Scooter/Disability Question

zurgandfriend

Hello All,

A good friend of mine is planning a trip early next year. He has a prosthetic leg and has not been to WDW in a few years.

I told him I would reach out to all the good people here and inquire what the procedure is for renting scooters, are there head of the line privileges, limitations on ride, etc.

Any information you can provide would be most welcome.

Thank you all in advance BTW, 25 days and counting.

Z

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
You can rent ECVs (Electric conveyance vehicles) inside the parks or from external vendors. Inside the parks they are located past the turnstiles (admission point). Magic Kingdom is in the middle under the train station, Animal Kingdom is to the right of the turnstiles as is Hollywood Studios, while Epcot is to the left past the fountains.

Most of the rides have queues that are accessible for scooters, if not there will be an alternate entrance (which may entail a bit of a wait.

There is no "head of the line" privilege for ECVs , they must be at the head of the party in line so the cast members can direct them appropriately. For ECVs you will need to transfer to the ride vehicles.

For Disney Transportation you will need to aim for the accessible access points. Busses have a limitation of 2 for most and the Skyliner has a separate boarding area.

Please be aware that other guests dont pay attention and will dart in front of you and even stop no matter how rude it may be.

Upvote 0

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Other parks usually restrict prosthetics from their more intense rides, but WDW doesn't have any restrictions that I'm aware of.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom