A Celebration Of All Things Star Wars, But Mostly Disney: An August 2012 PTR!

It’s pre-trip report time…again!

No, seriously! I know I had a previous PTR that featured me being all excited for a visit this May, but those plans totally fell through. But not to worry! It looks like we’re on the right track to an awesome trip. And this time around it’s a pretty big deal. It’ll be my first time going for my birthday, my 30th birthday to be exact. *gasp* :eek:

Let me take things back just a bit…

Last month, Brandon (The Husband) and I took a weekend trip for his birthday. Sadly, that weekend trip should have been a trip to WDW but c’est la vie.

Here's a shot of us from our anniversary trip in October 2010
HappyAnniversary.jpg

As we were driving back home we began to talk of Disney. This always seems to happen when we travel. I think it’s because we listen to park music in the car and by doing so it sends subliminal messages that we need to plan a trip. :lol: We realized that if we wanted to do any traveling we’d have to make it happen over the summer because we might be moving in October. This got my planning wheels turning because October is always our fall-back month for a Disney trip, what with our anniversary and all. I haven’t planned a summer trip since I was in high school and that was with my mom and brother, completely different ballgame there.

Somewhat randomly Brandon asked me what the dates were for Star Wars Celebration. He remembered I had mentioned it at the beginning of the year as something I’d like to do for my birthday. Conveniently enough Celebration was happening the weekend before my birthday and it was being held in Orlando.

Can you see where this is going?

It was soon decided that we would be heading to the greatest Star Wars party in town to get our geek on then book it on over to the Magic Kingdom to kick off the Disney leg of our trip. Needless to say, I was filled with glee the rest of the drive home. Once we pulled the car in I practically flew upstairs and turned on my laptop to start planning this epic trip!

The first thing I did was secure our Celebration tickets. I knew that way if something went screwy with the Disney plans at least we’d still be going to Orlando to have Star Wars related fun. While I was surfing the Celebration website I came across the list of hotels they were using for the convention. As I neared the bottom of the list I saw in smallish print that they were using Coronado Springs as one of the hotels. Oh. Em. Gee. Now I knew this was fate. For the heck of it I went through the mock reservation and found out they were having discounted rooms at $129 a night. That sealed it for me. I was planning on either the French Quarter or Riverside and was going to wait and see if a PIN code or promo was released. So this deal at Coronado worked out beautifully. Funny enough right before I officially booked the room the Free Dining promo was released. After running some numbers it turned out the discount at Coronado was still better for us. We like to eat when we go to Disney but not enough to use the dining plan this time around.

So…Brandon and I decided on 4 days, 3 nights at Coronado Springs. This will be our first time staying there and from what I’ve seen I think we’ll like it just fine. I also can’t wait to celebrate my birthday at one of my favorite places in the world!

diddy_mouse

Original Poster
5 days left!! I stayed up late last night and finished my packing (thank goodness!) I wasn't sure when I would be able to get it done given my work/class schedule this week. Also I can't wait til the last minute because I get unbelievably OCD about what goes into my suitcase. It's both funny and sad. My husband just shakes his head because he knows I'll triple check everything the night before we leave, just to make sure everything is still exactly the way I packed it. The interesting thing about our departure day is that I have a test to take that evening so needless to say it'll be the fastest one I think I'll ever take. :D

LizC

Your pre trip report reads how I have been feeling the past year, counting down to my own trip, only 49 days to go! :) (I think my husband thinks I'm nuts, but he is being a good sport about it)

Sounds like you are going to have a great trip! have a safe flight and ENJOY WDW!! :D

diddy_mouse

Original Poster
Well, here we are...the eve of our trip!

Suitcases are ready and waiting to be loaded in the car, our cat has been dropped off at our grandmother's house, and now we're playing the waiting game. Luckily for us the waiting game involves watching Disneyland specials (my favorite), Simpsons episodes, and a few Star Wars things sprinkled in.

It feels kind of strange knowing that this time tomorrow I'll flying down the coast heading to MCO. We have so many wonderful things planned and I can't wait to kick things off with Star Wars Celebration.

Time to relax and count down the hours (not days!) until we head to the airport. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom