Wedding ring missing from Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Villa

helenasue

Original Poster
We checked out at 11am this morning. At around 11:15, I realized I'd left my kids' swimsuits in the dryer so I ran back. Housekeeping was in there cleaning and she seemed really nice.

Around 3pm, I realized I'd forgotten something else - my engagement ring and wedding band. I'd taken them off the night before to give my baby a bath and left them in the master bathroom.

I ran back and they informed us that no new guests had been in the room as they hadn't checked in yet. Housekeeping let us in to search, but both rings were gone.

Guest services and security was great, but they haven't found it. Whoever found it didn't log it today, and none of the leaders it otherwise should've been turned into had it.

Honestly, I don't care who has my rings or why. I don't care if it was an accident or if someone was desperate and got tempted and pocketed them - I just want them back. I don't want to get anybody fired or arrested or in trouble - I just want my wedding ring. I offered a cast reward, but resort management said they're strictly honor system only.

I filed a missing item report with Disney and a missing item police report with OCSO. Is there anything else I can do?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240630-162548.png
    Screenshot_20240630-162548.png
    530.3 KB · Views: 45

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Very sorry to hear of your ring loss.

Unfortunately you have done all that you can do, except continue to hope the rings will be found. I’d like to say Disney will do everything they can to help but I can’t. Over the years my family has unintentionally left behind several items (a journal in a drawer, a pillow with a distinctive case, a bag) which we reported within a couple hours of vacating the room. None were ever recovered and we never received a “sorry” from anyone.

GigglesMcSnort

I left my kid's swimsuit hanging over the shower last time we were there and by the time I noticed, literally a few hours after check out, it had gone, never to be found. If something as basic as that "goes missing", I wouldn't hold out much hope for your jewellery being returned to you, unfortunately.

Although the fact you raised a police report might at least scare them into taking it more seriously.

Last edited:

Club Cooloholic

We checked out at 11am this morning. At around 11:15, I realized I'd left my kids' swimsuits in the dryer so I ran back. Housekeeping was in there cleaning and she seemed really nice.

Around 3pm, I realized I'd forgotten something else - my engagement ring and wedding band. I'd taken them off the night before to give my baby a bath and left them in the master bathroom.

I ran back and they informed us that no new guests had been in the room as they hadn't checked in yet. Housekeeping let us in to search, but both rings were gone.

Guest services and security was great, but they haven't found it. Whoever found it didn't log it today, and none of the leaders it otherwise should've been turned into had it.

Honestly, I don't care who has my rings or why. I don't care if it was an accident or if someone was desperate and got tempted and pocketed them - I just want them back. I don't want to get anybody fired or arrested or in trouble - I just want my wedding ring. I offered a cast reward, but resort management said they're strictly honor system only.

I filed a missing item report with Disney and a missing item police report with OCSO. Is there anything else I can do?
This stinks, I hold our hope maybe your husband or you threw it in a bag while cleaning up asm they turn up. Or someone working ends up logging it after all....

JIMINYCR

Horrors that its your precious rings that cant ever be replaced. Lost items sometimes show up and sometimes they dont. Weve had items returned and others lost forever. You are dealing with humans who sometimes are honest and sometimes not. Unfortunately there have been mousekeepers arrested for theft in the past. Thats why you must be extremely cautious about anything with value not only at a Disney resort but any hotel. Ive left my ring on my sink at home not realizing it, so it can happen to us all when we are not focused.
I'd contact my insurance agency upon returning home and file a claim immediately.

DisneyFanatic12

I sure hope it gets returned to you! Leaving something behind is always one of my worst fears, but my family has had good luck in having their Apple Watch, sunglasses, and a necklace returned in the past (all separate occasions, not all at once of course). I’m hoping you can find the same luck as we have in the past!

Last edited:

helenasue

Original Poster
Seems pretty easy to determine who other than your family went it the room during that time period ---housekeeping or room security check -- Disney should have a record and if they don't why not?
They do have record, and they said they were going to review it but that they don't question employees or anything like that. :(

MissingDisney

Seems pretty easy to determine who other than your family went it the room during that time period ---housekeeping or room security check -- Disney should have a record and if they don't why not?
They know who opened the door, but that does not necessarily mean that was the only person who accessed the room. We had a situation where our room was propped open with the deadbolt by housekeeping and left that way for several hours. Literally anyone who walked past our room could’ve stolen everything inside, not just the cast member or security person who had access to unlock the door.
If I were Disney, I'd get sworn statements from the cast that accessed the guest room and put them under investigation.
What purpose does a sworn statement serve?
What would this investigation entail?
Again, just because one person opens a door does not mean a situation begins and ends with them.

To the Op, I am so, so sorry this has happened to you. Still hoping for a miracle for you. 💕

Lilofan

They know who opened the door, but that does not necessarily mean that was the only person who accessed the room. We had a situation where our room was propped open with the deadbolt by housekeeping and left that way for several hours. Literally anyone who walked past our room could’ve stolen everything inside, not just the cast member or security person who had access to unlock the door.

What purpose does a sworn statement serve?
What would this investigation entail?
Again, just because one person opens a door does not mean a situation begins and ends with them.

To the Op, I am so, so sorry this has happened to you. Still hoping for a miracle for you. 💕
When there are items missing it is only logical for the company to conduct an investigation by interviewing cast who accessed the room.

MissingDisney

I've reached out to the ones near WDW and filed a police report so it'll flag in the system if someone tries to sell it.
Excellent! States that have tracking systems and cooperation with pawnshops and police departments have a pretty good track record, given the circumstances, of finding stolen merchandise, often several months later. Don’t give up hope!

DisneyHead123

I’m so sorry. One thing I haven’t seen mentioned is to contact your insurance company if it’s insured, to see if they need particular paperwork from the resort or police. Probably easier to get that immediately after the fact.

VicariousCorpse

That doesn't make sense not questioning the cast??
If they treated their employees like criminals every time a guest misplaced some valuable they would need a full time police force interrogating maids all day. Without a camera in the room watching the person steal the items, all you have to go off of is a person's word. They have logs of entry and the people that went into it, they put that into a report and if something else goes missing later then they can have a track record of items going missing and fire them. Lots of people are adamant something is stolen only to find it tucked away in their luggage when they get home. I'm not saying that's the case here, I just understand why Disney doesn't interrogate their employees.

Lilofan

Iwil
If they treated their employees like criminals every time a guest misplaced some valuable they would need a full time police force interrogating maids all day. Without a camera in the room watching the person steal the items, all you have to go off of is a person's word. They have logs of entry and the people that went into it, they put that into a report and if something else goes missing later then they can have a track record of items going missing and fire them. Lots of people are adamant something is stolen only to find it tucked away in their luggage when they get home. I'm not saying that's the case here, I just understand why Disney doesn't interrogate their employees.
I will agree to disagree for a company not to conduct an investigation bare minimum interview cast if a guest says something is missing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom