Rumor Shanghai Pirates is coming to WDW

BrianLo

There’s a fine line between making educated inferences or deductions (and being right) and outright misleading people that you actually are privy to something they aren’t.

We seem to have a swath of people who are stepping over that line willfully for attention. I don’t love it because it clutters up the facts with fiction.

Quoted for posterity about why this thread was suddenly made.

I’m incredibly disappointed in this behaviour, but you can all draw your own individual informed conclusions.

James Alucobond

Color me skeptical, buuut ...
Treasure Cove instead of Adventureland
Galaxy's Edge instead of Tomorrowland
Toy Story Land instead of Frontierland
Muppet Courtyard instead of Liberty Square
Various shows (Frozen, Mermaid, B&B, Villains, Fantasmic) + MMRR + Monsters instead of Fantasyland
Hollywood and Sunset Boulevard instead of Main Street, U.S.A.

Every park is truly becoming Magic Kingdom. 🤔

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
Original Poster
Color me skeptical, buuut ...
Treasure Cove instead of Adventureland
Galaxy's Edge instead of Tomorrowland
Toy Story Land instead of Frontierland
Muppet Courtyard instead of Liberty Square
Various shows (Frozen, Mermaid, B&B, Villains, Fantasmic) + MMRR + Monsters instead of Fantasyland
Hollywood and Sunset Boulevard instead of Main Street, U.S.A.

Every park is truly becoming Magic Kingdom. 🤔
This man gets it haha.

Hall of Presidents is safe BTW, regardless of the outcome of the election.

As it should be. We're adults, or kids, idk.

BrianLo

I'm incredibly disappointed that you don't believe me.

Lol when it happens. I'll have the last laugh.

It wasn’t my words that you are just speculating about everything, it was yours. You told us all that everything you say is informed guesswork.

When I challenged you on what you were engaging in, you refused to answer. When I accused you of misleading people for attention, you turn around and create an attention grabbing thread.

It’s a simple yes and no question. Are you speculating?

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
Original Poster
It wasn’t my words that you are just speculating about everything, it was yours. You told us all that everything you say is informed guesswork.

When I challenged you on what you were engaging in, you refused to answer. When I accused you of misleading people for attention, you turn around and create an attention grabbing thread.

It’s a simple yes and no question. Are you speculating?
THat's how every "insider" works.

Their sources always withhold info. It's just how it is.

And if they are the source they have to deliberately change things to not reveal themselves, lol.

Don't expect to hear about this until Destination D at the earliest, unless I'm proven right even earlier because I just leaked it haha.

doctornick

Even if this were "real", it would at most be something along the lines of "we are tentatively planning to green light this after building other stuff we have planned". Which means there would be tons of time to do something completely different or not move forward. There's no way this is green lit in the sense of funding allocated and shovels ready. And if it isn't at that stage, it's much closer to blue sky (as insiders have said, things to be announced and planned change the morning of a D23 presentation so... well they can be fickle).

Ironically, I would say I'd love to idea as I've been a big fan of bringing Shanghai Pirates to WDW in addition to classic POTC - they are completely different rides and can certainly exist in the same resort (especially if the remove Jack Sparrow elements from the regular POTC and restore it to closer to the original). Furthermore, Shanghai Pirates is exactly the type of high capacity, family friendly ride that DHS really needs. And putting it in Echo Lake area replacing the stunt show is where I would put it too.

C33Mom

POTC at MK is safe. I'm expecting HWS replacing Indy alongside Treasure Cove.
Can someone explain this to me like I’m 5? First sentence obvious, but what is HWS? DHS? Is there another Indy in WDW aside from the stunt show that I’m forgetting?

(I visited SDL last month, I know what the Shanghai Pirates ride is but is this suggesting there will be 2 pirates rides?)

DisneyHead123

Even if this were "real", it would at most be something along the lines of "we are tentatively planning to green light this after building other stuff we have planned". Which means there would be tons of time to do something completely different or not move forward. There's no way this is green lit in the sense of funding allocated and shovels ready. And if it isn't at that stage, it's much closer to blue sky (as insiders have said, things to be announced and planned change the morning of a D23 presentation so... well they can be fickle).

Ironically, I would say I'd love to idea as I've been a big fan of bringing Shanghai Pirates to WDW in addition to classic POTC - they are completely different rides and can certainly exist in the same resort (especially if the remove Jack Sparrow elements from the regular POTC and restore it to closer to the original). Furthermore, Shanghai Pirates is exactly the type of high capacity, family friendly ride that DHS really needs. And putting it in Echo Lake area replacing the stunt show is where I would put it too.

I agree that even if someone is a true “insider”, it’s roughly equivalent to having the inside scoop on the weather forecast, lol. You’re dealing in broad trends and probabilities with lots of changes possible at any moment.

That said, this rumor strikes me as highly probable from a logical standpoint. Disney is going to be looking for “showstopper” type rides to compete with Epic. Bonus points if they might appeal to the 20-ish something demographic in addition to kids. And what’s better - building from scratch, or working with a known entity? Pirates fits the bill on all fronts. Sounds like a no brainer to me.

James Alucobond

Can someone explain this to me like I’m 5? First sentence obvious, but what is HWS? DHS? Is there another Indy in WDW aside from the stunt show that I’m forgetting?

(I visited SDL last month, I know what the Shanghai Pirates ride is but is this suggesting there will be 2 pirates rides?)
He's saying it would be similar to Treasure Cove, which has Battle for the Sunken Treasure as its signature attraction, plus a stunt show, a play area aboard a pirate ship, canoes, and the obligatory shopping / dining. I'm not sure to what extent he is suggesting that would be duplicated, but I gather the implication is that it would be some or all of that.

BrianLo

Henry Mystic starting to act like WDW Pro.

The problem is this poster had a brief moment of honesty, with what they had been up to. So either they lied then or are lying now.

Since we’re witnessing spinning, I think it’s pretty obvious to me. Unfortunately, a lot of people want these things desperately to be real - and that’s one way to gain a false sense of support back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom