Walt Disney World Holiday Season 2024

Thumper 32

I don’t think the commentary here is exactly right. Epcot closing time was always 930 during most of the candlelight season, and only extended to 1000 during the peak time between Christmas and New Year. I’m all for calling out cutbacks when they are happening but I don’t think this is one.

ToTBellHop

I don’t think the commentary here is exactly right. Epcot closing time was always 930 during most of the candlelight season, and only extended to 1000 during the peak time between Christmas and New Year. I’m all for calling out cutbacks when they are happening but I don’t think this is one.
Checking the calendar on this site, the last time the extended Epcot’s hours to 9 am to 10 pm or later was December 2018. So, nothing new. They did have some later closings in 2020 and 2021 but Epcot was still opening at 10 am or 11 am then (pandemic hours).

Disone

I do not feel like this is correct. I thought it was 10pm.. I won't double down on that though. I will double down on 10pm closings during the summer.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I do not feel like this is correct. I thought it was 10pm.. I won't double down on that though. I will double down on 10pm closings during the summer.
It's been 9:30 95% of Candlelight Season since ROE started I think...... It was 10 or 10:30 during Christmas Week but not every year.......Steve would really know the History.
You can find park hours all the way back to 2009 here:

I did a quick scan of summer Epcot closing times every July from 2009 to 2024. The only summer that Epcot had a 10 pm closing was in 2021 (pandemic) - and the park didn’t open until 11 am.

I also checked closing times for Decembers 2009-2023. 9:30 pm except for Christmas week, when it was extended to 10:30 (and 1 am on NYE).

Disone

You can find park hours all the way back to 2009 here:

I did a quick scan of summer Epcot closing times every July from 2009 to 2024. The only summer that Epcot had a 10 pm closing was in 2021 (pandemic) - and the park didn’t open until 11 am.

I also checked closing times for Decembers 2009-2023. 9:30 pm except for Christmas week, when it was extended to 10:30 (and 1 am on NYE).
Sorry I am old;) I am referring to 90's and early 2000's

And even if holidays was just the 10 or so days around late December, they still use to do it and do not any more and I miss that plus 10pm summer season closings

Last edited:

trainplane3

trainplane3

I'm assuming this is a unique version of Behind the Seeds. The main ride will still happen as it usually does.

I didn't realize they had gotten that expensive. (Won't admit what they cost when I did them. Haha)
That's exactly what this is. Just a Behind the Seeds tour for $5 more. I'm not going to complain about the increase for something that is pretty limited. We've seen hour long waits for the ride so I wonder how quickly this will get booked up.

JMcMahonEsq

Nothings been officially announced but I’d be surprised if they didn’t
I have always thought this was just an amazing thing to experience if you can. The first time we went to the holiday party it was when they were filming the holiday special that comes out around thanksgiving. Not only is the event itself magical, but to see them filming on stage during the day, and then a month or so later after we were home, to see the special and the kids faces when they realized we were there when it was happening, a very cool trip indeed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom