A Church

As to whether Mary Queen is official or not, it has an official catholic mass, complete with readings, communion, and all that jazz. We've been going there since we decided we liked Saturday evening services better.

(We always arrive on a Sat. and relax, do DTD, and since Mary Queen is like 5 min. by car, we'd do that instead of trying to do church on our first morning in the parks.)

Anywayz, you're good to go...have a great trip. (Don't forget to bring at least a dollar to put in the basket...you'll feel like you're going to hell if you don't;) )

Hehe, jk.

Upvote 0

PintoColvig

amykissangel said:
As to whether Mary Queen is official or not, it has an official catholic mass, complete with readings, communion, and all that jazz. We've been going there since we decided we liked Saturday evening services better.

(We always arrive on a Sat. and relax, do DTD, and since Mary Queen is like 5 min. by car, we'd do that instead of trying to do church on our first morning in the parks.)

Anywayz, you're good to go...have a great trip. (Don't forget to bring at least a dollar to put in the basket...you'll feel like you're going to hell if you don't;) )

Hehe, jk.
And while you're over there, you can slip over to the outlet mall next door and go to my favorite Disney store: Character Premiere. Great bargains on nice and often deeply discounted Disney merchandise. Pssst....don't tell anyone!

Upvote 0
ClemsonTigger said:
That has not been done for years. While Mary Queen of the Universe was looking for money to build their parish, they were always on property, but once done, they were no longer to find an available priest...or support the cost of transportation.

http://www.maryqueenoftheuniverse.org/disneymass.html

You cannot even get a Catholic priest to conduct a wedding service on property.

PS: Sorry if there is excessive bitterness expressed....

I'm sorry you're so bitter and the reason is your business.

We are not allowed to get married outside of a Catholic church so getting married on Disney property is not an option for us. Some may not like it, but those are "club rules". Mary, Queen of the Universe would be a beautiful church for a wedding. You can still have your reception on Disney property.

Regarding Mass:
We don't have a car when we come to WDW, so we take a cab to the church for Mass. They have Saturday evening Mass, as well as Sunday morning. We usually ask the cabdriver to be back right after Mass and he's waiting for us so we zip right back to WDW or we walk to the outlet mall for a stroll. I wish I could give you a price, but we're 4 so it's probably a little more for us. Your resort will help you get a cab.

Upvote 0

demento57

Original Poster
ConstanceIrene said:
I'm sorry you're so bitter and the reason is your business.

We are not allowed to get married outside of a Catholic church so getting married on Disney property is not an option for us. Some may not like it, but those are "club rules". Mary, Queen of the Universe would be a beautiful church for a wedding. You can still have your reception on Disney property.

Yeah, my girl said it has to either be her church or a pirate ship. I'm pullin' for the pirate ship. I wish I could hook up The Columbia @ Disneyland :p

Upvote 0

CheersBoston

I spent many an Easter at Mary Queen of the Universe growing up (always went to Disney over Easter break). The church was nice to see, but the cries for money were definately over the top. It could be stated in a more subtle way. Most people who are taking time out of their vacation to go to church are going to be willing to donate a few bucks. If you can get past the money pitch, it is the best place to take in mass.

Upvote 0

CoffeeJedi

Joel said:
I would have a hard time going to a church whose name sounds like a spin-off of "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe."
Thank you!!!!
My family isn't Catholic, but we always made fun of the name. I believe my dad made the same joke! :lol:
This just sounds weird, but i could just tell from the outside of the building that they were a constantly-asking-for-money church. I couldn't put my finger on it, but i could just tell. I distinctly remember a tacky overuse of the color gold, but its been a few years.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom