Walt Disney World Holiday Season 2024

93boomer

Premium Member
It's July 2, 2024 and I have a hotel reservation and I can not purchase Very Merry for 2024. I have cleared my cache, went incognito, and tried through multiple accounts. I have spoken to chat and they said it should work. Do you know if anything is going wrong with the system? I tried calling the number to try to buy tickets on the phone and it keeps hanging up when I dial '5'. I saw on Reddit that there are a few people that are having trouble.
I had trouble too. I signed into my MDE account. Then, the list that scrolls down where my plans, etc I tried to go to events. It said not available.
As a last ditch effort, I went back to the main Disney page and at the top where the list across is, I hit the events and I was able to make them.
Good luck! Hope you are able to purchase.

James J

In the Parks
No
Got our 4 tickets for November too. At least I know the VPN still works for this, even if it won't for Lightning Lane Multi Pass!

akileese

I had forgotten about the resort guest window entirely so glad I was sifting through here. Got our Jollywood tickets for 12/2 and MVMCP 12/3. Week after thanksgiving usually isn't very crowded but we'll see since it falls into straight into December this year.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Just some quick numbers on the 2024 MVMCP tickets:

Average ticket price - $188.60

Number of days at each price point (based on what I saw in the MDE app earlier this morning):

$159 - 3
$169 - 3
$179 - 6
$199 - 8
$209 - 3
$219 - 2

I may go back and see if I can do a similar breakdown with 2023 and earlier MVMCP tickets. If I can find the information, I'll do the breakdown and post here for comparison.

mattpeto

Easily my biggest complaint. And guess how busy it will be those few days you do get a full day.
They did the After Hours version a couple of years ago and I still think that was the best approach. (Let's day guests see HEA or current nighttime show).

But for whatever reason they went back to the traditional parties. I'm sure it's mostly money but I can't imagine the After Hours parties being ideal for families either.

A hybrid would have been best IMO:

Tuesday and Thursday - MVMCP (Free Cookies, 2 parades and show)
Friday and Sunday - Very Merriest (Snacks, 1 parade and show)

Probably too confusing on the guest having two types too. Oh well.

Club Cooloholic

They did the After Hours version a couple of years ago and I still think that was the best approach. (Let's day guests see HEA or current nighttime show).

But for whatever reason they went back to the traditional parties. I'm sure it's mostly money but I can't imagine the After Hours parties being ideal for families either.

A hybrid would have been best IMO:

Tuesday and Thursday - MVMCP (Free Cookies, 2 parades and show)
Friday and Sunday - Very Merriest (Snacks, 1 parade and show)

Probably too confusing on the guest having two types too. Oh well.
Personally, I think the best deal is the water park party. It's only a little more than a days admission and you get snacks and drinks free and less crowds.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
In 2014, there were 19 party dates. The most expensive night (December 19) was $74/person. Every other date was either $67/person (advanced purchase) or $71/person (same day/non-discounted dates).

The same "premium date" this year is $219/person, with the cheapest ticket being $159/person.

2014:

Event hours: 7:00pm - 12:00am
A Frozen Holiday Wish - 6:15pm, 8pm
Mickey's Once Upon A Christmastime Parade - 8:15pm, 10:30pm
Holiday Wishes - Celebrate the Spirit of the Season - 9:30pm
A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas - 7:45pm, 8:45pm, 9:55pm, 10:50pm, 11:45pm
Celebrate the Season - 7:30pm, 10:05pm, 11:20pm

2024:

Frozen Holiday Surprise: 8:15 PM.
Minnie's Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks Show: 10:00 PM
Mickey's Once Upon a Christmastime Parade: 8:30 PM, 11:00 PM
Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration: 7:40 PM, 9:25 PM, 10:35 PM, 11:55 PM

bmr1591

Original Poster
In 2014, there were 19 party dates. The most expensive night (December 19) was $74/person. Every other date was either $67/person (advanced purchase) or $71/person (same day/non-discounted dates).

The same "premium date" this year is $219/person, with the cheapest ticket being $159/person.

2014:

A Frozen Holiday Wish - 6:15pm, 8pm
Mickey's Once Upon A Christmastime Parade - 8:15pm, 10:30pm
Holiday Wishes - Celebrate the Spirit of the Season - 9:30pm
A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas - 7:45pm, 8:45pm, 9:55pm, 10:50pm, 11:45pm
Celebrate the Season - 7:30pm, 10:05pm, 11:20pm

2024:

Frozen Holiday Surprise: 8:15 PM.
Minnie's Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks Show: 10:00 PM
Mickey's Once Upon a Christmastime Parade: 8:30 PM, 11:00 PM
Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration: 7:40 PM, 9:25 PM, 10:35 PM, 11:55 PM

Not to be 'that guy', but weren't Christmas parties notoriously oversold in the 2010s, which is one reason they doubled the price and restricted the number of tickets to improve the guest experience, but not lose profits?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Not to be 'that guy', but weren't Christmas parties notoriously oversold in the 2010s, which is one reason they doubled the price and restricted the number of tickets to improve the guest experience, but not lose profits?
In the late 2010's they were, after Bob the Lesser got his claws into things. Not so much in the first half of the decade.

Schweino

Im certainly not a Disney pro/expert, nor have long history of crowds, but MVMCP in early Dec 2022 seemed incredibly packed compared to what MK was during the day. My wife and I both think that was the busiest we've seen MK for us.

James J

In the Parks
No
Im certainly not a Disney pro/expert, nor have long history of crowds, but MVMCP in early Dec 2022 seemed incredibly packed compared to what MK was during the day. My wife and I both think that was the busiest we've seen MK for us.
I think last year was the first year where it seemed like they'd actually restricted the amount of tickets sold, with people reporting that crowd levels were much better in the parties.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Just some quick numbers on the 2024 MVMCP tickets:

Average ticket price - $188.60

Number of days at each price point (based on what I saw in the MDE app earlier this morning):

$159 - 3
$169 - 3
$179 - 6
$199 - 8
$209 - 3
$219 - 2

I may go back and see if I can do a similar breakdown with 2023 and earlier MVMCP tickets. If I can find the information, I'll do the breakdown and post here for comparison.

I'm sure it's only this expensive because the hot chocolate powder mix is more expensive 👀

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The eggnog is made from platypus eggs. Very expensive. But delicious.
legend of korra perry GIF

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Some additional pricing breakdown from the past 2 years:

2022: 24 dates
Average ticket price = $170.25
Dates per ticket price:
$149 - 4
$159 - 3
$169 - 7
$179 - 8
$199 - 2

2023: 25 dates
Average ticket price = $181.40
Dates per ticket price:
$159 - 3
$169 - 3
$179 - 7
$189 - 9
$199 - 3

2024: 25 dates (Additional 2024 data above)

2022-2023 average ticket price percentage increase = 6.15%
2023-2024 average ticket price percentage increase = 3.82%
2022-2024 average ticket price percentage increase = 9.73%

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom