Hurricane Milton coming to FL

MerlinTheGoat

1728428980745.png

Lilofan

I wonder if they’re really actually all full or if they’re cutting off online and phone booking so that in person evacuees can get rooms when they arrive. People Magazine just posted a story about how a lot of people on the coasts tend to go toward the resort if they have to leave and what Disney’s hurricane accommodations are like.
I specifically asked what is your discounted rate for hurricane evacuees . The CM said there are no more rooms available at any resort.

Touchdown

Original Poster
Approximately 1 foot of rain is expected to fall over central Florida in 24 hours. 1 foot, with hurricane force winds, locally even heavier rain, lightning, thunder and the occasional tornado.

celluloid

Universal's done the same antics before. Hurricane Ian, albeit was about a day and a half later, but they reopened with 2 rides in each park.

I was there as a guest for a hhn time trip. A day and a half after the storm is a lot different than day of the storm that will be in the area that morning. Before services even say if it is safe to travel.

DisDude33

I wonder if they’re really actually all full or if they’re cutting off online and phone booking so that in person evacuees can get rooms when they arrive. People Magazine just posted a story about how a lot of people on the coasts tend to go toward the resort if they have to leave and what Disney’s hurricane accommodations are like.
I was wondering the same thing. I can see both scenarios being true.

Lilofan

Approximately 1 foot of rain is expected to fall over central Florida in 24 hours. 1 foot, with hurricane force winds, locally even heavier rain, lightning, thunder and the occasional tornado.
Main Street at MK is like flowing river in a rainstorm / it might be the Rivers of America flowing into the streets and buildings if this weather prediction hold true.

donsullivan

Premium Member
That amount of rain, on already saturated soil plus the winds means a breathtaking amount of trees being uprooted and just falling over which will trigger vast amounts of power outages.

MerlinTheGoat

1728430670993.png

This grouped several counties together, but note that the highest of those winds are for Osceola and Polk. Orange and Seminole are forecast to have milder winds based off current projections.

The NHC shifted their track a bit south around 5pm slightly away from Tampa. However, the latest GFS and ICON models were moving northward back into Tampa again. So there's no telling what it will actually end up doing in the end.

Disney Analyst

I just assume it's because it is frustrating knowing we have such little control over what happens when it comes to nature. Apart from preparing the best one can in situations like this.

It's scary, frustrating, aggravating. But it's also the truth.

No one really knows what the true outcome of this will be, until this storm has passed through.

Be smart, listen to authorities, prepare, and stay safe everyone.

donsullivan

Premium Member
View attachment 819799

This grouped several counties together, but note that the highest of those winds are for Osceola and Polk. Orange and Seminole are forecast to have milder winds based off current projections.

The NHC shifted their track a bit south around 5pm slightly away from Tampa. However, the latest GFS and ICON models were moving northward back into Tampa again. So there's no telling what it will actually end up doing in the end.
As someone who experienced Charley back in 2004 here in Orlando, the best advice is to stop obsessing over every minute adjustment in each update and continue to prepare for the worst. Charley was supposed to only barely graze Orlando until late in the morning when it took a sudden turn toward Punta Gorda and headed straight for Orlando. The eye came right over my house. The tree and roof damage from that storm was hard to describe. For well over a year, when you flew into the airport nearly half the houses in the area had blue tarps on them because of the amount of roof damage and the limited supply shingles.

It will keep changing and one change might look better and then the next one might look worse. It's best to just stay on plan and prepare for the worst and if you don't end up needing it then you have no worries.

WaltsTreasureChest

I just assume it's because it is frustrating knowing we have such little control over what happens when it comes to nature. Apart from preparing the best one can in situations like this.

It's scary, frustrating, aggravating. But it's also the truth.

No one really knows what the true outcome of this will be, until this storm has passed through.

Be smart, listen to authorities, prepare, and stay safe everyone.
Agreed, it wasn’t meant as an angry reaction towards @DryerLintFan personally but a frustration over what’s about to come

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
As someone who experienced Charley back in 2004 here in Orlando, the best advice is to stop obsessing over every minute adjustment in each update and continue to prepare for the worst. Charley was supposed to only barely graze Orlando until late in the morning when it took a sudden turn toward Punta Gorda and headed straight for Orlando. The eye came right over my house. The tree and roof damage from that storm was hard to describe. For well over a year, when you flew into the airport nearly half the houses in the area had blue tarps on them because of the amount of roof damage and the limited supply shingles.

It will keep changing and one change might look better and then the next one might look worse. It's best to just stay on plan and prepare for the worst and if you don't end up needing it then you have no worries.

Best advice.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Does this make it stronger? Weaker? Move it south?

You said for those not in the Know and Then continued to speak Greek 😂

How deep do you want to travel into 3 dimension vector math ? High pressure has a clockwise horizontal vector as well as a descending vector components, low pressure has the opposing vector components. Toss in associated volumes as well as centered rate of travel for each system and you can build an approximation at a point in time. When the inputs change start again. That's why the Hurricane Hunter data is so crucial for forcast accuracy .

Disney Analyst

Great wisdom. Sometimes the constant updates, especially if they flip towards a bias we seek, can bring ones guard down. Best to focus on the fact that a hurricane is indeed coming, and prepare the best one can given the circumstance. That's what we can control.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom