Expansion: Animation courtyard and beyond

Sneaky

Original Poster
Here is a place to discuss any rumors or discussion of expansion of Disneys Hollywood Studios beyond montropolis. Last we heard, zootopia and the simpsons were in the running.

Magenta Panther

The Muppet Theater should get gutted and replaced with something good, like a 4D Roger Rabbit film experience. Roger Rabbit has a tie to Old Hollywood (the supposed theme of DHS) that the puppets don't, and deserves a bigger presence in DHS beyond the billboard and broken window. But unless better people start running things at Disney, and unless Spielberg gets the stick out of his butt over the rights to the Rabbit (he'd apparently rather let the rabbit die than do anything with him), that probably won't happen. Pity.

Sneaky

Original Poster
The Muppet Theater should get gutted and replaced with something good, like a 4D Roger Rabbit film experience. Roger Rabbit has a tie to Old Hollywood (the supposed theme of DHS) that the puppets don't, and deserves a bigger presence in DHS beyond the billboard and broken window. But unless better people start running things at Disney, and unless Spielberg gets the stick out of his butt over the rights to the Rabbit (he'd apparently rather let the rabbit die than do anything with him), that probably won't happen. Pity.
Roger Rabbit in dhs at 2024. I love the movie but..
IMG_2778.png

WaluigiTime

I want Simpsons in Hollywood Studios so it feels at least a little different. Right now the park is feeling more and more like a dumping ground for things Disney doesn't have space to put into Magic Kingdom.

Bocabear

So dump in an IP that has nothing to do with Disney Films at all?
I can't think of a worse idea....especially when Universal already did Simpsons for decades....

MickeyMouse10

I'd like to see Wreck it Ralph go in this area. To make it different they could possibly make a deal to bring in some of the classic Arcade and Video Game characters in the film like Pac Man, Q-Bert and Sonic the Hedgehog. It would be like the old days when they brought in Ninja Turtles, Power Rangers, Goosebumps and the Muppets.

Rosso11

Roger Rabbit has a tie to Old Hollywood (the supposed theme of DHS) that the puppets don't, and deserves a bigger presence in DHS beyond the billboard and broken window. But unless better people start running things at Disney, and unless Spielberg gets the stick out of his butt over the rights to the Rabbit (he'd apparently rather let the rabbit die than do anything with him), that probably won't happen. Pity.
Not sure if anyone follows Gary Wolf, the creator of Roger, on social media but he’s been hinting that something is happening with the rights to Roger. Will be interesting to see if this goes anywhere.

J. D.

Not sure if anyone follows Gary Wolf, the creator of Roger, on social media but he’s been hinting that something is happening with the rights to Roger. Will be interesting to see if this goes anywhere.
Just seeing his cameo in that new Chip 'n' Dale movie made my heart happy.

MickeyMouse10

I was surprised at how many cameos were in the Chip and Dale movie. Characters you wouldn't think in a million years that could be in a Disney movie. I honestly don't know how they did it.

Dobby the House elf from Harry Potter, Looney Tunes, DC Comics, Lego, Cartoon Network, Hanna-Barbera, Sonic the Hedgehog, Nickelodeon, South Park, MTV, Universal, Dreamworks, PBS, Sesame Street, etc.

Brer Panther

There are few IPs that I would be horrified at them adding to Disney World than The Simpsons.
I was surprised at how many cameos were in the Chip and Dale movie. Characters you wouldn't think in a million years that could be in a Disney movie. I honestly don't know how they did it.

Dobby the House elf from Harry Potter, Looney Tunes, DC Comics, Lego, Cartoon Network, Hanna-Barbera, Sonic the Hedgehog, Nickelodeon, South Park, MTV, Universal, Dreamworks, PBS, Sesame Street, etc.
Especially considering how some of them were used in the movie...

"Hey, can we use Patrick Star in our Roger Rabbit wannabe?"
"Sure. Say, how's he going to be portrayed?"
"Oh, he gets kidnapped by the mafia because he owed them money and they mutate him and force him to star in bootlegs."
"...what?"
"No backsies!"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom