A Beastly Kingdom thought

james4023464

Original Poster
O.K guys I know we havn't talked about this topic in a long time but I want to bring somthing up. Reign of Fire sort of bombed in the movie theatre, only racking up about 50 mil. Does this mean a new topic on a ride that is not based on Reign of Fire. And one more thing the Animal Kingdom speacial comes on tomorow on the Travel Channel, do you think they will talk about Beastly Kingdom or maybe on the imagineer special tonight. I hope this project finally gets green lighted because it sounds awsome and it would really help out Animal Kingdom, anybody got any thoughts about this.

ToTBellHop

I would imagine they will talk about the future of the park tomorrow night...most of these Travel Channel specials end with an outlook of that sort. As for Beastly...I don't really know anymore...I had been sure it would become a reality, but I'm not so sure know; I certainly hope it does, and I'm sure we will see some sort of new land in the next five years(by necessity, really...this park is young and needs to expand), but rumors are all over the place...it could be anything.

Lance

Originally posted by james4023464
Reign of Fire sort of bombed in the movie theatre, only racking up about 50 mil. Does this mean a new topic on a ride that is not based on Reign of Fire.

Yeah, it really did tank, Disney probably wanted at least $150 million or some ridiculous number.

I did my part, I saw it twice!!!

I believe Beastly Kingdom is dead.

Sketch105

I really hope they do. They've already shown us examples of the freestanding audio animatronics they've created, and they released previously unseen concept art of Mission Space.

I'm a big fan of the entire Beastly Kingdom concept. While others say its dead, I think we'll see it arise in some sort of form or another. preferably its original from..:)

yankeeboy1638

Considering how Disney seems to be realizing their recent mistakes ( such as DCA and other areas that didn't get the budget they needed or deserved) and that they are trying to fix these mistakes (with the new Flik area at DCA, the rumored rehabs for Epcot, and the painting that seems to be going on everywhere) maybe Disney will soon give BK the green light to help Animal Kingdom become an even better park and to help raise attendance at the park. It probably will not happen soon in the future but maybe they will give the money for the project to be completed sometime around 2006-07, after Disneyland's 50th birthday and after most of the planning of the Hong Kong park.

Hey, you never know, especially if attendance does not pick up as the economy improves......

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
While the AK show on the Travel Channel didn't mention any specifics about the future, I believe something big will happen within the next five years. I also believe it will center around a "fantasy creature" area. Maybe it won't be Beastly Kingdom, but I bet it will involve all those mythical creatures the imagineers have talked about. Even though Eisners marks are low at the moment, I'm sure it's driving him crazy that there is a dragon in the AK logo, but none to be found in the park. Maybe his last big mark in the company will be to green light some type of re-packaged BK area. Let's hope so.

Scar Junior

Though it sounds like a broken record "I hope they greenlight BK and soon!".

But as we all know the dragon is in the logo. I compare this to the "time rovers" at Dinosaur. Little do people realize they still say CTX Rover on them. A shame... A damn shame...

I think it is very symbolic of the Disney of the early 21st century. A little fluke on a canceled project with visible signs but is overlooked by the general public. I mean, what tourist really thinks "I wonder why we parked in the unicorn lot if there are no unicorns in the park".

space42

Originally posted by disneyprep50321
I don't know, after watching the show on DisneySeas, that's what I would like to see next!

Wouldn't we all...

The thing about DisneySeas is that many of those attractions WERE designed for US parks. Journey to the Center of the Earth started out as "Fire Mountain" (if you need furthur evidence.. go back and read those Fire Mountain rumors again.. being shot out of the side of a volcano.. hmm where did I hear this before..) Mermade lagoon was the concept for replacing 20k leagues.

Perhaps we'll see some of these attractions in the US in the future?

About BK. A project is never really dead at WDI. It could still be built, but I doubt it.

Katherine

I think something from disneyseas would be so cool! I had never seen the park that much before and the special was awesome. I wish they would put like ariel's grotto in or Journey to the center of the earth. That would be awesome! I also think that BK sounds so cool either would be a great addition to the WDW!:kiss:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom