A bit of advice...I Won't be popular for this

JustJude

I'm looking for a bit of advice. I appear to be 1 of 2 people on the planet that wasn't particularly fussed for frozen. Since the film it's almost become hate for it because it's everywhere, can't get away from it. I am a September traveller and I'm now gutted my trip to HS is now pretty much ruined :(

Please can someone tell me the music and events are easy to avoid and tips on how to avoid it?

I know this won't be a popular post as well it appears everyone has love for it but sadly I don't!

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I'm looking for a bit of advice. I appear to be 1 of 2 people on the planet that wasn't particularly fussed for frozen. Since the film it's almost become hate for it because it's everywhere, can't get away from it. I am a September traveller and I'm now gutted my trip to HS is now pretty much ruined :(

Please can someone tell me the music and events are easy to avoid and tips on how to avoid it?

I know this won't be a popular post as well it appears everyone has love for it but sadly I don't!
Possibly get earplugs or a prescription for a sedative? My guess is that you would have a difficult time walking into any gift shop.

Upvote 0

dadddio

Does 'gutted' mean 'bummed' or 'destroyed'?

Upvote 0

PARichards

:(

According to the sitethatmustnotbenamed:

If at RD -> "Guests taking a right on Sunset Boulevard toward Tower of Terror and Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster won’t have an opportunity to see the show at the stage in front of the Hat." This in reference to the new opening Frozen-themed "ceremony" at RD.

Find yourself a show for the 1100 "parade" and avoid Wandering Oaken's Trading Post, and looks like you should be good until the fireworks.

Upvote 0

BrianV

If you go during the week, you'll have less to avoid since the fireworks are pretty much weekends only.

Bummer, I didn't know that! Was looking forward to seeing them, but don't think we'll be able to now. Maybe if I move some things around.

Upvote 0

DVCPluto

Thanks for asking @SugarRush ... My DS6 is not a fan either, so he gets a bit grumpy when he hears any of the songs. However, he's 6, so I can slowly brainwash him that, at the very least, Olaf is cool. Seems to be working. We're going in Dec and even though parades/fireworks will change, I've got to imagine that winter time is going to increase the Frozen flare.

Upvote 0

Rob562

I just double checked and fireworks are nightly (except August 23) until September when they move to weekends. Phew!!

Yup. The OP was talking about the Frozen stuff being extended into September during his trip, so that was why I posted it was only the weekends for the fireworks.

-Rob

Upvote 0

BrianV

I saw that too. My bad--sorry. But not after a little panic. (Not that frozen fireworks are worth panic, but all our plans and fastpasses were based on seeing Monday frozen fireworks!)

Yup. The OP was talking about the Frozen stuff being extended into September during his trip, so that was why I posted it was only the weekends for the fireworks.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Figaro928

You can just let it go...let it go...
sorry had to.. i have a 4 year old daughter so I'm sympathetic to the cause...We just had her 4th birthday party & 7 out of the 11 presents were Frozen-based, 5 of which make some sort of noise. :banghead: :arghh:
I was impartial to it at first, thought it was cutesy- but now I may start admitting to war crimes if i have to keep listening to the soundtrack....

Maybe go to HS in the evening hours, that way there will be less sugar-fueled mini-Elsa's running around singing at the top of their lungs....

Upvote 0

Daxiegirl

We love Frozen but I'm with you @SugarRush and are going to be trying very hard to avoid all the events while we are there. Mostly because we want to experience as much as possible in one day.

We have only one day scheduled for HS and of course it's a Sunday.

@PARichards and @Rob562 's tips look promising. I guess it will be all about researching those parade routes and event locations to avoid....

He he it's actually kind of funny that in order to avoid your disliked Frozen, you are going to have to so some extra research on it ;):p:rolleyes:.

(Is it bad that in order to get a plush Sven for my DD I'm likely going to have to have one shipped to my resort so I don't have to subject myself to the craziness of Oaken's Trading Post? -
that is bad....and somehow just not right...you'd think Disney would get its act together and make it possible for me to shop from the TV in my room. Wait, that would mean that I wouldn't buy the extra things that I see in the store....riiight. :facepalm:)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom