News Membership Magic Beyond

CaptJackSparrow

Personally I’m fine with this, but I can see it being frustrating for others. We come from the UK so get a really good deal on park tickets anyway (we have the DVC AP anyway, so kind of a moot point), and this scheme isn’t taking anything we already have away.

None of the ‘extras’ are compelling either, so its of not interest at all, but at least it’s not going to be a downer and take away something we already have.
You’re being short sighted. Soon all benefits will go through this paid tier. They are boiling the frog, as it were.

nickys

Premium Member
Personally I’m fine with this, but I can see it being frustrating for others. We come from the UK so get a really good deal on park tickets anyway (we have the DVC AP anyway, so kind of a moot point), and this scheme isn’t taking anything we already have away.

None of the ‘extras’ are compelling either, so its of not interest at all, but at least it’s not going to be a downer and take away something we already have.
The only thing that might affect us is a longer wait at the Lounges.

It’s unlikely the tickets will be better value than the U.K. tickets.

But it just smacks of charging for nothing, which leaves a sour taste.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
“Other perks include the ability to purchase the Disney Sorcerer Pass for access to Walt Disney World parks…”

If that means I have to pay $99/person just to be able to purchase the Sorcerer AP, there may be a strongly worded email going to DVC in the near future.
Yeah, I was questioning this. We already can purchase sorcerer passes, if they upcharge just so we can buy sorcerer passes...

Now if they upcharge so that we can buy Pirate passes or upcharge and then discount sorcerer passes, that's another thing entirely.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
You’re being short sighted. Soon all benefits will go through this paid tier. They are boiling the frog, as it were.
Right. It's very odd to have the annual pass option and day ticket options at different levels.

This started with annual passes when they pulled photopass to make it an add-on. What benefits can be stripped and put into an add-on?

This DVC thing is just another experiment that could eventually grow beyond DVC. For example, imagine an add-on discount program withing APs that includes dining and merch discounts (entirely moving from base AP or instead givng higher discounts), the ability to buy a restarted Tables in Wonderland, discounted lightning lane, etc.

gibsonc

UK Disney Geek
The only thing that might affect us is a longer wait at the Lounges.

It’s unlikely the tickets will be better value than the U.K. tickets.

But it just smacks of charging for nothing, which leaves a sour taste.
The benefits to most UK DVC members would likely be limited, but as we and members from 100 or so other countries are not US residents we can’t choose to have this anyway.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Right. It's very odd to have the annual pass option and day ticket options at different levels.

This started with annual passes when they pulled photopass to make it an add-on. What benefits can be stripped and put into an add-on?

This DVC thing is just another experiment that could eventually grow beyond DVC. For example, imagine an add-on discount program withing APs that includes dining and merch discounts (entirely moving from base AP or instead givng higher discounts), the ability to buy a restarted Tables in Wonderland, discounted lightning lane, etc.

Be Quiet Cut It Out GIF

Indy_UK

Phew,

They have rumoured this extra membership for DVC over the last couple of years and being a resale owners, I thought this would be what really gives me FOMO by not buying direct.

I can safely say that im happy im still just a resale owner. From what I can see it looks like the Sorcerer's pass has been put behind a paywall and even extras in the lounges seem to be behind this paywall too.

The special ticket prices probably still won't beat the UK tickets which come with memory maker anyway.

nickys

Premium Member
Phew,

They have rumoured this extra membership for DVC over the last couple of years and being a resale owners, I thought this would be what really gives me FOMO by not buying direct.

I can safely say that im happy im still just a resale owner. From what I can see it looks like the Sorcerer's pass has been put behind a paywall and even extras in the lounges seem to be behind this paywall too.

The special ticket prices probably still won't beat the UK tickets which come with memory maker anyway.
The Sorcerer’s pass isn’t behind a paywall. You can choose to pay for it with points if you want to.

gibsonc

UK Disney Geek
Oh, Is that why I haven’t had an email?

Who is eligible to purchase the Membership Magic Beyond option?​

The Membership Magic Beyond option is available to DVC members with eligible ownership interests who are U.S. residents and in good standing. Corporate memberships are ineligible. To participate, members must have a valid Disney account tied to their DVC membership.

nickys

Premium Member

Who is eligible to purchase the Membership Magic Beyond option?​

The Membership Magic Beyond option is available to DVC members with eligible ownership interests who are U.S. residents and in good standing. Corporate memberships are ineligible. To participate, members must have a valid Disney account tied to their DVC membership.
Well that’s rubbish too.

Wonder what their excuse is this time. 🙄

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
It appears that Sorcerer AP will still be available for cash purchase for members eligible for Membership Extras. (Unchanged from before)

If for whatever reason you want to throw away points to purchase Sorcerer APs, then the MMB up-charge will allow you to do that.

nickys

Premium Member
It appears that Sorcerer AP will still be available for cash purchase for members eligible for Membership Extras. (Unchanged from before)

If for whatever reason you want to throw away points to purchase Sorcerer APs, then the MMB up-charge will allow you to do that.
That’s what I’ve been saying all along. 🙅‍♀️

Drdcm

Two in a row spend money to spend money policies!!! Let’s see if we can go for a third! “DVC members and those a deluxe resorts as our most esteemed and valued guests have exclusive access to the left sided entrance turnstiles for just $75 a day ($95 at magic kingdom).”

Drdcm

Ok I’m not a dvc member… don’t you all already get special ticket discounts when discounts are available? Are they literally charging you to offer you discounts?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom