Walt Disney World Holiday Season 2024

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The first MVMCP I went to, back in 2002 cost me $27.95 each (CM tickets bought at Company D). The normal priced guest ticket was $33.95 in advance or $38.95 at the gate. That included the now non existent complimentary photo.
We still display our complimentary photo from the 2004 MVMCP every Christmas season. Pretty sure they had the photo ops set up in what is now the Laugh Floor.

cranbiz

We still display our complimentary photo from the 2004 MVMCP every Christmas season. Pretty sure they had the photo ops set up in what is now the Laugh Floor.
Ours are in a collage of all our MNSSHP and MVMCP pictures on the family room wall. Most of the ones that I can remember were taken in Adventureland.

Ronnie Sanford

The Jollywood skating show development is bringing me back to when we first met about Villains Unleashed.

Colleagues never want to admit their idea doesn’t translate to a real life park setting.

C33Mom

The Jollywood skating show development is bringing me back to when we first met about Villains Unleashed.

Colleagues never want to admit their idea doesn’t translate to a real life park setting.
I’m so curious about this. We’ve been on the fence about Jollywood and if they actually feature A list figure skaters we’ll buy tickets…but also I’m skeptical it’s safe to do more than very basic jumps on outdoor plastic ice and spins don’t work well either, unless dramatic upgrades have been made to plastic ice since I last tried it, I don’t think they can do anything more ambitious than Disney on Ice grade choreography.

You’d think…but that has never been their tactic.

They don’t believe in “freebies” for hotels. If you look at their policies for 10 years…it’s been mostly taking things away to shave margins.

They have had a hard time selling deluxes for YEARS. Why?? Cause a room at contemporary isn’t worth $700 and wilderness lodge isn’t worth $550

So in basic Econ…doesn’t that mean they lower them to book them? Anywhere else on earth…yes.
Not them.

What have they done? Shrunk their inventory by slapping timeshares in over old rack rooms.

And timeshares are part of the problem as well…they are LOATHE to give dvc any perks…because they cashed the checks long ago. So that blocks deluxe extras as well
Why couldn’t they (or wouldn’t, I should say) give perks to the hotel side of deluxes and not to the timeshare sides? Is there something in DVC contracts? I miss the late ‘80s through late ‘90s of my pre-adult visits!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Why couldn’t they (or wouldn’t, I should say) give perks to the hotel side of deluxes and not to the timeshare sides? Is there something in DVC contracts? I miss the late ‘80s through late ‘90s of my pre-adult visits!
How do you tell people to support the parks for 50 years at higher level of financial commitments than the transient “deluxe” customers and then tell them they don’t get the perks?

Good luck with that one.

There’s a misconception - mostly from bad management - that there is a “whale” class.

There is…but they just can’t identify it. Dvc are the “whales”

Really bad management

bmr1591

Original Poster
The first MVMCP I went to, back in 2002 cost me $27.95 each (CM tickets bought at Company D). The normal priced guest ticket was $33.95 in advance or $38.95 at the gate. That included the now non existent complimentary photo.

If you want the simple answer, just look at the difference in guest traffic in 2002 compared to 2024.

How do you tell people to support the parks for 50 years at higher level of financial commitments than the transient “deluxe” customers and then tell them they don’t get the perks?

Good luck with that one.

There’s a misconception - mostly from bad management - that there is a “whale” class.

There is…but they just can’t identify it. Dvc are the “whales”

Really bad management
Oh, I don’t know much about timeshares. I think back to growing up and I don’t even know if there were anything but the hotel deluxes at the time. Not to say that that’s relevant here, but just…lots of change in my lifetime!

tanc

Debating about going to the first parties or not for both parks... never have done them and would like to see it at least once.

gorillaball

Debating about going to the first parties or not for both parks... never have done them and would like to see it at least once.
I’d pick one to sample for starters. Very Merry is a proven item, you know what you will get. Jollywood is still finding itself in my opinion.

Phicinfan

I’d pick one to sample for starters. Very Merry is a proven item, you know what you will get. Jollywood is still finding itself in my opinion.
My wife and I are doing both, Very Merry and Jollywood nights this year in early November. First time for both of us. Looking forward to seeing how these go.

tanc

Decided to go to both of the first parties of the year. I have two park tickets I can redeem anytime, but only good until they raise the price of tickets and then I have to pay the difference. Pretty excited to go for the first time!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom