A chance for a Disneyland run...

Grim Grinner

I'm heading out to LA for the E3 show. I'm going to be in attendance for all three days, but I was thinking about ditching the last day (which is a short one) and heading out to Disneyland.

I've only seen WDW and Japan's parks, so I've never hit the original...

Would it be worth the $180 for my wife and I to get in a single day's worth of Disney? I've always wanted to see the original POTC, but it'll still be closed while I'm there...

Are the Storybook Canals there?
Will Indy be open next week?
Is Mr. Toad and Alice still there?

It's a big expense, and although I love Disney- money is tight. What would you folks do?

bigglesworth003

YES!!! DO it!!

Indy will be open, new enhancements to the Haunted mansion should be in, YOu can ride Space mountain which just got redone, and is amazing, and ride The Matterhorn,

And if you can stay till close see Remember Dreams come true, one of the greatest Fireworks shows ever, just stick out a spot in the hub,

You should do it definatly!!

Upvote 0
I would definately reccomend it! Indiana Jones is possibly the best ride ever, Remember: Dreams Come True is spectacular, The Tiki Room is the original version, and is SO MUCH BETTER than the WDW version, Space Mountain was redone, the Matterhorn is there....honestly Disneyland is amazing and shouldn't be missed

Upvote 0

fredtom

I would definitely take advantage of the opportunity if you can. You will only kick yourself later if you miss it. My wife and I are going to Puerto Vallarta for a week at the end of May on a vacation package that will fly out of LAX. So, we've booked three nights at Disneyland for a stop on the way back. I haven't been in ten years since we moved from there... can't wait. Our annual WDW vacation will be the last week of September.
Hope you have a great trip.

"An Adventurer's life is best!" :lol:

Upvote 0

Grim Grinner

Original Poster
Ok, you're all really twisting my arm :)

As for giving up E3, I'll be there for the two important days. The final day has always been a bit of a throwaway.

BTW- I used to work for EGM and now some of my old coworkers and I are starting up a gaming mag and a website. If all goes well, I'll be able to afford my yearly WDW trip.

Upvote 0

JimboJones123

I used to work at a tv station, and we could never talk our news director into sending us to cover e3. it was like 40 stories in one... we could have had things bagged for months -- someday... the fool

Upvote 0

Allllex

Grim Grinner said:
As for giving up E3, I'll be there for the two important days. The final day has always been a bit of a throwaway.

but but but you'll miss the wonders of KENTIA HALL!

Seriously, go to DL/DCA, you'll have a great time. Get a park hopper and go do California Screamin', the TOT, Grizzly River, and Soarin, then get over to DL and hit everything else. It's not too crowded around E3, I was able to do everything I wanted to do in both parks last year.

Upvote 0

RU42

Well, no surprise here, I say go. And if you are planning on going for the whole day, then that makes it even more of a definite yes.

Yes, Canal boats, Alice, and Toads are all there and there is no scheduled rehab for Indy.

RU

Upvote 0

Tigggrl

YES! Definately go! I LOVE Alice and Storybook boats, and Inday is worth it too, and to get to walk in the original park, and see the original Tiki Room is well worth it,and to really top it off make reservations at Blue Bayou!

Upvote 0

TTFN-Tiggger

If it was me - I would be gone without a second thought to DL. I would also spend most of the time if not all at the DL park vs CA. Better park and you can enjoy the famous attractions where they started. Enjoy!:wave:

Upvote 0

TP2000

Be warned that next week is still a VERY busy week for Disneyland, the week after Easter. They'll be open until Midnight, and they've scheduled three Fantasmic! shows each night (9:00, 10:30 & 11:30), so that means they are expecting big, big crowds.

Sailing Ship Columbia, Explorer Canoes, and Casey Jr. Circus Train are also attractions that are only found in Disneyland, alongwith StorybookLand Canal Boats, Mr. Toad, Alice, Indy, Matterhorn, etc.

It's a shame Pirates is closed, but if you've been on Tokyo's Pirates you are close. Just imagine an extra drop that is bigger than Tokyo's, a few more minutes floating in the caverns, and a longer ending with an umramp that takes you back to the same dock where you got on. But Tokyo's Pirates comes closest to Disneyland's of all the other parks.

Try to get there as early as possible, run to Space Mountain for Fastpasses first thing, and then worry about Indy Fastpass. Lucky for you Matterhorn doesn't have Fastpass, and even when the two lines stretch all the way around the mountain it's only a 30 minute wait.

And don't miss the original Tiki Room still playing it's superior 1963 show.

Upvote 0

Grim Grinner

Original Poster
I worked for EGM from 1992 until 2001. I had covered the entire range of jobs at Sendai/Ziff-Davis- ending my career at the Senior Editor. I had been on the Review Crew, and was known for having the most world records (only Martin Alessi and Steve Harris held records as well) and writing the most strategy guides in the industry.

Unfortunately, the staff was cut shortly before the company was moved to California. It was a dream job that I miss dearly. Unfortunately my old magazine has gotten to be recognized for being a house full of egos. They're not bad guys there, but the image the magazine has now is getting worse and worse.

Someone mentioned the Kentia Hall- well my new group may just have a table in the Kentia hall (or whereever the classic gaming section is at).

Wish me luck.

I'm thinking like I really want to go. I haven't been to WDW in two years and the lack of Disney is terrible. Besides, my wife has never seen Mr. Toad.

If you ever have any questions about the gaming industry, feel free to email me so we don't clutter up Steve's boards.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom