A fear of...

MajinBuu

Original Poster
Does anyone else just hate driving next to 18 wheel trucks on the highway? Every time I'm on the left side of one, I alway think the driver can't see me and is merging into my lane. While on the right side I'm not as scared but still a little freaked out. I know it's weird but I wanna know if others feel the same way while driving?

PS - Could this be a phobia? :confused:

Dizknee_Phreek

driving in general scares me! which is why i'm 17 and without a licence....but yeah, the 18 wheeler thing scares me too! heck, it scares me even when i'm NOT driving! when i was really little it didn't bother me too badly....but once we started making all our trips to Disney World, i started getting a little scared...cuz we travel at night, and i know that my parents are tired, and the truck driver is most likely tired, and passing them (not to mention being sandwiched in between two of them) just started making me nervous....so no, MajinBuu, you're not crazy...it's perfectly normal! :)

RozFan

It very well could be a phobia. I don't have a fear of 18 wheelers but they ________ me off to no end when they cut you off or block you in. Sometimes I wish I had a MarioKart so I could zoom in, out and underneath them. :lol:

If only I could be a D.O.T for a day. :fork: :goodnevil :drevil:

emmagata

I dont' really fear them, but I keep a close eye on them for any sudden movements.

I drive a lot on the highway for my work so I see a lot of big trucks.

One time while I was driving the car in front of me was hanging just in back of an 18 wheeler and wouldn't pass. It was a 4 lane highway (2 each direction) and she was in the left lane, the truck in the right. Finally she got behind the truck and as I was just starting to pass the truck, he veered over into my lane. There was a concrete barrier to my left. I slammed the brakes and moved as far to the left as I could.

We got so close that the corner of his trailer knocked off my passenger sideview mirror.

Now THAT was a close call!

Legacy

My dad use to travel with construction so he knew a lot of truckers. As a result he encourages me to travel in convoys with them because 'Truckers know the best places to eat, and they can see a lot farther ahead than you'. I don't mind them too much. Well, didn't until one of my friends collided with a semi's gas-tank. He survived but all of us were very catious driving for a while after that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom