A Disney Adventure Park?

Would you visit a Disney Adventure Park?

• Yes

Votes: 45 54.2%
  • No

Votes: 28 33.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 10 12.0%

• Total voters

Michael72688

Original Poster
Why doesnt Disney just build a darn park with some really great rollercoasters, water rides, and thrill rides (DDFF) I know many people are just going to say, thats not what Disney is about, they are about making boring childish rides, but I personally think if they build a really good Adventure Park (like IOA) they could attract a new type of crowd to WDW! Tell me what you think

jaylenofan86

You are preaching to the wrong board. I would never go to that park, and I would never go to Disney again if they built that park. This is a DISNEY board, not a IOA board.

jaylenofan86

Because the Disney was built on the principle of the family having fun together! Having an IOA type of park will take away that principle! My grandmother doesn't go to Disney to get thrills! I don't go to Disney for thrills either, and i'm 16!

ToTBellHop

Being a teen, I can say that disney already has some awesome rides that teens love, and they do them well! Problem with a thrill park would be to do the park the Disney way, it would either been attrociously expensive or have 4 rides...it just does not work when paired up with the Disney style. I don't honestly see why they need to build a thrill park anyway...they already have a ton of thrill rides and have one (probably two) new ones in the works right now. I can't complain...

Michael72688

Original Poster
Yea, Disney has SOME thrill rides and they are good, but why not complie a bunch of them into one park, that way you get the thrill seakers who also love Disney (like myself) in one park and everyone else in the others

jaylenofan86

Because Disney DOESN'T need a thrill theme park! They don't even have one planned yet till the late 2000's! I don't want to have people separated by what they like, we all need to be together, a little bit of everything in one park is good. Like right now!

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I would visit it but as has already been said I dont think that it is the Disney premise. We are just planning our summer trip having got both Disney and Universal videos. My youngest is adamant that theres only 2 or 3 things she will try at IOA, that means its generally a waste of money or time as some one will have to sit with her. On the other hand theres very few things she hasnt tried at Disney though this year shes determined to do ToT and RnRC which means more family fun:)

Michael72688

Original Poster
Originally posted by happy snapper
I would visit it but as has already been said I dont think that it is the Disney premise. We are just planning our summer trip having got both Disney and Universal videos. My youngest is adamant that theres only 2 or 3 things she will try at IOA, that means its generally a waste of money or time as some one will have to sit with her. On the other hand theres very few things she hasnt tried at Disney though this year shes determined to do ToT and RnRC which means more family fun:)

The same thing happened to me before I visited IOA, after studying the map, I figured I would only go on the dull rides there (which isn't many) but after a few of my friends dragged my the hulk, I rode everything in the park, and now I get enough of rollercoasters

Becky

Disney is in the Theme park business not the Amusement park business.:D There is a big difference, thank goodness.:cool:

I can go to Kings Island, Cedar Point ,Six Flags etc for amusement rides. I go to WDW because it is, and hopefully will remain, a family Theme park.:animwink:

As for a new WDW park my wish would be for a nostalgia park, Horizons, World of Motion, Captain EO ("What's a Matter Deloris"), the origional JIA etc:) :)

meeko_33785

Just can't see this happening. WDW is all about having parks with something for everyone- not just thrills. I would hope that there would be some amount of variety in attractions in the parks. Not all thrill rides, not all kids rides, not all family rides, but a good mixture of all three. Just don't like the idea.

wdwkid17

I think Disney should ADD some thrill rides to there current parks. Epcot and Animal Kingdom could use a decent thrill ride. ( sorry I love Test Track but they can do better in the thrill category). Also has anyone riden the new coaster at AK??? Is it even open yet???

no2apprentice

Actually, didn't Disney try to go in that direction with Disney California Adventure? More basic amusement park thrill rides? It has not been very well received. Some people enjoy it, but the attendence numbers tend to show the public prefers the traditional magic of Disney, not pure thrills.

Plus, let's talk the bottom line. A park full of e-rides would be incredibly expensive for one park (provided the e-rides meet Disney standards). That's a hefty investment and risk. And, not to start any age wars, but don't families tend to spend more money when it comes to vacations than teens/young adults?

Michael72688

Original Poster
Originally posted by wdwkid17
I think Disney should ADD some thrill rides to there current parks. Epcot and Animal Kingdom could use a decent thrill ride. ( sorry I love Test Track but they can do better in the thrill category). Also has anyone riden the new coaster at AK??? Is it even open yet???

I totally agree, and the new coaster at AK is pretty cool, it's short and not real high, but spins a lot and I cant go on it more than twice cause I get sick, but it's fun, and I really like it!

Becky - I dont remember when IOA was called an amusement park, in my book it's a theme park, and a mighty good one at that!!! :hammer:

Michael72688

Original Poster
Believe it or not I'm actually surprised about what people have said, cause I know from my personal experience (all my friends at school) the one thing that hated about Disney was the lack of great (and abudent) thrill rides

ToTBellHop

Splash Mountain
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Space Mountain
Pirates has a certain degree of thrill
Barnstormer (I think it is fun...)
Test Track
Maelstrom
Body Wars
Mission: SPACE
Tower of Terror
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster
Star Tours
Dinosaur
Kali River Rapids
Primeval Whirl!

I don't think there is any shortage of thrill rides, and unlike the amusement parks, where rides get boring after a couple years (therefore causing the parks to build something bigger and faster, like Cedar Point), just about all of these attractions have stayed extremely popular, even though many are not new. Far more people enjoy these types of attractions than 420 foot tall coasters that go 120 mph...it all comes down to where the money is, and I spend a helluva lot more at Disney World than I do at any amusement park, which should say something about how memorable experiences in both cases are.

jaylenofan86

Becky - I dont remember when IOA was called an amusement park, in my book it's a theme park, and a mighty good one at that!!!
IOA in my books is an amusement park. Also, IOA is no where in the leauge of Disney.
Believe it or not I'm actually surprised about what people have said, cause I know from my personal experience (all my friends at school) the one thing that hated about Disney was the lack of great (and abudent) thrill rides
*knocks on your head* HELLO?! THIS IS A DISNEY BOARD! What do you think we were going to do?

Nansafan

I'm from Chicago and we're only 45 minutes from Six Flags. When we go to Six Flags with my 16 yr old son and 15 and 13 yr old neices, we spend at tops 6 hours there. Cannot remember the last time we stayed past dark. There are 6-7 big coasters there, and we all are coaster people. A big park with big thrill rides would not be a big deal for us. When we go to WDW, which we do twice a year, we stay til closing. It's the family atmosphere that keeps us there. We've been to IOA twice and loved the Hulk and Spider Man is unbelieveable but again were ready to leave the park before dark. Have to finish the day at the Magic Kingdom.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom