Lightning Lane Premier Pass

SoFloMagic

The answer is probably simple. Disney has data that that they think shows that this is a Goldilocks price point that captures people who wants a VIP like your experience but can't quite afford or want to pay that pricetag.

They settle for line skipping but don't need/want/can't afford the catered personal experience.

OR

It's for couples or small groups families/groups that aren't 10 strong to make the hourly rate more acceptable.

OR

People that don't want another person with them throughout their day.

It's the introvert pass.
This pass is an upsell for the rich.
The tour is it's own thing.

Not to mention the tour lets you go to all parks and gives fast transportation between. They'll watch your stroller, get you water, take you backstage instead of having to walk all the way out the front. Plus fireworks and parade viewing. I think there's enough differentiation.

RSoxNo1

This is what I don't understand. I mean, the tickets are good any time, vs a 7-hour VIP tour.

But let's say it's $280 per person per park. For 5 people and 2 parks that's $2,800, which is cheaper than the cheapest VIP tour. Why cannibalize VIP tours like that?
I'm guessing the internal sales pitch is we need to "bridge the gap" between traditional Lightning Lane and VIP tours. If we can offer the primary perk of the VIP tour without a tour guide, let's do that.

RSoxNo1

Surprised they gimped it to deluxe guests only for WDW. Would not be surprised if that factor changes later.
I imagine the crossover is already there anyways. With that said, if it doesn't sell exclusively to that level then they'll open it up. Simple as that.

Vegas Disney Fan

Disney has had options for those with money since nearly the beginning. Hello Club 33.

It just looks different these days.

Welcome to capitalism!
Business class vs economy has been around forever but this new model of basic economy, economy, economy plus, business, and lay flat first class is pretty recent, as is charging extra for carry ons, seat selection, food, drinks, boarding priority, and anything else they can monetize.

I wish they’d just fully embrace it and make it easier for us as guests, package it all together and just let us pick one level rather than having to add a half dozen things individually that each raise the price by $20 a person.

Disney basic, just a ticket… Disney basic plus, a ticket and MLL… Disney extra, a ticket, MLL, and ILL… Disney first, add the the premium LL… Disney premier, add a VIP tour. Would be a lot simpler and easier to compare prices rather than having to add a half dozen options first just to see what the final price will be.

Batman'sParents

What the?

The funny thing is with this new option. A VIP Tour is of better value if you can join a group that is already doing it. Even with the tip, it could still be less than this new lightning lane premier option, and you get better benefits.

That and the 2025 After Hours events are a great value compared to regular tickets. Lower wait times, a warm vacation, and no lightning lanes are required.

SoFloMagic

This will be the end of the multi pass, they are piloting it at deluxe resorts. If it goes well everyone will be eligible and multi pass goes away. Thats my prediction.
No chance. They just set a high anchor price. Now imagine they set the menu like this:

Premier-$399
Multi-$79
Single-$22

I bet you they sell out of the multi daily even if they doubled current prices.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Bull I expect to hear from Disney in the near future..."At Walt Disney World, we are always striving to enhance the guest experience, and our new Lightning Lane Premier option is a testament to that commitment. This premium service is designed to offer our guests more flexibility and convenience, allowing them to maximize their time in the parks. By providing expedited access to our most popular attractions, we aim to reduce wait times and ensure that every moment spent at Disney World is filled with magic and adventure. We understand that our guests have diverse needs and preferences, and the Lightning Lane Premier option is just one of the many ways we are working to create a more personalized and enjoyable visit for everyone."

LSLS

This is a thread truly off the rails.

It's a high end skip the line platform that Universal also uses down the street. It's price accordingly, that makes it hard for the typical guest to get-it. It's priced high enough that it's not going to murk up the Lighting Lines IMO.
It is NOT what Universal uses down the street, even if they price it the same or higher. An eye of round and Filet are not the same thing because they are both steaks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom