A Dose of Disney Magic!

powlessfamily4

Original Poster
I just wanted to share with everyone a little bit of our Disney Magic. My Disney family (DH, DD 22 and DS 20) checked into POP! on 09/21/2011 via the Magic Express. We had requested double adjoining rooms, 60's poolside. I realize that they cannot guarantee all of your special requests, but do their best to please. Somehow they goofed on the reservations and had separated the rooms. We ended up in 50's first building (not poolside) with a king sized and a double. We politely told them that was fine and that we understood special requests could not always be filled. I am not one to pitch a fit and show my "asp" just to get my way like a lot of people do. I always feel if you treat people with courtesy it comes back to you.

The clerk checking us in smiled and thanked us for being so nice. She told us to wait a moment and walked over to a manager and spoke to him. When she came back she was grinning big time and informed us our second room was free for the week!!! It allowed us to add a few more extras to our vacation. :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

That is an awesome story. I've noticed that on almost every vacation there the hotel CMs are the most courteous. They always seem to do something extra for us to make our stay more memorable.
I remember staying at Old Key West shortly after the Red Sox won the World Series in 2004. The bellhop moving our luggage in started up some small talk and asked if we were Sox fans since we are from Massachusetts. He admitted he was a Yankees fan himself but still managed to congratulate us for the victory. It's something that made me smile to start off my vacation and I will never forget.

WDWLOYAL1971

The wonderful Disney magic. It's what will always set it apart from every other place on this planet. Disney is by far in a category all of its own! Nothing will ever come remotely close. Gosh, I love Disney!:sohappy:

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
We booked last minute in May. We had to change rooms four times within seven days. After the first night we left the first resort and checked in at the second. The clerk stated moving that was unacceptable (we were fine with it since we booked a week out). She told us to hang on for a few minutes. She came back and said she upgraded our room on Disney and we would not be moving anymore.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom