Walt Disney World Holiday Season 2024

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
At least peppermint is palatable and pleasant, at least in moderate quantities. Pumpkin spice is grotesque in any form or quantity.
1729788429530.png

Stupido

Jollywood menu seems much more imaginative and exciting, but there definitely seem to be some gems on here. The baked brie flatbread sounds delightful!

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The exclusive food makes sense to me; it helps sell a package. Go to the party and you get not only short lines, you get things you can only get there.

It's meant to sweeten the deal, not be the entire reason you go.
"Buy a $169 ticket to our Christmas Party! Then, spend another $100 on food!!!"

Not really what "sweeten the deal" means, but I digress.

WorldExplorer

"Buy a $169 ticket to our Christmas Party! Then, spend another $100 on food!!!"

Not really what "sweeten the deal" means, but I digress.

You get access to the food; that's the sweetening the deal. You have to pay for your food at Disney anyway, now you have these special options that ideally will taste very good and look nice. You don't have to personally find it appealing, but that's the idea.

It's really not different from the specialty food for the day guests; all park tickets are expensive, but no one is buying the tickets FOR the specialty snack, it's an extra thing to enjoy while you're there.

People like variety and seasonal foods.

That said, don't get me wrong; I don't go to the parties, I don't think they're worth it (especially buying both a day and party ticket for the same day, which is just nuts), and I absolutely think that their seasonal food selection is getting worse (this Halloween sucked) and the focus on the parties is probably at least partially to blame.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

C33Mom

DCBaker

Premium Member
Disney has updated the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party guide with new details for Santa's Christmas Carnival during the party:

IMG_8246.jpg

Santa's Christmas Carnival
During Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, Storybook Circus transforms into a land filled with joyful Christmas cheer, friends from the North Pole and—of course—Santa Claus.

C33Mom

I just booked mine for the cake!
I’m assuming we each need to order an entree before we can unlock the cake. I don’t mind paying for it, but would prefer to save stomach space for other holiday related junk food.

I am really curious about the turkey gravy loaded fries (which I won’t get to try because they’re behind the party paywall), but contemplating trying to make something like it at home.

meggo819

According to the updated entertainment calendar, Mickey's Once Upon a Christmastime Parade is set to run at 2pm on Saturday, November 9 and Sunday, November 10.

View attachment 822198
Nov. 10 is one of the days we planned to be at MK on our upcoming trip. The idea of seeing the parade “for free” is appealing, but is it going to be so crowded that we regret even being in the park!? I’m nervous now!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom