Trip Report *COMPLETED*A 21st, a first timer, stuck on tower of terror and the never ending rain trip report!

Hi guys! Came back from my trip to Disneyworld Wednesday and decided I best start my report as soon as, considering I slacked on notes and I’m going mainly off memory :banghead:

You can find my failed pre trip report here: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/a-21st-and-a-first-timer-pre-trip-report.938537/

This is my first time doing a report so go easy on me and my rubbish photograph skills!!

Who: Me and boyfriend Reece.
Why: My 21st and his first time. This is my 5th trip to Disney and was the best one yet!!
Where: Caribbean beach
8th May till 22nd!

*** EDIT It has been brought to my attention I forgot to add a photo of said boyfriend and replaced him with my dog. Here we are ***
4D08F747-847B-4FAC-A7C1-46A6E7B674BE.jpeg

7A593074-B5B2-4345-B9E8-E5C1FAE26EF5.jpeg

Me forcing my dog to take photos before I leave him for two weeks.

So my travelling started a day early on the 7th which was a bank holiday over here in England. We had a few hiccups the days leading up which caused a little bit of stress. First issue we ran into was I had a prescription in the chemist which was closed until Tuesday the day we fly, so I had no chance of picking it up as we leave Monday. I rang multiple chemists open near me to see if they could help until I finally got told to ring the NHS who sent an emergency prescription over to a chemist quite far away. The pharmacist wasn’t very helpful and continuously asking me why I needed to use that service. Because I have nothing better to do on my Friday night sir :rolleyes:.

Finally got my prescription and all is good until I pack the last bits of my suitcase and surprise it’s 5KG over! After weighing Reeces he didn’t have much extra space in suitcase but his hand luggage was empty. After chucking some things and filling his bag I was good to go.

So I pick my hand luggage up and the strap snaps off. At this point me and my dad are just staring at it with disbelief, I managed to find the screw that kept it together and we fixed it, so we thought.

Brings us to Monday morning the day we leave for the airport and it’s time to check in and choose seats. We had been monitoring the seats closely for a very long time and they was plenty left, until the last 15 minutes. EVERY single row was full with no seats together!! We were flying with Virgin Atlantic and noticed they was one row in the upstairs bubble had became free! Previously someone had booked one seat in the middle of three obviously in hope to have a row to themselves but for some reason all three seats were now available.

Not wanting to take chances we booked the two seats and paid for them. We ended up having nobody sat next to us either!

At this point I’m hoping, praying in fact nothing else goes wrong like flight delay or anything. Slowly 2pm rolled around and we departed for Manchester Airport, no traffic and everything was plain sailing. The terminal 2 long stay car park was full so we ended up booking terminal 3 and praying the awful reviews were wrong. We managed to get on the shuttle bus (managed being key word, he tried to go past us), he blazed around the corner at a ridiculous speed all the suitcases were falling and he wouldn’t stop to let people put them in the storage racks.

Finally we got to our stop and I pick up my bag and boom the handle snaps off again. It’s 27 degrees (about 80F) now I know this doesn’t sound that hot but I promise you 27 in England feels ten times hotter than 27 in Orlando. The heat was ridiculous and we had a 15 minute walk to our hotel pulling the suitcases and carrying a broken bag. We had plans to go walk the pub and watch planes but we ended up staying in the room with air conditioning full blast and ordered a dominos :banghead:

We stayed in the Crowne Plaza (no photos I was too annoyed with the world) it was fine, clean and done the job. We could see planes land from our room.

As the night goes on my throat becomes raw and my nose is sniffy, in a panic I overdosed on vitamins and prayed it was allergies.

It wasn’t.

Last edited:

LauraRose

Original Poster
We had a nice slow wander down main street and a stroll through the shops, I of course had to get some more strawberries.
1EBA9CCC-BA8B-4B48-A90A-6F3F23B05C27.jpeg
E7E06F62-AAFE-4EBF-B1FC-4FE725595815.jpeg
7A9316E8-D47D-4C09-98F2-062C51BB4ED8.jpeg
92160492-6D54-4691-9F59-1DD3DE681589.jpeg
We decided in the spur of the moment to check the pandora shop on main street if they had the necklace I liked. We didn’t have high hopes but guess who got lucky!! I was so happy and it was the perfect end to the day!
50042D46-8DB6-47D5-85C9-9B6356128FB1.jpeg

With a tear stained face it was time to say goodbye and blow a kiss to the castle. As much as I love all the other parks they is something about leaving magic kingdom that hurts that little bit more. At the time I didn’t think we would be back for a few years. If I would of known we was going back next year I wouldn’t have been as upset!

Farewell Cinderella castle ♥️
536B3CFA-341C-48DC-92A2-6CECDFC886B6.jpeg

And that concludes our final day in the parks.

Tomorrow; Disney Springs and home time

LauraRose

Original Poster
Day 14; home time :cry:

With our cases packed and travel clothes on we waited for bell hop to collect our suitcases and walked out of room 2426 for the final time. I loved that room and I’m a tiny bit sad we aren’t staying in CBR next year but Coronado does looks beautiful.

We got the bus over to Disney Springs, neither of us wanted to do a park day because didn’t want to rush or miss the magical express and we had already said our goodbyes. I tried to get rid of my last bit of dollars and bought a pandora charm. My whole pandora bracelet is Disney Park charms which I buy every visit, but they wasn’t really one I wanted. I bought a cute bunny instead.
AAEE31B0-1079-46B9-BE19-BA2DDAFD68B4.jpeg

I love the world of Disney! The clothes section makes me happy:inlove::depressed:
5EFB4A0E-897D-48B8-8A63-7755170EF889.jpeg
A635EA26-620B-40D2-9209-6B755D390BD8.jpeg
This was a watermelon slushy but it was sooo sour! I couldn’t drink it.
3BBB0231-3BF0-4538-98DE-27915B57BC2A.jpeg

I love the burgers here!!! So yummy:inlove:.
F18D8DF1-386E-4B5C-B58F-7D5A79A7550E.jpeg

We only had a hour or two because we still had to get back the resort then catch the internal shuttle. Why does the magical express have to come so early :cry:.
We made our way back to the bus stops and got lucky with a bus coming.
We got off at our building stop, Martinique and waited for the internal bus.
093142E2-5EE3-452C-AB09-40F69EFC7704.jpeg

Goodbye bus stop:cry:. We jumped on the bus with some other sad guests departing and made our way to the lobby.
The magical express came pretty quick and even earlier than we thought it would. It seems a very long drive to the airport when your coming home.
A5D94A4D-F1E5-4D6B-AF57-95CE821FB003.jpeg

Reece’s attempt to pull a sad face resulted in him pouting:facepalm:.
Check in was a nightmare my passport wouldn’t scan but was okay in the end. We had a long wait before we could enter security (what’s that all about?) so we got some ice cream. The flavour I wanted had ran out so I had to settle for cookie dough.
48C7A61C-1637-4E27-A453-FD1877CFBAD5.jpeg

We finally was able to go through security which went smoothly enough. Then was the waiting game. Our flight was delayed about a hour I believe which isn’t bad but just annoying when you’ve already been at the airport for hours sitting around.
CB5B3ED3-C1EC-4A14-AEF8-93FCE26DAD17.jpeg

54F418F8-E59D-4FC1-A2BC-B270F66FCE9E.png

Finally was time to board. Flight was uneventful except a family on fronts seats had been messed up and we somehow got the blame until they realised it was the seats in front had been overbooked. We ended up with a empty chair next to us so that was great.

Well if you got this far folks, congratulations! Thank you to everyone who has stuck with me through this report. I will finally be able to read other trip reports without feeling guilty! Overall this was a perfect trip and despite the rain I still wouldn’t have changed anything. We are both so excited to be going back (210 days), although the past few months have been tough the thought of Disney gets me through it knowing I’ll have two whole weeks in bliss where nothing can bother me.

I can’t wait to try new dining experiences and see Toy Story land. I highly doubt l will be reporting that trip due to this one being a complete fail:joyfull:. Thank you all again, I hope everyone has a magical week!!

LucaFantillusion

So nice to read about your experience LauraRose! Thanks for the hard work of transcribing the excitement of your trip into words and pictures (not an easy task I admit but you nailed it to my opinion!)

LauraRose

Original Poster
So nice to read about your experience LauraRose! Thanks for the hard work of transcribing the excitement of your trip into words and pictures (not an easy task I admit but you nailed it to my opinion!)
Thank you! I struggled with that I do hope it came across in words, it’s hard to write how amazing a trip is! Thanks for reading!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom