A bus from Swan/Dolphin to Epcot in the morning?

HSV-Fan-92

Hey everybody,
I am new here and its my first post. I am from germany, so dont be to hard with my english ;).

Me and my parents are going to wdw in the summer and we are staying in the Dolphin resort. We already made some plans for our stay and we came to a point where we need your help :p. One day we wanted to go to Epcot in the morning but I noticed that there is just a boattransfer to the International Gateway wich leads to WS. But I thougt WS opens an our after FW! So is there a chance to get to the Main Entrance of Epcot so we can be first in line, as we usually try to be :D?

Many greetings from Germany
HSV-Fan-92

a2grafix

Your mother and father can walk to Ecpot by using the international gateway between France and England. The Swan and Dolphin have a tram and water taxi to transport resort guests. You and your mother and father can also walk the trail, which will take them past the Boardwalk to World Showcase.

There is no need to take a bus to the entrance of Epcot. But once your mother and father are in Epcot and would like to transfer to, say, Animal Kingdom, they can do so via a Disney bus.

If your mother and father would like to visit Hollywood Studios, they can take the walking trail to the studios park, which is between the Swan, Dolphin, Boardwalk and Yacht/Beach Club resorts.

And yes, Future World opens in the morning, then around 1100 is when World Showcase opens. I do not believe World Showcase is roped off. I believe you can walk around WS but all of the countries will be closed until that section of the park opens at 1100.

Best of luck and enjoy!

Upvote 0

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Hey everybody,
I am new here and its my first post. I am from germany, so dont be to hard with my english ;).

Me and my parents are going to wdw in the summer and we are staying in the Dolphin resort. We already made some plans for our stay and we came to a point where we need your help :p. One day we wanted to go to Epcot in the morning but I noticed that there is just a boattransfer to the International Gateway wich leads to WS. But I thougt WS opens an our after FW! So is there a chance to get to the Main Entrance of Epcot so we can be first in line, as we usually try to be :D?

Many greetings from Germany
HSV-Fan-92

Welcome to WDWMAGIC. Your English is great! If you hadn't said anything I wouldnt have known you didn't speak English natively.

Once you get to WS you will be able to walk through to FW. However, none of the attractions in WS will be open. Its a very nice walk actually, as there wont be many people around.

To get to the International gateway you can take the boat from the Dolphin, or you can walk. Its only a 5 min walk from the Dophin to the WS Internationbal Gateway.

Have a great trip!

Upvote 0

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Your mother and father can walk to Ecpot by using the international gateway between France and England. The Swan and Dolphin have a tram and water taxi to transport resort guests.

There isn't a tram from the Swan and Dolphin. It's boat or foot. :wave:

Upvote 0

hansel1

As you enter epcot through international gateway, the bridge to france is roped off with a cast member letting you know it won't open until 11:00 a.m.. You can walk to future world through the U.K. and Canada pavillians.

Upvote 0

a2grafix

There isn't a tram from the Swan and Dolphin. It's boat or foot. :wave:

Oh, I thoght there was. At least there was when my family and I stayed at the Swan back in the 1990s. I guess that was then. I remember it being a big pink / purple / blue-green colored tram, but I guess that was just for Swan and Dolphin guests before Boardwalk was built.

Still though, the walking path is a nice 5 minute walk as you said. I love the fact that you can exit/enter the International Gateway in WS, take the walking path through Boardwalk or around the Beach/Yacht Club, and continue on to Hollywood Studios. It's a great walk!

Upvote 0

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Oh, I thoght there was. At least there was when my family and I stayed at the Swan back in the 1990s. I guess that was then. I remember it being a big pink / purple / blue-green colored tram, but I guess that was just for Swan and Dolphin guests before Boardwalk was built.

You dont happen to have any photos of it do you? It's been long gone and I never got actually see it.

Upvote 0

a2grafix

You dont happen to have any photos of it do you? It's been long gone and I never got actually see it.

It might take a while. Have to go into my photo storeage place (a big old box of photos from years gone by). I have been fortunate, like some on this board, to visit and vacation at disney for most of my child and adult life. My earliest memory is when I was 6 and visited in Spring 1977.

I've got "archived" pictures from the mid-1970s through 1993 -- WDW 10th/15th anniversary stuff, Minnie as a geisha costume in Japan, Goody as a Canadian Mountie, The Country Bears in those old steel strollers racing in the "old" Tommorowland, Dreamfinder and Figment outside Imagination, the old Dipmoblile from Who Framed Roger Rabbit, some scenes of D_ick Tracy's backlot tram tour show, etc.

As I said it might take a while, but I will let you know what I find. I remember staying with my family at the Swan in 1987 and 1990 and one of those trips and land was cleared for the Boardwalk district and resort. I distinctly remember a greenish/pink purple tram that took guests from the Swan and Dolphin to the Intl Gateway at WS.

Unfortunately I have to scan the images in. Maybe that will be a nice pet project of mine -- Disney through my eyes from 1977-1993 (and 1999 Anaheim, and WDW 2007 / 2008).

Upvote 0

HSV-Fan-92

Original Poster
hmm, I dont really now but I think there actually was a tram when we visited the Boardwalk area LAST year. I am not sure but I have something like that in mind. It was when Fay hit wdw, so maybe they put out the tram just for bad weather? But as I said, I am not sure either. :veryconfu

Upvote 0

maelstrom

It looked just like a parking lot tram (well, it probably *was* a parking lot tram at one point) except it was pink and teal like the Swan & Dolphin. I don't have any pictures of it, though. :( I remember using it in 1993 when we stayed at the Dolphin for a convention. My mom and I would take the tram to Epcot and walk around, while my dad was doing convention stuff.

HSV-Fan-92 said:
hmm, I dont really now but I think there actually was a tram when we visited the Boardwalk area LAST year. I am not sure but I have something like that in mind. It was when Fay hit wdw, so maybe they put out the tram just for bad weather? But as I said, I am not sure either.

Nope. There's actually poles in the ground blocking the tram route to Epcot. And the tram station at Epcot has its sign covered over and is blocked off by planters a lot of the time.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom