News Brief closure for Liberty Square Riverboat at Magic Kingdom

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
According to an update to operational hours on the Walt Disney World website, the Liberty Square Riverboat will be closed August 20 through August 22, with an expected reopening on August 23.

Last year it was closed during this timeframe for refurbishment (9 days then), but it is not currently listed on the refurbishment calendar.

Screenshot 2024-08-16 at 3.49.56 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-08-16 at 3.50.10 PM.png

Captain Barbossa

Could be for what might be its last boiler inspection? Very sad. Brand new boiler too
This happens every August. Usually a week-10 days of being closed. But since this is just 3 days, this will strictly be the annual state required boiler inspection. No need to do the usual amount of maintenance they usually do during this closure since it’ll probably be gone by the end of the year.

TrainsOfDisney

This happens every August. Usually a week-10 days of being closed. But since this is just 3 days, this will strictly be the annual state required boiler inspection. No need to do the usual amount of maintenance they usually do during this closure since it’ll probably be gone by the end of the year.
Earliest it would close is after new years crowds. Probably later than that.

Old Yeller the poor girl already. Unless they need to stretch it out a little to allow time for the plushies and merch to arrive and plan for paid passmember exclusive last rides. Gotta milk every penny out of this corpse.

Smiley/OCD

My recommendation would be to use it as transportation around Seven Seas Lagoon between the MK, the hotels, and the TTC. Or something similar.

My recommendation would be to use it as transportation around Seven Seas Lagoon between the MK, the hotels, and the TTC. Or something similar.
I was going to ask that while I know it’s on a rail in the RoA, if it were possible to use it in other areas of the park…I’d love to see It in the Seven Seas Lagoon or transporting guests around the Epcot lagoon or even around the waterways of the Boardwalk/BC area…is that even possible?

Disstevefan1

According to an update to operational hours on the Walt Disney World website, the Liberty Square Riverboat will be closed August 20 through August 22, with an expected reopening on August 23.

Last year it was closed during this timeframe for refurbishment (9 days then), but it is not currently listed on the refurbishment calendar.

View attachment 809944
View attachment 809945
Perhaps it the potential new owner doing some pre sales inspection? ;)

Captain Barbossa

I was going to ask that while I know it’s on a rail in the RoA, if it were possible to use it in other areas of the park…I’d love to see It in the Seven Seas Lagoon or transporting guests around the Epcot lagoon or even around the waterways of the Boardwalk/BC area…is that even possible?
Echoing what @Figments Friend said. She’d basically have to be rebuilt from the ground up. That’s not going to happen. But if it did, I’d bet every penny to my name that they’d convert her to a diesel powered engine.

Smiley/OCD

Echoing what @Figments Friend said. She’d basically have to be rebuilt from the ground up. That’s not going to happen. But if it did, I’d bet every penny to my name that they’d convert her to a diesel powered engine.
How unfortunate…
In that case, just move it closer to HM and turn it into a HM themed restaurant…just don’t destroy it! Even move it (permanently) docked outside American Adventure and use it for seating for the
QS and the show…

Last edited:

Andrew25

Ideally they can keep a sliver of the river and permanently dock it in Liberty Square, convert it into a public seating area that MK desperately needs.

Parking it at the Grand Flo would be cool, but attaching it to the marina might block views. Port Orleans could work, but that would require some investment.

yensid1967

WHY even refurb it when they will be closing it soon!? Seems like a waste of money.
They want to destroy Rivers of America and Tom Sawyer Island for 'retheming' in to CARS and VILLANS lands...so why waste money refurbing it?
Could there be a sinister plan to get the Liberty Belle backstage and have an 'accident' with the crane damaging it like what happened to the Irvine years ago? Hmmmm🤔
Just for the record...Demo'ing RoA and TSI IS WRONG! it was a staple of the park from day one! There are other places they could put CARS and VILLIANS...CARS beyond BTMRR and VILLIAN behind Haunted Mansion...there is plenty of room...at least 20 acres or more!!! THEY DO NOT HAVE TO TEAR DOWN 2 beloved attractions!!!!
I sincerely hope that someone from Disney DOES read this blogs and see how the fans feel!
-----
Disney told us things that were coming to the parks, BUT THEY LEFT SOME OUT like Rivers of America/Tom Sawyer Island expansions and how it was going to accomplish them!
-------
I still say that Disney is going to feel the wrath of the opening of Epic Universe and Disney is being ARROGANT and sitting back and not really doing anything except announcing things that will be coming in 3+years...we all know that Disney ALWAYS takes at least 5 years to do anything! Tron, 1 attraction, took 5 years to build a CLONE, so why should we expect anything less!?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom