Pre-Trip A Birthday, a First Trip, and a Solo Flight with Two Kiddos, Oh My!

Now that my teeny tiny countdown is FINALLY on, I've decided to unload my Pre-Trip Report on all of you fine people.
As some of you may, or may not, remember, my most recent trip was held off until May due to the arrival of my newest monster on October 4, 2017. We were initially going to plan for April, but the week of my daughter's birthday (May 17th) happened to be free so we decided to push it out a bit so that we can be there to celebrate the big 0-7!
Screenshot_20180424-131505.jpg

The Countdown has begun!
The Easter Bunny brought each of us new ears and each of the kiddos a new Disney bathing suit and matching personalized towel.

IMG_20180401_081728_067.jpg

Momma also got some ears!
Introducing Allyson (6), Liam (6m), and me, Kim!

Our rough plan as of today:

Thursday, May 10, 2018:
I'll work until 12:00pm and head to pick up both of my munchkins from school/daycare and stop at home for a bathroom break and to get into my brother's truck - he's driving us to the airport!
We'll then head to PHL (about an hour) where I'll have one bag to check and then the diaper bag and a backpack with flight nonsense (iPad, toys for the baby, etc) that we'll keep with us. Our flight is scheduled to leave at 4:35pm.
We will (hopefully) land at MCO around 7:00pm ish and then take the Magical Express to our home for just a couple of days, Art of Animation!
I've been DYING to stay here since it opened, so I figured I'd splurge a little since it's only a few days.
We'll probably have to find somewhere to eat pretty much right when we get there and will probably head right to bed.

Friday, May 11, 2018:
9:35am reservation at Ohana - might change though
Pool / Disney Springs Day!

Saturday, May 12, 2018:
2:35pm reservation at 1900 Park Fare.

Sunday, May 13, 2018:
The arrival of my parents, otherwise known as Mom-Mom and Pop-Pop, as well as my mom's dad.
Leaving AoA
Enjoying some mini golf
4:50pm reservation at Chef Mickey's.
Moving over to the time share that my mom's dad is letting us crash at for the entire week.

Monday, May 14, 2018:
Epcot Day!
Fast Passes planned for Soarin', Disney Friends Meet and Greet - will probably change since we'll see them at Chef Mickey's - and Spaceship Earth

Tuesday, May 15, 2018:
Magic Kingdom; Day 1
Fast Passes planned for Thunder Mountain Railroad, Haunted Mansion, and Winnie the Pooh.

Wednesday, May 16, 2018:
Universal w/ Park to Park Passes

Thursday, May 17th, 2018:
Allyson's 7th Birthday!
Bippidi Boppidi Boutique at 8:55am (Disney Springs)
My ex, both kids' dad, will be flying in and landing around 9:30am to surprise Allyson for her birthday. She was really bummed she wouldn't see daddy on her birthday so he worked out his schedule so he can come down for a few days.
Magic Kingdom for the rest of the Day!
Fast Passes for Buzz Lightyear Ranger Spin, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, and Peter Pan's Flight.

Friday, May 18th, 2018:
Animal Kingdom!
Fast Passes for Na'vi River Journey, Kilimanjaro Safaris, and Primeval Whirl.

Saturday, May 19, 2018:
Another pool Day!
Enjoying our last full day.

Sunday, May 20th, 2018:
Last minute shopping and the flying home. Our flight leaves MCO at 5:00pm.

Let me know if you have any suggestions or other ideas! Especially on tips for getting through a flight with a six year old and a 7 month old. 🤤

kimberlymautz

Original Poster
We will be there around the same time. I can't believe how soon it's coming up!

I know! My daughter has a countdown next to her bed and everyday and wakes up screaming "ONLY -- MORE DAYS!"

10 more days for us too.................
AHH! That's so exciting! Have a great time!

This sounds like a fun trip!! I'm in!

I sure hope So! Thank you!

Sounds like a great trip. Looking forward to reading all about it!

Thank you! I'm excited! I'm sure I'll have minor tweaks to make, but I think I'm happy with it so far. 😊

kimberlymautz

Original Poster
Two days until take off!

Also, you guys are the only ones that will be excited with me. I somehow was able to snag a reservation for 'Ohana dinner on Saturday night! So excited. Everyone on here is always raving about it so I'm REALLY looking forward to it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom