A, B, C, D, or E Ticket?

UNCgolf

Well a few added scenes from my standpoint would make the ride substantially stronger. So that information alone is more than enough for me to call it a D ticket.

I personally don't think the base of FEA is good enough for it to ever be more than a C ticket, but that's not really the point I'm making anyways.

Do you not agree that it would have made more sense for them to design a new ride rather than stick with one that was built with significant constraints? I'm just baffled that they thought that was a good idea.

justintheharris

I personally don't think the base of FEA is good enough for it to ever be more than a C ticket, but that's not really the point I'm making anyways.

Do you not agree that it would have made more sense for them to design a new ride rather than stick with one that was built with significant constraints? I'm just baffled that they thought that was a good idea.
Of course I think they should design a new ride from scratch but I also understand why Frozen went into Norway. At the time, Epcot was not garnering much attention and you would be surprised how many parents take their kids to Epcot to meet Anna and Elsa, ride the Frozen ride and immediately leave. Yes, Maelstrom made more sense in the pavilion but I accept the fact it's gone.

ps. For anyone bitter about the Frozen takeover of Maelstrom, there's a silver lining that it probably saved us from having an all out Frozen themed land somewhere on property. But that's a different topic.

UNCgolf

Of course I think they should design a new ride from scratch but I also understand why Frozen went into Norway. At the time, Epcot was not garnering much attention and you would be surprised how many parents take their kids to Epcot to meet Anna and Elsa, ride the Frozen ride and immediately leave. Yes, Maelstrom made more sense in the pavilion but I accept the fact it's gone.

ps. For anyone bitter about the Frozen takeover of Maelstrom, there's a silver lining that it probably saved us from having an all out Frozen themed land somewhere on property. But that's a different topic.

Oh I'm moving past the EPCOT version -- it was built with significant constraints and it is what it is.

I'm talking about the version in Paris (and Hong Kong?). I don't understand why they are using FEA at all. It doesn't make any sense to take that retrofitted ride and use it as the base for all Frozen attractions being built from scratch elsewhere. I'm sure that's not the ride they would have built at WDW if they weren't forced to fit it into the existing Malestrom location, so why are you forcing those same constraints on new locations? Adding a couple of scenes and plussing the rest of the attraction will make it better, but they aren't going to suddenly turn it into something really amazing. WDI could built something significantly better than FEA if they were allowed to.

Saving money is the only real reason to do so.

bryanfze55

It is going to be larger with more scenes. That's not what I'm saying.

According to Martin (I asked him in another thread), they're still using FEA as a base, which means it's still going to essentially be a book report ride with a few scattered scenes of the characters. It'll have most or all of the same scenes as FEA with a couple added. They should have used the opportunity to build something new and exciting -- there's no way they would have built FEA at WDW if they'd been able to design it from scratch; it only exists the way it does because that was all they could do in the Maelstrom space.

@marni1971 Wanted to make sure I'm right and not misremembering what you said. It's basically just going to be an upgraded FEA with a couple of extra scenes, right?

EDIT: I'm not sure calling it a book report ride is accurate. Is there even a book report style plot in FEA? Now that I'm thinking about it, it felt like it was just some scenes showing you Frozen characters without any specific beginning or ending, but I could be remembering it wrong.

I don’t think FEA is a book report ride. It basically has no plot. I would compare it more closely to Na’Vi River Journey than Little Mermaid. In FEA and NRJ, the real highlight is just taking a boat ride through visually magnificent show scenes. Both rides look great, and I’m a sucker for a boat ride. But there’s no soul. I still enjoy both of them, though.

Little Mermaid is actually my least favorite Disney dark ride on either coast. It was very poorly done.

UNCgolf

I don’t think FEA is a book report ride. It basically has no plot. I would compare it more closely to Na’Vi River Journey than Little Mermaid. In FEA and NRJ, the real highlight is just taking a boat ride through visually magnificent show scenes. Both rides look great, and I’m a sucker for a boat ride. But there’s no soul. I still enjoy both of them, though.

Little Mermaid is actually my least favorite Disney dark ride on either coast. It was very poorly done.

What you're describing is exactly why I like NRJ (while admitting it should have been much better), but I didn't get that feeling from Frozen Ever After. I just remember some pretty impressive animatronics with everything else feeling static and underbuilt.

I also completely agree that Little Mermaid is embarrassingly bad, especially when you compare it to the original concept.

justintheharris

Oh I'm moving past the EPCOT version -- it was built with significant constraints and it is what it is.

I'm talking about the version in Paris (and Hong Kong?). I don't understand why they are using FEA at all. It doesn't make any sense to take that retrofitted ride and use it as the base for all Frozen attractions being built from scratch elsewhere. I'm sure that's not the ride they would have built at WDW if they weren't forced to fit it into the existing Malestrom location, so why are you forcing those same constraints on new locations? Adding a couple of scenes and plussing the rest of the attraction will make it better, but they aren't going to suddenly turn it into something really amazing. WDI could built something significantly better than FEA if they were allowed to.

Saving money is the only real reason to do so.
Well I would overall reserve judgement because it's hard to say "this definitely won't work as a boat ride" before the ride is even done. It really will depend on how much creative liberty they take upon the original version of the ride. They don't have to necessarily scrap the WDW one altogether to still pull off a much better quality version but yes, perhaps it's not the best starting point. But is ANY starting point really better than "the sky's the limit?"

The_Jobu

Just to follow up in case anyone was interested in the results:

E Ticket Attractions:
View attachment 458479
D Ticket Attractions:
View attachment 458480
C Ticket Attractions:
View attachment 458481
B Ticket Attractions:
View attachment 458486
A Ticket Attractions:
View attachment 458487
Attractions that would not Require a Ticket:
View attachment 458488

There were some interesting results, and trying to lump certain attractions into a Ticket was tough. Let me know if you want to see the breakdown of any of the attractions!
A few of those E tickets are baffling

Purduevian

Original Poster
Frozen Ever After as an E-ticket is hilarious. It would be by far the worst E-ticket ever built; it's a disappointment even as a C-ticket. It's especially bizarre since the voters correctly identified Little Mermaid and Winnie the Pooh as C-tickets and Frozen Ever After is no better than either of those rides.

They correspond to FP+ tiers, though, which is probably why people voted that way.

It seems like an extra 3 people slipped into the polls between me posting results and closing the voting. These 3 votes were all for Frozen being a D ticket. I looks like Frozen has dropped from an E to a D since I posted. It was originally 44% E with 1%F and 41%D.
1585574583133.png

Those who did not vote Pirates or Mansion as E tickets are people of very low intelligence.
Pie charts for Pirates:
1585574618933.png

and Mansion:
1585574652333.png

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom