Pre-Trip A Fall 8th Birthday Celebration

Hi everyone! I've been reading trip reports for years but I haven't ever done one myself sooo, this year, I'm challenging myself to follow through and actually write one. I figured that, if I start with a pre-trip report, maybe I'd actually follow through on an actual trip report. 🤞

When: Oct. 21-26

Who:
I'm Olivia. Self proclaimed Disney World addict. I've been going to WDW since I was a kid although, not with the regularity I go now!
My husband, Keith, had never been before we met. He surprised me for my 30th birthday (pre-kids) with a Disney trip and, ever since then, he's been "drinking the Kool-Aide".
My kids, Burke (turning 8 the day before we leave) and Beckett (4). They've been to WDW twice and think every airplane they see is going to "Mickey's House" and ask to go almost daily. I'm raising them right ;). Our last trip with the kids was early March 2018.
MK_MSATHCLB_20180305_409891593894.jpg

Burke has Down syndrome and is still learning to talk. His fine and gross motor skills are very delayed and he has sensory issues. We were reminded, on a family beach trip this summer, why we continue to go back to Disney. It just works better for our family. With the disability pass and the stroller as a wheelchair, we're all able to enjoy the parks and Burke has an amazing vacation too.

Also going on the trip, MaMaw and PaPa, my parents, who have been on both our kids trips and the 30th Birthday surprise trip and are the reason I'm addicted to Disney in the first place. I used to make fun of my dad and his trip planning. Well before Fastpasses and Touring Plans, he would get the latest tour book and pour over the rides and shows. He'd then make a detailed schedule of each day. What time we'd get to the park, what rides at what time, where we'd eat. He, obviously, taught me well and now, WDW trip planning is my favorite hobby.

MK_TSTHEATERBCHAR_20180306_409902253765.jpg

oliviosis

Original Poster
Where: Wilderness Lodge
This will be our first WL stay and I can't wait! The first time we took the boys, we stayed at the Contemporary which was amazing since we were within walking distance of MK. I just don't love the feel of that hotel.

Details:
I wanted to be in the parks on Burke's actual birthday but, the annual Buddy Walk (Down syndrome fundraising walk) is the Saturday before we leave. Since we have family that come to town to walk with us, we couldn't leave until Monday.
Leave San Antonio @6:55 am, direct to MCO landing at 10:30 am.
Debating what to do on that first day. We don't have park tickets for that day so I assume it'll be either a pool/Disney Springs day or maybe a water park day if weather permits.
Tuesday: MK w/BOG lunch reservation. I'm questioning this decision now that they've changed the menu. I'm not impressed with the new selections.
Wednesday: AK day. The earliest I could get FoP was 3:30 pm which is fine but we usually wouldn't stay at AK that long. Not about to miss FoP though!
Thursday: Epcot and Food and Wine!!
Friday: HS. Keith is a huge Star Wars fan, as are my parents so they're really excited about this one. I expect we'll be some of the super early EMH people since my kids wake up around 5:30 am (yes, even at Disney).
Saturday: we fly home at 4:30 pm :(

No dining reservations except for my parents who are doing California Grill one night. I'm debating doing Tusker House at lunch. We loved that character meal last time. My kids ate nothing but the adults loved it and the kids had a great time with those characters. We did have to wait about 45 min past our reservation time to be seated last time. Does any one know if that's normal?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom