Magic Band Selection

firecatgirl

Original Poster
Hello everyone,
Correct me if I am wrong, I do not need to arrive with a magic band, right? My daughter and I will be going to Disney Springs our first day and were going to get a bank at World of Disney. That's ok to do right? I'm just not overly thrilled with the selection online and I only have a few more days to make my decision.
TIA

James J

In the Parks
No
Yes, that's fine. They removed the option to choose MagicBands ahead of visits for us international guests, so we always have to go and buy one on our first day if we want one.

JIMINYCR

You can go to DS and shop and dine. The selection of MB’s are not very good on the site. There are a lot more colorful and decorative bands in the shops. We don’t order ours ahead of time and wait to choose from better options after we arrive. Years ago I got one online only to see one in a shop that I liked much better and regretted paying for two.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
how long do regular magic bands last anyway? last october we used bands from our 2022 trip. not sure if they’re still good or not.
For touch points they last indefinitely. For long range (ride photos) a couple years, although on my trip earlier this month I received ride photos despite not having a band. I assume Bluetooth on my phone picked up the signal.

mf1972

For touch points they last indefinitely. For long range (ride photos) a couple years, although on my trip earlier this month I received ride photos despite not having a band. I assume Bluetooth on my phone picked up the signal.
that’s good to know. i’ve heard pros & cons on the newer rechargeable ones. wasn’t keen on getting them for our next trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom