9pm MCO flight on disembarkation day, what to do with bags?

iubigman

Original Poster
Hi folks, we are taking the 4/1/2023 7 Night cruise on the Fantasy. On the return date of 4/8 our flight home isn't until 9pm. We are planning to maybe to go Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach for the day.

This is our first Disney Cruise from PC. Does anybody have any tips, or know the best way to deal with our checked bags? Currently I have not yet booked transfers back from PC to MCO because wasn't sure what the day would look like. If you book through DCL, do they take your bags and check them directly?

Thanks!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
It's been awhile since I cruised but I don't think DCL will take your bags to the airport. Since you haven't booked transfers from port to Orlando yet you might want to look into a one way car rental so you can keep your bags in the car.

MaryJaneP

Not recent, but prior to pandemic, booked DCL transport to and from PC/MCO/, for before and after cruise continuity. At that time, DCL DID transport bags to and from PC/MCO. Not sure if that is still the case but price would seem to cover transporting humans and their bags. Maybe worth a call too.

Phonedave

I believe that post Covid DCL has stopped transferring bags. It used to be like RAC at the parks. You left your bags outside your door the night before and you did not see them again until you landed at your final destination airport.

Now you are responsible for moving your own bags. It is kind of like DME was. Leave your bags outside your door. In the morning retrieve them from the port terminal, and then do "whatever" with them.

Whatever can be putting them in the hold of a DLC transfer bus, putting them in the back of a shuttle bus to a rental car location, putting them in the trunk of an Uber, or anything else you can imagine.

I see one of two choices.

Rent a one way rental car from PC to MCO. Keep your luggage in the trunk

Book a transfer from PC to WDW and from WDW to MCO. This could be a Black Car, a Uber, a DCL Transfer, a Mears Special, whatever. Book those transfers to and from a WDW Resort, not the water park. (Which one depends on what water part you are going to). Bell Services should hold your bags for you. I cannot find anything that says they will not. Most hotels do this (especially if you tip well), but you may want to do some digging and find out for sure if you can do this.

If money is no object, you could even rent a room. That way bell services would be sure to hold your bags, and the room should be ready early enough that you could even use it to change / shower after your waterpark trip and before you go to the airport.

The waterparks do not have lockers that can fit a full sized suitcase.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom