• Mistake on the Lake (Harmonious)

• Replacing Splash with Tiana’s Bayou Adventure

• Replacing Rivers of America with Cars

• Replacing The Great Movie Ride with Runaway Railway

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

SplashJacket

Original Poster
In lieu of recent developments this morning, I think this is worth discussing, either to quantify our perceptions or simply to put it in to perspective.

Responses limited to WDW due to a limits in poll choices.

You can vote for three options.

Last edited:

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No
1723484244640.png

Whoops, didn't read the directions!

OrlandoRising

These are not good options for this question. You are missing some of the absolute biggest mistakes in Disney history that had an objectively negative impact on the parks as a business -- like EuroDisney and DCA 1.0.

Instead, it's the usual list of purist gripes. It's hard to reasonably argue that replacing a dated and unpopular Universe of Energy ride with the nearly-universally-acclaimed Cosmic Rewind was somehow a mistake -- unless you think that the only valid Disney opinions are from the Epcot purist crowd.

IanDLBZF

These are not good options for this question. You are missing some of the absolute biggest mistakes in Disney history that had an objectively negative impact on the parks as a business -- like EuroDisney and DCA 1.0.

Instead, it's the usual list of purist gripes. It's hard to reasonably argue that replacing a dated and unpopular Universe of Energy ride with the nearly-universally-acclaimed Cosmic Rewind was somehow a mistake -- unless you think that the only valid Disney opinions are from the Epcot purist crowd.
I actually agree with you on this one.

Vegas Disney Fan

Disneyland Paris is a beautiful and succesful park though, it’s a mistake that been corrected, same is true of DCA, it’s gone downhill a bit since the 2.0 correction but is still considered a successful park for the most part.

You also aren’t seeing many votes for Cosmic Rewind or Frozen because most people see those as a lateral move rather than an outright downgrade.

SplashJacket

Original Poster

I actually agree with you on this one.
I agree as well that there are other P&E mistakes that deserve representation. From the cancelation of Westcot to WDSP, HKDL, etc.

Let me clarify for WDW for the original post. I started including international mistakes / Disney’s America and other things like Disney Quest, but I quickly hit the limit for poll responses.

SplashJacket

Original Poster
You also aren’t seeing many votes for Cosmic Rewind or Frozen because most people see those as a lateral move rather than an outright downgrade.
Exactly, I limited the votes to three so people would vote for the actual worst things.

People complained endlessly about Frozen and Communicore, yet they aren’t receiving votes.

Doesn’t mean everyone loves the changes, but it quantifies the difference.

I really like Cosmic Rewind and think it was a great change, but there was a lot of hesitation when it was announced.

Vegas Disney Fan

Exactly, I limited the votes to three so people would vote for the actual worst things.

People complained endlessly about Frozen and Communicore, yet they aren’t receiving votes.

Doesn’t mean everyone loves the changes, but it quantifies the difference.

I really like Cosmic Rewind and think it was a great change, but there was a lot of hesitation when it was announced.
I still hate the visible Cosmic Rewind show building but the ride itself is good enough to offset the exterior failures. I feel the same about the Guardians ride at DCA, the outside is ugly as sin but I love the ride so that offsets the objections to the exterior.

Maelstrom fit the pavilion better but I find Frozen more enjoyable, the good offsets the bad, maybe we’ll be surprised and they’ll absolutely nail the aesthetic aspect of the Cars ride but it’s going to be a huge challenge to offset the loss of ROA.

The decision to completely remove ROA has set the bar incredibly high, similar to replacing Splash, if you’re going to do something controversial you better hit it out of the park or it’s going to always be viewed as controversial.

Club Cooloholic

Ok, I have to admit I haven't read nor seen anything on the big announcements of Disney changes. Why? Because they tend to take years to complete, and they tend to end up being very different from what they were supposed to be at the beginning, if they ever actually come to fruition.

So I am just now seeing this Cars Land thing. Yuck. It's WDW, they have so much land and space, if you can't fit it in MK build another park. They have lost sight that many people come to WDW to relive their childhood experiences and share them with the next generation.

Timeless attractions deserve to be there, and yes attractions you can do with a 2 yr old baby or an 82 yr old grandad. That's what the riverboats and Tom Sawyer were. Instead we are having a land built around a an IP that was last relevant over a decade ago? It gets my vote as worst because we aren't talking about replacing a ride, we are replacing a land and vibe.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom