News Villains Land Announced for Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

TheMaxRebo

Anyone think MNSSHP will change once the Villains Land comes? Not saying it'll go away, but maybe there'll be some new entertainment and activities with that whole area giving a darker opportunity for a Mickey's Kinda Scary Halloween Party.

Maybe that is an upcharge to the regular party if you want to get into that area and it is about more adult/scary (more Oogie Boogie than HHN though)

Disstevefan1

As much as Josh says this is in development, this is really blue sky and its so far off we have no idea what we will end up with, good or bad.

So much can happen in the many years before this is open to the public.

Bocabear

As much as Josh says this is in development, this is really blue sky and its so far off we have no idea what we will end up with, good or bad.

So much can happen in the many years before this is open to the public.
Was this supposed to be 2030 or after? I know if they begin work on Carsland in 2025, with all the ground work and demo we are looking at 5 years...and if they will not begin the Villains section until after the poorly placed Carsland opens, we would be looking at 2034-ish? to alll the people that complained their kids would be too frightened of a villains land, they will be adults by the time it opens....lol

Disstevefan1

Was this supposed to be 2030 or after? I know if they begin work on Carsland in 2025, with all the ground work and demo we are looking at 5 years...and if they will not begin the Villains section until after the poorly placed Carsland opens, we would be looking at 2034-ish? to alll the people that complained their kids would be too frightened of a villains land, they will be adults by the time it opens....lol
By the time Villains is open, EPIC will have been open and will have made updates/enhancements 🤣

Bocabear

Well... looked up the dates, and SWGE took 6 years from announcement to unveiling... I would expect this Cars "Further West National Paks" land to take about the same at the least.... So....2031 for that? then unless they are building Villains at the same time, 2035-7 for Villains unveiling? At least I will hopefully be retired before it opens...lol

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Well... looked up the dates, and SWGE took 6 years from announcement to unveiling... I would expect this Cars "Further West National Paks" land to take about the same at the least.... So....2031 for that? then unless they are building Villains at the same time, 2035-7 for Villains unveiling? At least I will hopefully be retired before it opens...lol
I think they're being built at the same time. The entire space they're using, (the rivers of america and some stuff around and behind) are around the exact same size as SWGE so to me it seems like it's very possible Cars opens around 2028 and Villains either 2029 or 2030.

Disstevefan1

I hope I am still alive before it opens.

Chi84

Premium Member
I know... I was thinking the same thing... These projects take so long... teens looking forward to a new attraction now will be married with kids before they open....lol And I am trying to imagine how much fun Villains Land will be when I am 70 years old...lol Yikes!
I'm close to 70 right now - you may be surprised. ;)

Bocabear

I think they're being built at the same time. The entire space they're using, (the rivers of america and some stuff around and behind) are around the exact same size as SWGE so to me it seems like it's very possible Cars opens around 2028 and Villains either 2029 or 2030.
is it reasonable to assume they will be able to completely demo the ROA and TOm Sawyer's Island, then build a new hevily themed, tons of rockwork land in 3 years? It too 5 to demo communicore and build a splash pad attraction and a flex space building....This would all be much more elaborate than that... The glacial pace of development and construction at WDW has been a thing for a long time... it would be hard to believe that all of the sudden they are going to be fast....especially with this large a project. and if they are doing Villains Land which is still currently in development at the same time....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom