A Complicated and confusing situation. At least for me

ob1thx1138

I am planning a trip with my sister and her son (9 at the time of travel) in September (15-21). I have an Annual Pass and Tables in Wonderland so normally I would just book room only (usually with a discount) and call it a day. However she is wanting to do the dining plan and is also interested in the memory maker option. I am wanting to pay for the room since I am going with them and they adjusted the travel dates so that I was able to travel with them. I guess my question is: what would be the best way to handle this situation. Just let my sister book her package and then pay her for the room and add myself to the room on check in knowing that I would have to pay out of pocket for my meals which is not a problem at all. Or would we save more by just paying for the memory maker out of pocket and booking the room only discount and purchase her and her sons tickets individually and then use my tables in wonderland to pay for our meals? I think a big reason she is wanting the dining plan is because that way she knows it is all paid for up front which I understand, but I am willing to help out if it is going to be more economical to just ditch the dining plan and simplify the room booking.

I personally like to save up separately and bring cash, that way we're not worrying about how many TS meals we're juggling each day. If we want to do 2, then we'll do 2. I don't even put it on my magic band because I don't want to deal with it after vacation! I'll pay by mb at the pool or the kids can use it if they go to the marketplace. Every single server had a positive reaction to paying cash instead of the meal plan. It does, however feel like monopoly money flowing out of my wallet!
At least if you have a disagreement over how to split up a bill you're with family and not a friend! Family is forever. I hope you find some easy arrangement so you don't have to do the math every meal separating meals, drinks, desserts, etc.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom