Trip Report A cat on my head is not my idea of a fun Saturday night! I'M GOIN' BACK!!!!!!

POSSIBLE pre-trip

Soooo, I've been teasing (my partner) Phil for a while, because he hates the idea of going back to the World since we were just there. Well....."just" if you count last June as "just".

So of course on Christmas, I freaked him out by making him believe that he was going to unwrap some Magic Bands and a resort reservation. He didn't. He unwrapped a NutriNinja and a shirt or two.

And now I've started to joke with him about giving him a surprise trip present for Valentine's Day. So, over the weekend, this conversation happened:

Phil: You know what? I don't care if I ever go back there.

Me: Oh, really?

Phil: Yeah. As a matter of fact, I NEVER wanna go back there.

Me: How can you say that? You always have so much fun when you're there.

Phil: It's hot. It's crowded. It's miserable. We've seen everything. I'm not going back!

Me: Fine!

Phil: Fine!

We eat our pizza in silence for a few minutes. Oh, I forgot to mention - we were out for pizza dinner.

pizza.JPG

Then:

Me: Ya, know, I can just go without you.

Phil: I wish you would.

Me: So maybe I will.

Phil: So maybe you should.

I've threatened this before but have never followed through with it, because as much as he protests, I know he will get really jealous right up at the point when I am leaving for five days or so of fun. I'll be having a wonderful time flying around inside a space mountain or drinking around a world, and he gets to stay home and give cats a ride around the house on his head in a basket on a Saturday night.

Oh, did I not mention this before? We have very demanding cats.

Buddy cat head.jpg

Lemme tell you something. If someone told me in my 20's that I would spend Saturday nights in my 40's giving a cat a guided tour of the house in a basket on my head, I would have punched them in the face.

So, annnyway...........This conversation got a bit heated, filled with lots of "I don't know why you need to go back when you been there a million times" and "Why don't you just let me do what I want to do" and blah blah blah blah.

After pizza and a couple of carafes of wine, I was like "You know what, I'm doing it!"

So while Phil drove us home in icy silence, I texted my actor friend, Paul (and fellow drunkard) who I have known since college, and said:

"Phil just told me he's never going to Disney again. F- that. I'm going. Wanna come?"

And seconds later, Paul texted back and said:

"Of course! I'll go to Disney in a heartbeat! Let me know when!!!!!!"

So, there's the very distinct possibility that I might get to return to WDW this year.

I went with Paul once before, and also with our mutual friend, Mario Cantone (the comedian from Sex and the City, The View, etc.) Here we are in a few shots from that trip, impossibly young - The below I think is the Osbourne Lights but someone will correct me if I am wrong:

lights.jpg

And this is the Rainforest Cafe at Animal Kingdom. On this day, Julie Andrews sat down a few tables away from us with a pretty big entourage. What is cooler than seeing Julie Andres at Disney? Mario, being a semi-celeb at the time, went to say hi to her and had a long conversation. Paul and I cowered at our own table and sucked down bloody marys.

Rainforest.JPG

Then there was some shenanigans in front of Dinosaur.

Dino.jpg

And an audience with Pooh.

Pooh.jpg

Oh look. I used to think I was a little surfer, with a little white necklace, and a wacky Hawaiian shirt. Sigh.

Rocket.JPG

And here is Flock of Seagulls, I mean, err, me, riding in a Tomorrowland rocket.

So, this is all my very long winded way of saying that there might be a trip in my near future if I am willing to go through with it and leave Phil at home and take my friend Paul instead.

I just got a text from Paul and he said he can do it in April.

Never been in April. Are there cheerleaders? Tour groups? etc?

Fast passes and reservations for meals probably already gone. Yes? No?

Update. Just got another text from Paul. He says: "Let's book it."

Argghhhhh. I think I am going to go for it. Phil doesn't think I am going to go through with this, but he's the one who started it by saying he will never go again. Ahhh well. He can have a fun time riding cats around on his head while I am riding on a Monorail. I hope this doesn't lead to divorce court.

;)

Stay tuned!

Last edited:

BuddyThomas

Original Poster
Love your title! I laughed out loud because when my daughter was four she invented a game with a similar title. Would love to read another TR by you so I will keep my fingers crossed that it all works out.
LOL - Oh I didn't invent this game. They (2 cats) saw an empty laundry basket one day and jumped in it and just started howling until they were carried around in it. It was totally insane. Now they do it every single time they see an empty laundry basket. We have to make sure we keep clothes in it, or else we will be doing tours of the house on our heads. Also, they recently decided that they are only interested in drinking water if it comes out of a faucet in the tub. But that's another story. Sigh.

Tony the Tigger

LOL - Oh I didn't invent this game. They (2 cats) saw an empty laundry basket one day and jumped in it and just started howling until they were carried around in it. It was totally insane. Now they do it every single time they see an empty laundry basket. We have to make sure we keep clothes in it, or else we will be doing tours of the house on our heads. Also, they recently decided that they are only interested in drinking water if it comes out of a faucet in the tub. But that's another story. Sigh.

My kitty (RIP) used to pee in laundry baskets. I always had to keep it turned upside down.

Were those Mario's Steampipe Alley days?

Were those your Brady Bunch Hawaiian vacation days with Vincent Price? (The tiki!)

Also, I get it – it would be very very weird to go on vacation without Brian.

We often go last week of April/1st week of May because I have a big event every April that starts planning in January and afterwords I *need* a break! Not going to Disney this year, though. (actually driving to Nashville for a music biz conference – so will probably stay in Orlando the first night and at least eat at a WDW resort. But I digress...)

We have always found it a good time to go. Not too busy, not too soon after the flower and Garden Festival starts, so that crowd has died down some. They have added food to that festival now so it is very similar to food and wine. Drinking around the world has a lot more stops! And it's not crazy hot out yet. You have more than enough time to get solid ADRs and fast passes.

A lot of times with certain discounts we have gotten a moderate resort for around $120, and if so, I think that's well worth the $30 more than the value resorts - especially if you are splitting the cost, and especially if Phil may be a last minute addition because you will have more room.

Has to be a bummer that he is apparently so not into it. Brian enjoys it, but I end up doing 100% of the planning. Sometimes it's a little frustrating that he will give no input at all, even if I ask him if there's anything in particular you would like to do he won't have any suggestions. You'd think that would make it easier to plan, but I am always trying to guess what we would both enjoy. And then we always both enjoy everything for the most part LOL.

Have a great red-shirt time!!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
We have to make sure we keep clothes in it, or else we will be doing tours of the house on our heads.
Ahh, but warm towels in a laundry basket are a cat magnet:
image.jpeg

Also, they recently decided that they are only interested in drinking water if it comes out of a faucet in the tub. But that's another story. Sigh.
You mean like this?
image.jpeg

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
While my cat loved to sleep in my laundry basket buried in my dirty clothes, I doubt he would have appreciated me taking him for a ride in the basket on the way to the laundry room. My current darling thinks my desk chair is her bed. That and she will sneakily take my warm spot on the couch when I get up to go to the kitchen. The look on her face when I return to discover she's now occupying the best spot on the couch is priceless. You know that look. "yeah, so you were sitting here, but it's my spot now. What you gonna do about it, huh?"

LAKid53

Premium Member
Ahh, but warm towels in a laundry basket are a cat magnet:
View attachment 129205

You mean like this?
View attachment 129206

Ahhhh. Cats, such amazing animals Hate you one minute and are your BFF the next... And they have an awareness of time and space my dogs never demonstrated. My baby knows based on whether I'm turning left or right in the hallway if she's going to get fed (left for kitchen) or I'm just going to do one of those silly human things, like go to bed (right for bedroom). If I turn left, she's all BFF. If I turn right, she's all Whatever [and at three am will be running up and down the stairs just to prove she's got some nocturnal feline genes]. I have one of those glass cooktops and sometimes in the morning there are little paw prints across the top. What was she chasing across the top of my stove?

LAKid53

Premium Member
What IS it about cats and sinks? My little man never used the sink as a bed, but he sure liked to sit on the toilet and try to stick his paw in the shower curtain while I took a shower - almost as though he was trying to yank it open. Now there's a cat demanding attention, lol.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
All the cat pictures are so funny!!! :hilarious: I have a dog, and he's as crazy as a loon (they say that pets take after their owners . . . :p ) It's amusing that cats and dogs have different preferences for getting into mischief. My dog doesn't care about sinks (he's too big anyway); but he loves laundry day, when there's a pile of laundry on the floor, next to the washing machine. He'll curl up amidst the clothes, and think he's just found Shangri-la! :rolleyes: :D

BuddyThomas

Original Poster
Holy Fancy Feast, Batman! It's turned into a rip-roaring cat-tacular in here! Love it!

Still trying to wrap my head around the details of this possible trip. I'm gonna break it to Phil tomorrow that this is getting serious and we'll see if he throws a fit or not. Too bad I can't go on Super Bowl weekend. He'd be glad to have me out of the house.
:)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Holy Fancy Feast, Batman! It's turned into a rip-roaring cat-tacular in here! Love it!

Still trying to wrap my head around the details of this possible trip. I'm gonna break it to Phil tomorrow that this is getting serious and we'll see if he throws a fit or not. Too bad I can't go on Super Bowl weekend. He'd be glad to have me out of the house.
:)
Good luck xoxo

bee

tumblr_o235icDIxU1qih9ceo1_400.jpg

tumblr_o235icDIxU1qih9ceo2_1280.jpg

Meet Frisky. She is my wife M's cat from when M was a little girl. Frisky is nearing 20 years old now and lives in Florida with M's parents. She is quite fluffy so she looks like a normal-sized cat but underneath that fluff she is super tiny, like almost kitten tiny (the above suitcase is a carryon size, for reference). She LOVES sitting in suitcases! Any time any suitcase comes out for any reason, you WILL find her in it!

catmom46

tumblr_o235icDIxU1qih9ceo1_400.jpg

tumblr_o235icDIxU1qih9ceo2_1280.jpg

Meet Frisky. She is my wife M's cat from when M was a little girl. Frisky is nearing 20 years old now and lives in Florida with M's parents. She is quite fluffy so she looks like a normal-sized cat but underneath that fluff she is super tiny, like almost kitten tiny (the above suitcase is a carryon size, for reference). She LOVES sitting in suitcases! Any time any suitcase comes out for any reason, you WILL find her in it!

Awww, so sweet! I also named my first cat Frisky and she was a tortoiseshell, too. :cat:

Raven66

LOL - Also, they recently decided that they are only interested in drinking water if it comes out of a faucet in the tub. But that's another story. Sigh.

We had a cat that would only drink out of the faucet. She flatly refused to drink out of a bowl. I think she thought she was just to high and mighty for such a commoner thing. She's been gone for about 10 yrs and I still miss her. She was 15 when she developed kidney problems. I hope my other cat doesn't read this but her and the other cat we had at the time (he is now gone too. Liver problems) were my all time favorites,

Go on your trip and have fun!! But in case he does throw a fit is there a way you can secretly buy him a ticket and when he says I want to go, you can whip it out and say I KNEW YOU WERE GONNA SAY THAT!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom