News 2023 TEA/AECOM Global Attendance Report, EPCOT Sees Significant Growth

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I think AK's numbers will go down in the next 2 years until the new area opens up unless they add some entertainment options like a drone show or something. When Indy/Encanto open it'll probably hit 11M-12M range. Won't know until 2028. See you in 4 years.

I wish I could share your optimistic appraisal of the situation. If GotG boosted Epcot's numbers by 2 million, a reskinned Dinosaur and an Encanto ride is going to double that number for AK? I don't see it.

TalkToEthan

wish I could share your optimistic appraisal of the situation. If GotG boosted Epcot's numbers by 2 million, a reskinned Dinosaur and an Encanto ride is going to double that number for AK?
Agreed

… frankly I’ve been most displeased with AK’s apparent lack of progress over the years

I’m hoping Disney will double its efforts with this Encanto and IJ plan

BuzzedPotatoHead89

MK 17.72 million
DL 17.25 million

Since the playing field is not level I wonder if these numbers fairly reveal which is the true king.
I think we just need to give it a bit more time and the “true king” will be revealed. Where they have the “blessing of sizable insights” to maintain/refresh RoA in addition to the largest collection of E-tickets in any castle park.

dmc493

I don’t know how much sustained growth DL can have though, I actually just gave up on DL and went back to WDW (this has nothing to do with me moving from LA to the east coast teehee). But Disneyland is so much smaller and dense than MK, the crowds drove me insane. It reminded me of mid2010s MK sized crowds. Would be curious what DL’s theoretical capacity is

allanbarr

'Ere... 'emme highlight that for ya...

Somehow, I don't think they're overburdened by an abundance of wisdom.
I hope you don’t mind but I’m going to use that line… probably frequently… with friends, possibly children, definitely coworkers!

“Uhm… I’m sorry to say but you don’t seem to be overburdened by an abundance of wisdom”!

That’s the greatest thing I’ve heard lately!

LSLS

Yeah I think a lot are sort of hitting on my point. The rides can get someone there once. Maybe back every once in a while. But we are talking some big time prices. Something like cedar point or Carowinds can have people come back for just a big e ticket ride cause it costs $100 for the season. But if you are talking I need to drop $1000 for my family to spend a single day at a park, am I doing that multiple times a year just because the ride system is amazing? Or do you really need the crazy details and other things to get people wanting to come back? Or does either matter once it hits that kind of pricing? Honestly don't know the answer. It feels like Disney thinks the rides and individual lands matter a lot more than the overall park theming and extras. Universal seems like maybe they are starting to head more that way too? They could be correct, but it's an interesting thing to think about.

Andrew25

The entire eastern side of Disneyland & Magic Kingdom is ripe for capacity additions.

Disneyland is loaded heavily onto just one side with 6 massive E-tickets, balanced by only Space Mountain & the Matterhorn on the other. It could use a decent amount of people eaters in the east.

TrainsOfDisney

But Disneyland is so much smaller and dense than MK, the crowds drove me insane. It reminded me of mid2010s MK sized crowds. Would be curious what DL’s theoretical capacity is
I’ve been at WDW for New Years and 4th of July and I’ve been to DL for Christmas and 4th of July. They both handle crowds differently but if one wins out to me it’s DL.

If you want a Disney park experience- Disneyland Resort is much better. But if you like the resort experience - WDW enters the conversation for sure.

TrainsOfDisney

The entire eastern side of Disneyland & Magic Kingdom is ripe for capacity additions.

Disneyland is loaded heavily onto just one side with 6 massive E-tickets, balanced by only Space Mountain & the Matterhorn on the other. It could use a decent amount of people eaters in the east.
They have Star tours over there as well.

But yes, Tomorrowland needs work - ideally peoplemover comes back along with something for Magic Eye and Carousel of Progress.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom