News Disney raises price of Walt Disney World Annual Passes

Starship824

In the Parks
No
I think a lot of people need to realize something. VOTE WITH YOUR WALLET. I see a lot of people who complain and then say they just renewed their annual pass and booked a stay at a resort. If you're truly upset about these increases, don't go. It's very simple and sends a message. Don't stay on property, don't renew, and don't go to Disney. I know for my family we didn't go from 2018-2021, went in 2022 and 2023 but we didn't stay on property, didn't have annual passes like we used too and didn't go this year and aren't going next year. Everytime they increase prices it's the same conversation and yet they continually do it. You wanna know why they increase prices? Cause people are still paying it.

ToTBellHop

Plus the green stuff they put on the ground in Adventureland. I’m feeling more activated than ever!! #MoreMagic
I spend my entire time in Adventureland fully activated these days. In fact, I deactivate every evening at my hotel room with a cold shower to prevent a heart attack. I’m getting activated just thinking about those rocks! I know EXACTLY what to do with these 1500 dollars just sitting in my trunk!

epcotWSC

I think a lot of people need to realize something. VOTE WITH YOUR WALLET. I see a lot of people who complain and then say they just renewed their annual pass and booked a stay at a resort. If you're truly upset about these increases, don't go. It's very simple and sends a message. Don't stay on property, don't renew, and don't go to Disney. I know for my family we didn't go from 2018-2021, went in 2022 and 2023 but we didn't stay on property, didn't have annual passes like we used too and didn't go this year and aren't going next year. Everytime they increase prices it's the same conversation and yet they continually do it. You wanna know why they increase prices? Cause people are still paying it.
Those of us locked into DVC either need to go every year, have to pawn our points onto someone else (Disney still gets money), or sell the timeshare. Otherwise, you can just go and stay on site and never go to the parks and just treat it as any other vacation resort.

I originally had said that I'd like to go to the parks less days, yet somehow I get roped into going more because Disney forces you to use your tickets in such a short period of time. You have people coming to go to the park with you a week after you get there and suddenly you need a 5 day ticket in order to spread it over 8 days. It's so anti-consumer.

Indy_UK

Iger hopes he can price out some of those filthy APers to make more room for those nice families from Denver.

This is what's they've done in Disneyland Paris. Before, quite a few people from the UK would buy annual passes because its a relatively short drive (4 hours for us) and probably only needed 3 x 2/3 day trips to be up on the separate ticket prices.

The AP prices jumped so much, that those same people probably find more value in Hotel/ticket packages.

Indy_UK

Those of us locked into DVC either need to go every year, have to pawn our points onto someone else (Disney still gets money), or sell the timeshare. Otherwise, you can just go and stay on site and never go to the parks and just treat it as any other vacation resort.

We bought DVC and if it wasn't for the fact I can rent my points out for $18 pp (although not the best value) I would have major regret buying in by now as with the price rises, we wouldn't be able to go every year now.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I spend my entire time in Adventureland fully activated these days. In fact, I deactivate every evening at my hotel room with a cold shower to prevent a heart attack. I’m getting activated just thinking about those rocks! I know EXACTLY what to do with these 1500 dollars just sitting in my trunk!

"Hey Josh (and Jeff Vahle)! Catch!!!"

Throw Away Make It Rain GIF

"Is that enough to get me into MK for a day??"

Ayla

I imagine the original plan was to do this the week of the hurricane concurrent with the DLR price increases.

Well I saved myself $100 by renewing my AP because of it. Now I can blow that savings on a slice of cake and a bottle of water at the Ye Olde Cake Bake Shopee.
Wait, wait, wait ~ You renewed an AP?? And continued to feed the machine you continuously complain about?

bmr1591

I do wonder if opening more tiers to out of state would be beneficial. I know that might lessen Incredipass, but it would probably increase more passholders. While many think they want less passholders, I think they'd prefer more out of state ones because when they come, they still spend money. Local APs, not so much.

Ayla

Donald Duck Thank You GIF by First We Feast

Ayla

I originally had said that I'd like to go to the parks less days, yet somehow I get roped into going more because Disney forces you to use your tickets in such a short period of time. You have people coming to go to the park with you a week after you get there and suddenly you need a 5 day ticket in order to spread it over 8 days. It's so anti-consumer.
I agree about the new stupid restrictions on ticket-use days, but you always have the option to sell if you are that unhappy with the company.

Disstevefan1

You are right of course but If no one complained about anything on these boards, wdwmagic forums would be empty and boring.

epcotWSC

I agree about the new stupid restrictions on ticket-use days, but you always have the option to sell if you are that unhappy with the company.
Sure, but some people (like my wife) have an attachment to such things. I can't even convince her to skip a year, selling the timeshare would be like ripping her heart out.

gerarar

Premium Member
I recently upgraded my ticket to an annual pass a couple weeks ago since it would pay for itself versus getting 3 different tickets on multiple trips that (my friends and) I have planned for the next year. Plus the discounts on hotel, merch, and food.

This is also my first ever AP!

Also got an annual pass-specific survey in my email after my recent visit using my AP for the first time. It's very tedious (and annoying) paying $1.5k+ for an Incredipass then having to go through the motions of booking park reservations. They need to ditch this like they did for regular day tickets. I also expressed my dissatisfaction with the system with guest services when I picked up my physical AP at Animal Kingdom.
1000018250.jpg

SplashJacket

People will do what they want with their money.

If people no longer see value in a Disney vacation at certain prices, they won’t go.

Telling people not to go as a price-sensitive boycott because Scrooge McDuck raised prices is silly.

I don’t care about “sending a message” to Disney about price increases, I want to enjoy a Disney vacation and if that still makes sense for me financially, then it still makes sense.

People spend $1000s a year on season tickets to sporting events, $1000s on concerts, $1000s adding to their gun collections.

Everyone does what they want how they want it, no one likes price increases, but the anti-capitalist stance of “boycott anyone that raises the prices” is laughable.

This is a defensive post, but like how no one wants a Disney CFO telling us we need to lose weight, we also don’t need people to tell us how to spend our money. It’s the same thing for everything. I see it among College and professional sport fandoms, restaurant fans, stores, etc.

Everyone loses customers naturally after price increases. I’m not going to make my life worse by taking some meaningless anti-capitalist position against large corporations in a supposed fight against “greed.” It’s silly

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom