase I need to leave my apartment now. I jsut wanted to give you the info.

Upvote 0

LeaveALegacyGuy

I wouldn't let your DS go into DQ alone. As WendyOkada said, it is noisy and you might not get a good reception from each other. From past experience, I was a DQ with some friends and I was trying to call my dad. The reception of the cell phone I was using was not all that good and I had to go up to the third floor to call him. It is still up to you. Have a great time at WDW:) :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom